Leigh’s bid is in - SL ready

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

You don't have to be sorry Harry I did indeed "start it" but only as a bit of fun,

That is really good, the fans will be in the dark for the most part over this so keeping them informed of the efforts of the club is good engagement.

Thank you for those sentiments, my last sentance by the way was not aimed at yourself.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Thank you for those sentiments, my last sentence by the way was not aimed at yourself.

No worries Harry I don't take offence easily and try always to keep it positive. Leigh or Toulouse would be good additions squad wise they have less work to do to get strengthened in time. That alone should be reason enough for either to be included. I can't help feeling it will be neither and whoever stays in the Championship may be the real winner.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I'm a bit disappointed, it seemed like a load of words plastered together without coming together for a bit of meaning was it the answers to The Times crossword?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only one if Odsal - that is if the Bulls goes back - and are limited to one stand with just over 5.000 allowed in to the stadium, or if they stay at Dewsbury again capacity 5,100, not much financial pull in either of those. 

So #awayfans don't matter? 😉

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

So #awayfans don't matter? 😉

I was answering the post that was extolling the two big money making games that Leeds would be rubbing their hands with Bradford, away fans certainly do matter or else no big pay day at the Bradford venue.

The clue is in the last sentance of my post.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was answering the post that was extolling the two big money making games that Leeds would be rubbing their hands with Bradford, away fans certainly do matter or else no big pay day at the Bradford venue.

Oh so home fans matter then?

Just now, Lowdesert said:

Still talking about how many pages it is!

It's a stupid persons idea of what makes a good document. Give it loads of pages, they'll think it's really detailed.

It may well turn out to be the best application, but it's not because of the length!

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 01/12/2020 at 18:54, Harry Stottle said:

Only one if Odsal - that is if the Bulls goes back - and are limited to one stand with just over 5.000 allowed in to the stadium, or if they stay at Dewsbury again capacity 5,100, not much financial pull in either of those. 

As I understand it Harry, the Bulls bid for SL is contingent on being at Odsal. I believe there is an RFL board meeting tomorrow to cross the 't's' and dot the 'i's on that, so doubtless we will hear something in the next 24-36 hours.

I don't know where the idea came from that only the Main Stand was going to be used. The terracing directly across the pitch is fine and would comfortably cater for any crowd that would likely be attend. The dodgy terracing is behind the posts at the Rooley Lane End (sometimes used by away fans) and I hear that part of the deal with the proposed return of Stock Cars is to have that fixed (so the Stock Car World Championships can be held there)

I still don't think my club should be the one chosen, but it does seem like some of the building blocks might be falling into place. Whether that will be in SL or the Championship remains to be seen.

37 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's a stupid persons idea of what makes a good document. Give it loads of pages, they'll think it's really detailed.

It may well turn out to be the best application, but it's not because of the length!

I was always told size matters. 😀

44 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's compelling.

It was compelling,yesterday.It,allegedly,is compelling today.

I reckon,with compulsion,it will be compelling tomorrow.

If they could bring the decision forward.Announce Bradford.That would,perhaps,make it compulsory to read the reaction.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

13 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

As I understand it Harry, the Bulls bid for SL is contingent on being at Odsal. I believe there is an RFL board meeting tomorrow to cross the 't's' and dot the 'i's on that, so doubtless we will hear something in the next 24-36 hours.

I don't know where the idea came from that only the Main Stand was going to be used. The terracing directly across the pitch is fine and would comfortably cater for any crowd that would likely be attend. The dodgy terracing is behind the posts at the Rooley Lane End (sometimes used by away fans) and I hear that part of the deal with the proposed return of Stock Cars is to have that fixed (so the Stock Car World Championships can be held there)

I still don't think my club should be the one chosen, but it does seem like some of the building blocks might be falling into place. Whether that will be in SL or the Championship remains to be seen.

It was on these pages a week or so ago Paul that it was indicated  that only the main stand would be available until money was spent on other parts of the ground and more importantly safety certification granted.

As I have said previously I would sooner my club not be elevated to SL, but I can't help but think if the Bulls did get the nod it would be for reasons that are not just Bradford being the best fit for SL. 

Now if the meeting you say is proposed at the RFL board level, concludes that Odsal should be sold to the stock car people as a means of cutting their losses then that would change my mind, on the other hand if the 'i's' and 't's' deems that the RFL is going to spend money improving Odsal, money that could well be used for more important things like the community game, development officers and youth development then I would consider that to be very underhand and a dishonest means to an end.

On 01/12/2020 at 18:54, Harry Stottle said:

15 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

My best tutors always said a good essay was succint. It deliberately meant you avoid unnecessary waffle that hinders you from making your point. Unless the masses of this document is attached appendices.

Basically, if you can say a point well in 200 words, don't try say it in 1000.

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

My best tutors always said a good essay was succint. It deliberately meant you avoid unnecessary waffle that hinders you from making your point. Unless the masses of this document is attached appendices.

Basically, if you can say a point well in 200 words, don't try say it in 1000.

agreed told for my english A level say what you mean as quick as you can with as few words as possible DON'T bore the reader 

430 pages seems a lot maybe it was written in capital letters with a  crayon🖍️

5 minutes ago, POR said:

agreed told for my english A level say what you mean as quick as you can with as few words as possible DON'T bore the reader 

It does seem a bit of a basic way of addressing value to a document.

1 hour ago, POR said:

How many pages is Bradford's application?

Archived