Mascord Brownz is no more...

In the northern hemisphere at least. 

I saw on social media recently that Steve Mascord has left the operation and Phil Browne will operate it solely from down under.

A big shame as they filled a definite gap in the market and every time I purchased something from them the service was superb.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s a shame. Not sure where I’ll get my Fiji shirt for the WC now, was going to get one as I’m going to two of their games. 

Hopefully the RLWC organisers will set up an online store stocking jerseys and off field kit for all 16 nations (imagine that!)

9 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Hopefully the RLWC organisers will set up an online store stocking jerseys and off field kit for all 16 nations (imagine that!)

Honestly I think they should, but can’t see it happening. Loads of people would buy a Brazil ladies shirt for their bird too. 

48 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

In the northern hemisphere at least. 

I saw on social media recently that Steve Mascord has left the operation and Phil Browne will operate it solely from down under.

A big shame as they filled a definite gap in the market and every time I purchased something from them the service was superb.

I read a little of his life story a while back, he was a troubled dude for sure, correct me if I am wrong but didn`t he discover he was adopted late in life and went through all sorts of identity issues, I think he said that League had been his rock for nearly all his life, I hope everything works out for him, there is no doubt this Covid business has really tested a lot of people. It would be nice to be able to send him a cheerio.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

That’s a shame. Not sure where I’ll get my Fiji shirt for the WC now, was going to get one as I’m going to two of their games. 

I would have thought there will be physical points of sale around WC time too, especially on matchday.

On 04/12/2020 at 07:12, welshmagpie said:

I remember going to the Kangaroos v Fiji semi final in 2017 and there was the official merch shop there and they didn't sell Fiji jerseys.... Good old rugby league.

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Celt said:

Judging by the reaction on here, you are about the only person who bought anything from him (unfortunately).

Probably goes a long way to explaining why it is shutting down.

I speak to both the owners fairly often. Steve's writing/promoting a new book and doesn't have the time. But as far as I know the business was/is going fine. Phill is going to continue I think but possibly under a new name. 

new rise.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! Thanks for your interest in MB. Rest assured I am continuing on with merch at WLFmerchandise.com. We've done three big pre-sales on NRL gear in the UK so far this year. There were maybe a dozen reasons it was best for me to do my own thing but I'll just offer the one that is least flattering to me and makes me look the worst: I didn't want to keep running everything past Phill!  We still have a relationship, Phill has been sending out books for me to Australians and Kiwis who subscribe at twotribes.substack.com. So, regarding some of the other issues raised above, I've had contact with Cube Partnership who are doing merch at the World Cup and they insist they WILL have jerseys for every country. I always knew I was adopted but didn't know much about my background. That's what my book Touchstones is about. I had identity issues in that I thought I could come over here and just start again since I was just dropped in suburban Wollongong at six months old from a very different background and made a life for myself from scratch - so why not do it again? And that's still what I'm doing. Thanks for your interest and support. 

Archived