Leigh’s bid is in - SL ready

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, binosh said:

How many pages is Bradford's application?

don't no unlike leigh they haven't made a song and dance about it and said  a total having said that I hope FEV's is only  one  page  written on one side down half the page 

1 minute ago, POR said:

don't no unlike leigh they haven't made a song and dance about it and said  a total having said that I hope FEV's is only  one  page  written on one side down half the page 

and how many pages is Toulouse's application?

31 minutes ago, POR said:

Prepare for a full on attack from the Leigh contingent 😀

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now if the meeting you say is proposed at the RFL board level, concludes that Odsal should be sold to the stock car people as a means of cutting their losses then that would change my mind, on the other hand if the 'i's' and 't's' deems that the RFL is going to spend money improving Odsal, money that could well be used for more important things like the community game, development officers and youth development then I would consider that to be very underhand and a dishonest means to an end.

I don't believe there is any thought that the Stock Car promoter is going to buy Odsal, but rather strike some sort of agreement for the usage - which also includes paying for the requisite work to make safety improvements to the terracing.

As I say, should all come in the wash either later today or tomorrow

1 hour ago, binosh said:

How many pages is Bradford's application?

Apparently they don't need one, 

A represenrative from the club stuck an arm in the air when the question was asked "who wants to take the vacated 12th spot in SL" the arm was said to belong to a large rotund balding gentleman with a Bradford accent.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

My best tutors always said a good essay was succint. It deliberately meant you avoid unnecessary waffle that hinders you from making your point. Unless the masses of this document is attached appendices.

Basically, if you can say a point well in 200 words, don't try say it in 1000.

Hopefully one or two on here will start applying this theory.

Every day at 5pm they're posting another page like it's a ransom situation. 

Each evening until demands are met we're going to be treated to another snippet from the weighty tome that is Leigh's Super League application.

The paperback of Plato's Republic comes in at a mere 416 pages and established notions of politics and justice that are debated to this day. Leigh Centurion's Super League application takes 430 pages to describe HD floodlights and a half time tribute singer. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

17 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Every day at 5pm they're posting another page like it's a ransom situation. 

Each evening until demands are met we're going to be treated to another snippet from the weighty tome that is Leigh's Super League application.

The paperback of Plato's Republic comes in at a mere 416 pages and established notions of politics and justice that are debated to this day. Leigh Centurion's Super League application takes 430 pages to describe HD floodlights and a half time tribute singer. 

yes, but when the SL decision is made the politics and justice of that decision will also be debated ad infinitum too

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, I miss him.

Well, you have to, don't you?

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

That was a much better submission chapter and very impressive even if Sky Try was mentioned 435 times (only kidding!)

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

33 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

when the independent panel make their decision the politics and justice of that decision will be debated by all (except Leigh fans and others who are not remotely interested in the outcome)

I am, especially if Leigh get the nod, I think Toulouse should be the promoted team which if you have read any of my posts since it was announced that Toronto were to be replaced you will be aware off.

27 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

My eye immediately went to the 'Match Day Community Programms' - not because of the actual work they are doing, but because of the very obvious typo.

Perhaps a few less pages and a bit more time spent proofreading would have made the 'impressive 430 pages' a little more impressive?

9 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Bette than yesterday’s but don’t the RFL already hold much if this?  Female teams, Sky Try etc.  Why submit it again?

Because that is what you do in buisness submissions, you have to assume that everyone of the adjudicators know nothing, disclosing everthing they will then know everything. 

I thought that would have been obvious, but if you have never had to do any buisness transactions you would not know that.

Archived