Halifax Panthers

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I hope we get a band to do a song for us like we did for the Blue Sox name. That was a banger but a new one would have to be more PC than calling it War Chant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGIbzcEZ-x4

good lord... all of a sudden my reason for not having that name pales into insignificance... this is a better reason for never going back to it!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RP London said:

good lord... all of a sudden my reason for not having that name pales into insignificance... this is a better reason for never going back to it!

Nigel Wood's toxic legacy keeps coming up in new and unexpected ways.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Lots of promo work with interviews with players and staff and then pushing the retail side with shirts going on sale. They are reporting record sales so something has worked if that is true. They do need to keep pushing it though.

That's good news Ox. 

Good club are Fax, so much potential.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

On 03/12/2020 at 17:10, Oscillator said:

I'm 62, have followed Halifax since been taken to Thrum Hall by my Dad in the early 60's, and knowing some of the players then through his work.

I really dislike this modern branding, but the point is that it doesn't matter. I'll still go and see them whenever I can whatever they are called. The point is that marketing research apparently concludes that the club will be more successful in attracting younger generations with a new brand. I don't understand it but there we are. I wish the club the best of luck of with it, and for what it's worth I think they've done a reasonable job given the limited funding available.

I just wish that given the town's history they could have found something with a connection to Halifax - financial services, machine tools, textiles, brewing or confectionery. Or to reference the Duke of Wellington's regiment (maybe the old speedway team prevents them from doing that).

I'm surprised no one has picked up on the obvious "steelers" nickname.

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I'm surprised no one has picked up on the obvious "steelers" nickname.

Halifax, like many towns, had a few engineering firms at one time, but Steelers would be stretching it a bit.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably meant "Stealers" with reference to financial services......

"Halifax, like many towns, had a few engineering firms at one time, but Steelers would be stretching it a bit."

More than a few engineering (machine tool) firms. Off the top of my head

Asquiths, Churchill Redmond, Staveleys, Butlers, Binns Berry, Swift, Ajax, Seymour, Pratts, Stirks....

Without machine tools you make nothing.

As for Chippy's the nation's fish and chips were fried by Frank Ford at the bottom of Haley Hill.

Has a Fax fan for 30+ years, i hated the Blue Sox name , but i don't mind this and really it is aimed at getting more kids interested in the club, by all accounts the retail side has sold more items in the last 3 weeks than they have in previous seasons,  hopefully it continues into the new year

Archived