Leigh’s bid is in - SL ready

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Prayta pie, bout crust!

Mint  balls to you!😚

In other news... It strikes me that the criteria which would go against places like Leigh and Featherstone is that there is at least one other SL team well ensconced in the local govt they live in. 

I'm not being funny, I'm being serious and I can see why you may not enjoy the point, but the future of the game is on the edge of a turning point.  It does not affect simply Leigh, it affects a number of existing SL teams.

1 hour ago, DemonUK said:

Really, Toulouse video was out virtually before Toronto were rejected. Heard nothing but Bradford and stock cars at Odsal for the last week. York and Featherstone were also quick off the mark and have regularly posted such on their websites.  What was that? You had no idea? Oh no it was "look at me I hate Leigh"

I’m sure I’ve only seen one coach stood on the steps with a couple of hangers on delivering the hundreds of pages of bid submission  

Maybe you could tell us who delivered the other 5 bids and how many pages long each is 🙄

As part of the bid the local council have agreed to invest in the local infastructure and build a railway station !

The locals however do not want this as it might provide a positive impact in the amount of away fans from overseas being able to attend games and take away a reason for them to complain.

A quote from the other SL clubs have said they are ready for Leigh as they will expect lots of chip overs and grubber kicks to prevent the games from being "boring"  they can field this easily and then collect the ball in the right area of the field.

Ben Flower has signed and he will be affordable as he only plays half seasons due to injurys and suspensions for assaults on unconcious opponents.

As part of the plan the world cup final can be moved to the international stadium as a small town in the shadow of 2 of the games historically biggest clubs is classed as heartland and would keep RL as a small northern game played in small hamlets and villages in between the major cities.

10 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

I’m sure I’ve only seen one coach stood on the steps with a couple of hangers on delivering the hundreds of pages of bid submission  

Maybe you could tell us who delivered the other 5 bids and how many pages long each is 🙄

I hope you don't mind me asking but what is a Wire quin?

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

As part of the bid the local council have agreed to invest in the local infastructure and build a railway station !

The locals however do not want this as it might provide a positive impact in the amount of away fans from overseas being able to attend games and take away a reason for them to complain.

A quote from the other SL clubs have said they are ready for Leigh as they will expect lots of chip overs and grubber kicks to prevent the games from being "boring"  they can field this easily and then collect the ball in the right area of the field.

Ben Flower has signed and he will be affordable as he only plays half seasons due to injurys and suspensions for assaults on unconcious opponents.

As part of the plan the world cup final can be moved to the international stadium as a small town in the shadow of 2 of the games historically biggest clubs is classed as heartland and would keep RL as a small northern game played in small hamlets and villages in between the major cities.

Childish, run along it's bedtime now.

12 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

So you can post every day on social media about the application(York), put your intentions out there the day Toronto were rejected(Toulouse and Fev), but saying how many pages in the application is where you draw the line? That is quite the irrational hatred you've got going on there...

9 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Maybe you can just set your forum signature to 'Leigh bad' and just save yourself a lot of future typing?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

A couple of times I have seen Andy Burnham in the queue for one of the entrance gates to the North Stand (the popular end), I suppose he could have pulled the 'celebrity' tag and got free admittance and been wined and dined but as you say, he is a big Leigh fan and mingles with us waifs, strays and vagabonds.

Good for his image with the Greater Manchester proletariat.

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Maybe you can just set your forum signature to 'Leigh bad' and just save yourself a lot of future typing?

I like Leigh, its a heartland of the game, its just as the game has turned pro Leigh is too small for pro rugby but is perfect for semi pro, the amateur game is strong with several top quality community clubs.

If the powers that be would allow bug clubs to enter SL and prosper there would be a belting semi pro league for leigh to play in!

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I like Leigh, its a heartland of the game, its just as the game has turned pro Leigh is too small for pro rugby but is perfect for semi pro, the amateur game is strong with several top quality community clubs.

If the powers that be would allow bug clubs to enter SL and prosper there would be a belting semi pro league for leigh to play in!

Castleford ??

59 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Mint  balls to you!😚

In other news... It strikes me that the criteria which would go against places like Leigh and Featherstone is that there is at least one other SL team well ensconced in the local govt they live in. 

I'm not being funny, I'm being serious and I can see why you may not enjoy the point, but the future of the game is on the edge of a turning point.  It does not affect simply Leigh, it affects a number of existing SL teams.

So location defines who should be in SLE ? 

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am no a labour voter, but if the stupid members of that party had voted for Burnham instead of that clown Corbyn we would probably have a Labour government now.

Along with a whole team of ex ministers who knew how to run a country 

30 minutes ago, yipyee said:

You really are pathetic 

15 minutes ago, Wire quin said:

Are you Leythers feeling sensitive tonight?

It’s you lot that posted Leigh’s bid was in. No other club has done that. Of course we are going to comment on the merits of Leigh’s submission. 

Which clubs haven't posted that the bid is in, out of curiosity?

Archived