Talks underway to see the return of The Exiles

33 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Don't think we'd get many fans to the stadium if it was any of the home nations or France.

Let just see this as it is... a warm up game that England won't have otherwise against a reasonable standard level and better than Wales, etc...

If we can get a high standard team from Northern Hemisphere as I said previously, great. Reality is we won't. So what's the next best for a warm up game for England coach benefit as distinct from any strategic intent which this ain't.

We wont because we wont help to develop other nations.

Toulouse in SL would help France.

Actually playing France and Wales would also help them.

Also wasnt France in the lead at HT in the last 2 games? What more do you want?

If England get beat by thse supposdly inferiour teams imagine the meltdown on here!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Its a ruddy warm up game, nowt wrong with it... also probably a higher standard than what Wales, Jamaica, or even France could put out...

Its whats best for the England team. not wales, etc, let them do what's best for them... the Knights or whatever, Jam v Wales whatever...

I'd hate to be the England manager -if people on here always looking to always moan about him trying to get a warm up game.

Let the England coach do what he thinks best, whichever team that is..

How do you know it would be a higher standard! 

Its a bizarre comment, why would anyone in an exiles team have passion to play, it would just be a jolly

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m no Cricket fan, but didn’t they do the Probables v Possibles at the weekend?

There were a couple of intrasquad games for England that you could follow on YouTube - they were warm ups done that way to maintain the bio bubble that international cricket is using for tours.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

There were a couple of intrasquad games for England that you could follow on YouTube - they were warm ups done that way to maintain the bio bubble that international cricket is using for tours.

Fair enough, slightly different, then. I knew I’d heard something on the radio at the weekend. 

19 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Jamaica vs Wales

England vs Exiles 

(Leeds Double Header)

France vs Scotland (Toulouse)

Ireland vs England Knights (somewhere in the north-west) 

-

This is what I think will come of this June international break in the northern hemisphere.

Italy will need a game too. That said 95% of their players have probably never been to Europe so they can play their game in Australia. 

20 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Jamaica vs Wales

England vs Exiles 

(Leeds Double Header)

France vs Scotland (Toulouse)

Ireland vs England Knights (somewhere in the north-west) 

-

This is what I think will come of this June international break in the northern hemisphere.

England v France with a women's International as a double header, Scotland v Ireland and Wales v Jamaica are more appetising in a World Cup year than England vs Some blokes. 

9 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Did they really? 

Why did it end, I thought a couple of bad injuries for a nothing game put an end to the nonesense

Well they had a 50% win record so you’d think they were motivated.

Its the RFL so the 4yrs it lasted is above average.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Well they had a 50% win record so you’d think they were motivated.

Its the RFL so the 4yrs it lasted is above average.

Players were pulling out alongside a second string England team ment no fans and a pointless exercise

6 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s a disgrace and that’s putting it mildly. 

You might feel there’s better World Cup warm up opposition, but a “disgrace” is not putting it mildly, it’s in fact vastly over-stating the position.

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

We wont because we wont help to develop other nations.

Toulouse in SL would help France.

Actually playing France and Wales would also help them.

Also wasnt France in the lead at HT in the last 2 games? What more do you want?

If England get beat by thse supposdly inferiour teams imagine the meltdown on here!

Like Italy?

I don't have a problem with the return of the Exiles. If done correctly i still think it has legs, though it seems likely it will be a one-off. As a warm-up game, and under the circumstances i think its fine.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

13 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Players were pulling out alongside a second string England team ment no fans and a pointless exercise

You were the one who thought it bizarre that the Exiles players could be motivated,I merely stated the results showed they were previously.

Archived