new club joins rugby league

tms

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Nicked it from Carolina Panthers American Football. Mind you we had Bluebeard and we are over 50miles to the coast.

I see where you are coming from re Carolina, but we nicked another one from the NFL with a revised Patriot

Halifax-Panthers-logo.jpg

carolina panthers logo.jpg

Featherstone-rovers-pirate-logo.png

patriots logo.jpg

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Nicked it from Carolina Panthers American Football.Mind you we had Bluebeard and we are over 50miles to the coast.

As for Bluebeard the Rover (pirate), I suspect that we have seen more pirates in Fev than there has been Rhinos in Leeds, Tigers in Cas, Dragons in Perpignan, etc.

If Fax can use a Panther to market their club then good luck to them, I suspect that a panther has more potential for appeal than potential for ridicule, which is probably more than can be said for our current mascot (if you get my drift).

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Putting the nickname to one side I reckon Fax have assembled a very strong team and could surprise a few next season, all being well. Where we could fall short is strength in depth,  any injuries/suspensions would hit us hard. The main job though is to get the season under way and with supporters in the grounds. Here's hoping. 🤞 Up The Fax ❗🐾🐾 😀

3 hours ago, The Grinder said:

As for Bluebeard the Rover (pirate), I suspect that we have seen more pirates in Fev than there has been Rhinos in Leeds, Tigers in Cas, Dragons in Perpignan, etc.

If Fax can use a Panther to market their club then good luck to them, I suspect that a panther has more potential for appeal than potential for ridicule, which is probably more than can be said for our current mascot (if you get my drift).

Another word for Rover is Pirate and I think the original idea came from that definition.

How about Featherstone Rovers Four Stones. Our emblem could be four standing stones with  crossroads indicating our original name and the crossroads for Roving.  In the background a Feather and a Stone intertwined, indicating our speed and hardness.

8 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

How about Featherstone Rovers Four Stones. Our emblem could be four standing stones with  crossroads indicating our original name and the crossroads for Roving.  In the background a Feather and a Stone intertwined, indicating our speed and hardness.

Why? If it ain't broke don't fix it! 

Davide Longo spoke about branding on the podcast and he's bang on, what we have now is spot on. 

How does the new logo connect with people from Halifax, it doesn't.

There's more that goes into the brand and the image than just a logo. See what Halifax do, I doubt very much.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Davide Longo spoke about branding on the podcast and he's bang on, what we have now is spot on. 

How does the new logo connect with people from Halifax, it doesn't.

There's more that goes into the brand and the image than just a logo. See what Halifax do, I doubt very much.

Might sound daft but as well as the logo I don't think having such insipid-looking mascots helps them either.

Having a recognisable mascot does seem an important part of the branding. People talk about the Rhinos and the Bulls, and we can instantly bring Ronnie the Rhino to mind, same with Bullman at Bradford

Then compare with, say, Wigan - nobody really talks about "the Warriors", and their mascot is completely nondescript and umnmemorable, I don't think it's a coincidence.

Archived