What or who happened on the day you were born

There were parties all around the World on the day I was born. Every year billions celebrate my birthday. Despite this, I have remained very humble, some say the most humble person they know. A less-kind critic once said, "He is a humble man with much to be humble about."

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

There were parties all around the World on the day I was born. Every year billions celebrate my birthday. Despite this, I have remained very humble, some say the most humble person they know. A less-kind critic once said, "He is a humble man with much to be humble about."

You don't want to let us know how old you are 😉

Just like Farmduck my birthday is celebrated by everyone around the world.

On the day of my birth British Rail came into being.

Unless it is my birthday today my birthday is always next year.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

What event happened , or who famous was born on the same day as you ?

I bring this up because in a week's time Coronation Street celebrates its 60th birthday , as do I , that being my claim to fame 

Thanks for an intriguing thread, Gubrats.  And happy 60th birthday in a few days time.

I feel a bit like Wiltshire Rhino, having googled this.  Not much, as far as  can see!

Three German war criminals were sentenced to death.  Germany (West, I presume) and Japan were readmitted to lawn tennis's Davis Cup international competition.

Gareth Davies, the great Welsh RU scrum-half was three.

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for an intriguing thread, Gubrats.  And happy 60th birthday in a few days time.

I feel a bit like Wiltshire Rhino, having googled this.  Not much, as far as  can see!

Three German war criminals were sentenced to death.  Germany (West, I presume) and Japan were readmitted to lawn tennis's Davis Cup international competition.

Gareth Davies, the great Welsh RU scrum-half was three.

Not much, as far as  can see.

Same here. It was a slow day for births.

19 hours ago, doc said:

It snowed, the ambulance was late, I was nearly born in the front room.

Which would never do, it was for visitors don'tchaknow!

Well 60 years ago today it was foggy round Westleyth , the midwife and her dog turned up at our house to deliver me , the nurse went upstairs to get me out , her dog parked his Harris in front of the fire in the front room , upon leaving my dad asked , " don't forget your dog " , " not my dog " replied the midwife 😉

21 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Well 60 years ago today it was foggy round Westleyth , the midwife and her dog turned up at our house to deliver me , the nurse went upstairs to get me out , her dog parked his Harris in front of the fire in the front room , upon leaving my dad asked , " don't forget your dog " , " not my dog " replied the midwife 😉

Happy birthday cocker...... 

Archived