Newcastle submit Championship application

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damien said:

Good stuff. Newcastle are a really progressive, well backed club who expand the games footprint. I think they'd be a welcome addition to the Championship. 

This is exactly why they probably won’t be chosen! 

If Workington had the new stadium they were supposed to for the world cup it might be closer, Donny won't think they're too far off either. Barrow are a solid option but for me sit behind others atm.

But realistically this should be Newcastle by any metric.

43 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If Workington had the new stadium they were supposed to for the world cup it might be closer, Donny won't think they're too far off either. Barrow are a solid option but for me sit behind others atm.

But realistically this should be Newcastle by any metric.

Other than proximity to Burtonwood or Hartshead Moor Services, which as we know are the primary metric for RL authorities in England. 

Would have preferred to have gone up by winning last years play off but it seems that this is the way right now, it would be great to see Thunder there and it would help underpin the great development work, on the other hand I do feel sorry for Workington, who would have been a strong candidate but for the stadium debacle.

aye they were a whisker away ? they did not go up automatically,failed in the play offs and they have no coach.think someone said they have 10 players signed on.(according to the workington forum),I can see why they are favourites?how many fans go to their away games does anyone know?

3 hours ago, the mutt said:

aye they were a whisker away ? they did not go up automatically,failed in the play offs and they have no coach.think someone said they have 10 players signed on.(according to the workington forum),I can see why they are favourites?how many fans go to their away games does anyone know?

Keep up to date with the Newcastle Thunder forum on this site.

5 hours ago, the mutt said:

They have plenty people signed up, they're just choosing to announce a new one each day starting a couple weeks ago. Wednesday's announcement was the resigning of Kieran Gill taking it up to 15 announced with the promise of more to come. The list so far is now:

Kieran Gill, Bob Beswick, Rhys Clarke, Alex Clegg, Alex Donaghy, Ollie Gowing, Evan Hodgson, Kieran Hudson, Jack Johnson, Liam McAvoy, Calum Turner, Nathan Wilde, Sam Wilde, Matty Wright & Lewis Young

As for no coach, your a bit behind the times there as well as they announced Catalan assistant coach Eamon O'Carroll as head coach back on Sunday, along with director of rugby Dennis Betts signing a new 2 year deal as well.

15 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Tell you what, the away days in the Championship are class, if liver threatening. Toulouse, York, Sheffield, London, Blackpool and now they’re threatening to throw Newcastle into the mix. What a time to be alive for Championship fans. 

don't forget Widnes !

15 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Tell you what, the away days in the Championship are class, if liver threatening. Toulouse, York, Sheffield, London, Blackpool and now they’re threatening to throw Newcastle into the mix. What a time to be alive for Championship fans. 

What's an ' away ' day ? 🤔

Archived