Casty not renewed by Catalans

Hvy wg

Emblematic Rémi Casty hoped to secure a final one year deal with Catalans to bow out. 

It has now been said Catalans did not offer any contract, leaving the once captain free without a chance to bow out at the stadium in front of his fans after 14 seasons at the house. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kasiano is going to cost more money this year as Melbourne wont be paying some of his wages. 2 English lads signed plus folau, and all before covid happened. Hopefully they'll get help from the french  government or we could see the end of the Dragons. They where in a good financial position before covid hit. The jets to England to finish the season, no fans and sponsors going bust haven't helped the situation! 

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

Emblematic Rémi Casty hoped to secure a final one year deal with Catalans to bow out. 

It has now been said Catalans did not offer any contract, leaving the once captain free without a chance to bow out at the stadium in front of his fans after 14 seasons at the house. 

Poor stuff whatever the reason(s).

Remi deserves so much more ans better than that.

Thanks for everything Remi, and Salford Need a decent prop! Become a devil, you know it makes sense:kolobok_diablo:

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

31 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Kasiano is going to cost more money this year as Melbourne wont be paying some of his wages. 2 English lads signed plus folau, and all before covid happened. Hopefully they'll get help from the french  government or we could see the end of the Dragons. They where in a good financial position before covid hit. The jets to England to finish the season, no fans and sponsors going bust haven't helped the situation! 

600 00 a season for 20 games at 15 min per game. What a bargain Kasiano is! 

A quality inspirational forward who had some golden times at Catalans.

I'm sure he has a bit more in the tank to provide valuable experience, grit and craft at another club. Especially a side looking for a pack leader to guide younger players.

55 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He’ll be 36 by the start of the season, I can see why they might want to go in a different direction. Shame he’s not had the farewell he deserves but there’s a long list of people this year who haven’t either. 

I read on social media (albeit with the help if google translate) that he apparently first  found out about it by reading it in the press. That is horrible if true. I don't think he was expecting a tickertape parade, jist a bit if basic human decency.

More alarming than this too, you can now actually count on one hand the amount of Frenchmen in the Catalans team. 

Another poor decision by those in power at Stade GB. 

Where is the spirit and go forward of that team now? 

Another season of the odd win at home and plenty of hosings away awaits. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

Casty, maria, simon three french props leaving, moa too, albert gone, talk that morgue is looking to move to England, baitieri in negotiations but nothing promised, lots of props and french players leaving, belmas and Romano also in discussions. 

I reckon the casty thing could fully turn the fans against McNamara as they where getting annoyed by the way he's treating the french players and young French players, goudemand and julien didn't play for the last part of the season, segieur sat on the bench and didn't get on which has happened twice to him, twice to lucas albert and to morgue also i think. He upset the fans when smith was getting picked every week even though he was playing on one leg and at half pace. 

Maria just trained and simon was forgotten about until the last game of the season, yaha didn't feature as soon as the injured players came back. Gigot left, etc etc 

26 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I reckon the casty thing could fully turn the fans against McNamara as they where getting annoyed by the way he's treating the french players and young French players

He seems to be bullet proof. 

29 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Casty, maria, simon three french props leaving, moa too, albert gone, talk that morgue is looking to move to England, baitieri in negotiations but nothing promised, lots of props and french players leaving, belmas and Romano also in discussions. 

I reckon the casty thing could fully turn the fans against McNamara as they where getting annoyed by the way he's treating the french players and young French players, goudemand and julien didn't play for the last part of the season, segieur sat on the bench and didn't get on which has happened twice to him, twice to lucas albert and to morgue also i think. He upset the fans when smith was getting picked every week even though he was playing on one leg and at half pace. 

Maria just trained and simon was forgotten about until the last game of the season, yaha didn't feature as soon as the injured players came back. Gigot left, etc etc 

I admire all the good things that BG has done over the years however the 2 bad points.

1/Personal local vendettas which meant that Theo Fages was never signed (Same goes for Maxime Greseque and others)

2/Changing the overseas recruitment policy from Aussies/Kiwis to English players.

The continued non use of French players for me is disappointing to say the least.

Paul

Be interesting  to see how 4 young French props go with the Dragons reserves in the coming months. Joe Chan, Mathieu Cozza, Hugo Salabio and Florian Vailhen. There's been a shake-up with St Esteve this year with Justin Murphys' arrival. Lets see how it works out.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

22 minutes ago, audois said:

Be interesting  to see how 4 young French props go with the Dragons reserves in the coming months. Joe Chan, Mathieu Cozza, Hugo Salabio and Florian Vailhen. There's been a shake-up with St Esteve this year with Justin Murphys' arrival. Lets see how it works out.

Good man Justin nice to see him back (Didn't he marry a local girl ?) if one has long term involvement as an overseas player it always seems to be the Aussies and Kiwis that settle.

There is an ex Penrith Panthers player who has/had a bar in Iles Sur Tet played for x111Catalan  back in the early 1990,s dont know if you ever have come across him married a local girl.

Paul

42 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The French players still on contract from the top of my head are, goudemand, da costa, seguier, julien, yaha, bousquet and García. 

Only 7 so they better sign another 8 at least thats a poor showing.

As I keep saying MIck Potter and Trent Robinson have been the only 2 coaches that really did give French players a good shot at it.

The entire recruitment policy at the dragons needs to change drastically from the head coach downwards.

21 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I want French sides in SL but if we are simply getting reductions in French players then I do start to wonder whether minimum quotas should be enforced.

I agree SB but it would only work for now under licensing.

This whole thing should have been thought through much better originally.

Why didn’t we get complaints of French players not being in the team when Fraysinnous was coach?  He had 17 French in the squad compared to Robinson and Potter who had 18.  Robbo or Potter might have had 19 as this is from memory.

Only Robbo got anywhere near, 4th I think, McNamara won the CC.  What would Bernard prefer?

Hang on a sec... a few weeks ago there were those saying they only got in the play offs because the rules changed and that they were dodging matches. 

So was it decent or lucky?

Saving money is a good thing, but there is a way to do it. Parting with your captain who has more than 300 games with the team must be done with certain respects.
I wonder if the choice to separate from him does not come from the fact that he had recently expressed his desire to play for the national team again. And when we know the
We could have offered him a place in the staff, a reconversion project with a sponsor etc. I may be wrong but I have the impression that in England there is more respect for the former players and that their experience is valued more. If he is recruited by a club from another Super league club he will make a very good deal!

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Statement from Catalans:

RÉMI CASTY LEAVES THE CLUB

Catalans Dragons can confirm Rémi Casty is leaving the club.

The club captain, who turned 35 this year, has not been offered a new deal and leaves after 14 seasons at the Dragons.

He arrived at the club in 2006 during the inaugural season in the Super League. He spent his career in Perpignan, except in 2014 when he joined the Sydney Roosters in the NRL before coming back a year after.

He holds the record of games played at the club with 336 appearances and 34 tries for the Dragons. He also made 9 NRL appearances with the Roosters. During his career, he won the Challenge Cup in 2018, the Minor Premiership and the World Club Challenge. He became the first player to be nominated in the Super League Dream Team in 2012 and did it again 6 years later.

It’s one of the Dragons’ Legend who leaves the club. We would like to wish him all the best for the future. Thanks Rémi !

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-45/212-8214-remi-casty-leaves-the-club/

Archived