Sir Kevin - 7 days - 7 marathons - for Robbie

5 minutes ago, LeeF said:

You also know that even if there were no cameras around etc that Sinfield would still be the same nice bloke doing the same great thing

I worked on the re-roofing of the old ground & the Cranegie stand and had a few chats with Kevin Sinfield, nice guy and I was surprised with his knowledge of the amateur game at all levels.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sinfield completed the 5th of his 7 marathons today in under three hours and 43 minutes.

Unbelievable effort.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

17 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Great that the Irish RU players are getting behind this - O'Garra, O'Driscoll, Bowe. Good lads.

England Rugby social media has been actively sharing it too.  I think any differences, grudges, rivalries etc. all go out the window when it comes to something like this.  It could also be that Sinfield played a bit of union at the end of his career to, there is also that connection.

2 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

How is the money shared? It’s awesome that money is going to MND I just hope some is going to directly to Rob. 

I’m not sure but there was a big fundraising campaign for Rob in 2019 so it may be that most of this one goes to MND.

Ether way it’s a great that something so positive has come out of such an awful situation. Sinfield is such a top bloke, he’s pure class. Burrow has taken on his disease like the true champion he is. Rugby League fans across all teams have got behind the two of them and players and fans from Union too. Great to see.

6 down 1 to go for Sinfield and over £753,000 raised.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

£770,006 as I type...

How great would it be to see a statue of Sinfield outside Headingley some day!

A statue of Sinfield and Burrow to commemorate both their playing days and this period would be very suitable. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/KKha9z3YzoFTvjs49

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A statue of Sinfield and Burrow to commemorate both their playing days and this period would be very suitable. 

Agree with you both, great photo that I also like the alternative below

9 minutes ago, langpark said:

Even better!  And such a striking resemblence to the iconic Provan-Summons moment in Australia (as seen on the NRL trophy).

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says ""I was Rob's captain for 13 years and you spend all those years trying to do what's best for the team. Just because you've finished playing it doesn't mean it stops there. Kevin Sinfneld eോa' berrys E នទន Socie Tha nlae ilaw Duleiga BURROW"

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Made it past £777,777 now! Apparently Derek Beaumont has made a several thousand pound donation, which is incredibly generous. 

Whilst this fundraising obviously shows the regard Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield are held in, it also shows how this very sad story has touched the public at large.

A shame Sinfield can't finish his final marathon with a huge crowd to welcome him at Headingley!

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Over 10 times the original target now. Not really a fan of SPOTY, but this has to get a mention on there to bring it to an even greater audience

I would expect tomorrow, being his final day, to get the most publicity so far!  Let's hope so, I wonder if £1M is within reach?

31 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

They may not accept that  .they may say they would rather the cost was donated to the fund . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

They may not accept that  .they may say they would rather the cost was donated to the fund .

Of course, they are such humble blokes, they would never say "yes we want a statue".  That's why, if it is going to happen, you don't ask, you just do it.  It is the sort of thing local govt. may be willing to fund or co-fund.

5 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Over 10 times the original target now. Not really a fan of SPOTY, but this has to get a mention on there to bring it to an even greater audienceImage may contain: 4 people, text that says "mnda 1001% £778,812 raised £77,777 target by 35978 supporters Donate Now Share Kevin Sinfield We're raising £77,777 to support Rob Burrow and MNDA by running 7 Marathons in 7 Days with our team of Kevin Sinfield, Chris Stephenson & David Spencer. ♡ Health and medical Don't have time to donate right now? etu reminder"

I believe there's a piece on Rob as part of SPOTY.

£830,000 now. I think they must have added about £20,000 in donations just in the time BBC Breakfast was on.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived