Halifax Panthers

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Odd. You google Halifax Bombers rugby league name change and you get a link to an archived post on here using very similar punctuation - and it’s pointed out in reply that the story that the Bombers named was ever discussed let alone rejected is a lie.

Its funny this is mentioned but a poll was run where Halifax Bombers came out on top by some distance so big Nige decided to run with Blue Sox.

I like it, I like the way its been built up even getting the Daily Star to run with the Panther story. I just hope they could get them to run a follow up piece which would be nice. Theres worse things happened in 2020.

20 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

People are typically averse to change, more so Rugby League fans, I find. The rebrand isn’t aimed at anyone on here because we’re already Rugby League fans, it’s about finding the next generation and if clubs can achieve that by calling themselves after an animal and/or by offering a lot more than just eighty minutes of Rugby League on a Sunday afternoon, then it’s a move clubs have to take.

This

One of the reasons that these 'rebrands' fall by the wayside is that clubs end up being browbeaten by existing supporters into dropping the name. Once they get tired of a regular stream of mocking from their captive audience, it just gets quietly dumped.

But HW is bang on. This isn't aimed at the people who already go to The Shay, it's aimed at those who don't

Now, obviously it's going to need more than picking an animal to add to the name, and paying someone from Fiverr to knock up a logo. They need to push through the re-brand to everything that happens in and around the club, and then extend it to their match day experience, community programmes, marketing etc

Some people just like to criticise...

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its funny this is mentioned but a poll was run where Halifax Bombers came out on top by some distance so big Nige decided to run with Blue Sox.

I like it, I like the way its been built up even getting the Daily Star to run with the Panther story. I just hope they could get them to run a follow up piece which would be nice. Theres worse things happened in 2020.

Okay - my error. But possibly similar thinking to Leeds rejecting the overwhelming choice - Loiners - to go with some silly animal nickname of their own.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Halifax Machines?

Halifax Mortgage Advisers?

Halifax Bankers has a ring to it. 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Oh, there are native cougars in Halifax. The Acca (a tacky 'nite spot' for those who don't know its charms) is their preferred habitat.

Keighley Cougars is a potentially supremely naff name and identity that thanks to commitment to the brand and an understanding of connecting with its audience has worked absolutely.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Keighley Cougars is a potentially supremely naff name and identity that thanks to commitment to the brand and an understanding of connecting with its audience has worked absolutely.

I always find it strange that some fans, and even some clubs, take their nickname so seriously. 

8 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

I always find it strange that some fans, and even some clubs, take their nickname so seriously. 

Stand aside lad I can't see the logo

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Well I think it's chuffin' grand actually!

Panther Walkcycle // harrybayfield.com | Around and Around ...

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

When I first saw the heading and the logo I thought it was a new club from Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia)? More believable than Fax needing yet another American sounding name change.

24 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

More believable than Fax needing yet another American sounding name change.

As expansion is dead & gone Halifax are giving it a go and as they've seen the way the wind is blowing in SL, smart move.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

30 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

When I first saw the heading and the logo I thought it was a new club from Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia)? More believable than Fax needing yet another American sounding name change.

Me to , gutted 🙁

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Okay - my error. But possibly similar thinking to Leeds rejecting the overwhelming choice - Loiners - to go with some silly animal nickname of their own.

Yep ,that didn't work for them ? 🤔

Not the worst , not the best , as others have put , hope they can milk it and gain from it , good club Fax , I know a few from there with the supporters group and volunteers , always enjoy my visits , even when we lose 

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

People are typically averse to change, more so Rugby League fans, I find. The rebrand isn’t aimed at anyone on here because we’re already Rugby League fans, it’s about finding the next generation and if clubs can achieve that by calling themselves after an animal and/or by offering a lot more than just eighty minutes of Rugby League on a Sunday afternoon, then it’s a move clubs have to take. 

Fair play to Halifax for keeping their finger on the pulse. Whether the whole rebrand/modernising of badges was filtered down to the lower leagues, I’m not sure but having seen the changes by Salford and Wigan, Halifax have kept up the pace by joining in. 

Think the changes and rebrands we’ve been seeing has definitely come from SL, Halifax have SL ambitions so have made an effort to rebrand and attract new and younger audience. 

Archived