Joe Burgess

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

"their"??

Yes Johnny I'm disowning those poorer characteristics here in case anyone thinks I endorse or agree with them in any way, It's a social media disclaimer approach to life.😃

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, Oxford said:

Fill in as applicable and it's always the opposite what it says. It's a Very British Phrase a bit like we're wonderfully inclusive with our detention centers and aeroplanes full of invited imported/exported victims. I love the British for their ability with language.

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/joe-burgess-becomes-first-player-to-wear-new-salford-shirt/

Welcome to SRD Joe the best place in town!

I think its a fair call, signing for Ian(everyone's favourite other coach)Watson's Salford is different to signing for Richard marshall's Salford.

Dont tell me blease wasn't on the phone to their new signings after Watson left making sure they weren't now in a different frame of mind. 

On 05/12/2020 at 14:51, Barry Badrinath said:

I think its a fair call, signing for Ian(everyone's favourite other coach)Watson's Salford is different to signing for Richard marshall's Salford.

Dont tell me blease wasn't on the phone to their new signings after Watson left making sure they weren't now in a different frame of mind. 

It's not the call it's the phrase as hollow as it comes.

I will tell you that Bleasy was on the phone to everyone involved, as I understand it, signings, staff etc.

On 05/12/2020 at 11:28, sweaty craiq said:

There is a rumour that players who signed for Watson were not happy but Marshall is a great bloke so may pull things together.

Obviously if they don't want to play for SRD now that's their call & I'd rather they didn't if it was only Watto they're interested in.

As for Marshall he's already wining friends and influencing people as far as the fans are concerned, no mean feat in ifself.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

It's not the call it's the phrase as hollow as it comes.

I will tell you that Bleasy was on the phone to everyone involved, as I understand it, signings, staff etc.

Obviously if they don't want to play for SRD now that's their call & I'd rather they didn't if it was only Watto they're interested in.

As for Marshall he's already wining friends and influencinf people as far as the fans are concerned, no mean feat in ifself.

What do expect from a Leigh lad, can’t see Rowley being retained by him

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

Yes Johnny I'm disowning those poorer characteristics here in case anyone thinks I endorse or agree with them in any way, It's a social media disclaimer approach to life.😃

My mistake. I assumed that you were British, probably because of your forum name.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

"Wigan" and "short of wingers" doesn't ever seem to be a true sentence. They literally have had a conveyor belt of talent on the wing over the last decade! Some didn't turn out to be world beaters, but most have performed very well or even become internationals.

An absolute spoil of riches.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 05/12/2020 at 16:13, Blind side johnny said:

My mistake. I assumed that you were British, probably because of your forum name.

Only by accident!

I used to think there was nothing better than being British, from't North and a TGG fan.

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

Brilliant signing for any club, great finisher and can kick.

Leigh appear to be ammasing a very handy squad

I used to think he was an idle sod and would only do just as much as required, that in my opinion was why he kept on moving clubs, but he has certainly changed my mind since he went to Salford, performing like that totally agree he would be a good addition for any club and I would be overjoyed to have him at Leigh, revert him back to Catalan and Widnes ways no thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I used to think he was an idle sod and would only do just as much as required, that in my opinion was why he kept on moving clubs, but he has certainly changed my mind since he went to Salford, performing like that totally agree he would be a good addition for any club and I would be overjoyed to have him at Leigh, revert him back to Catalan and Widnes ways no thanks. 

He's always had the talent - picked for the Kiwis after a single NRL appearance, after all.

But this recent incarnation of Inu is 100 times less frustrating than all the previous ones put together. I hope he takes this attitude to wherever he goes in 2021.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

He's always had the talent - picked for the Kiwis after a single NRL appearance, after all.

But this recent incarnation of Inu is 100 times less frustrating than all the previous ones put together. I hope he takes this attitude to wherever he goes in 2021.

As I said before hope it is Leigh. Apparently his best mate is Junior Sau -  I am told - so they would have the left side partnership.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said before hope it is Leigh. Apparently his best mate is Junior Sau -  I am told - so they would have the left side partnership.

That would be an interesting combination - very powerful!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 05/12/2020 at 09:12, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

How good was Burgess just before he went to Australia.  Probably the number one Super League winger at that time.  How come his time at the top was so short when many other wingers hang up there for a while?  Very similar to Tom Briscoe's rapid fall from grace.

Burgess looked like he could be world class. Even when he switched across to the Bunnies, he showed glimpses of high quality.

I genuinely thought he would be at his peak now. He is still young enough for Salford to see a renaissance of that potential.

43 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Burgess looked like he could be world class. Even when he switched across to the Bunnies, he showed glimpses of high quality.

I genuinely thought he would be at his peak now. He is still young enough for Salford to see a renaissance of that potential.

Yes.  But he did get injuries.  I think some problems in defence.  He did a fair job when he got back in (following others' injuries. Bottom line is he is a good player, clubs like Wigan have to manage their cap and have to distribute it in different positions.

Good signing but I feel a three year contract is a bit excessive. Makes sense for Joe to take that offer of course.

Whilst Marshall and Manfredi are good enough, whether they can stay fit is unlikely given their injury records.

I actually rate Bibby as a better winger than centre but surely Wigan need to bring in another winger or two for cover?

22 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Good signing but I feel a three year contract is a bit excessive. Makes sense for Joe to take that offer of course.

Whilst Marshall and Manfredi are good enough, whether they can stay fit is unlikely given their injury records.

I actually rate Bibby as a better winger than centre but surely Wigan need to bring in another winger or two for cover?

I think Wigans youth squad will probably have a couple of very good prospects who could play wing. Umalya Hanley would be one and they are likely to have another youngster coming through. 

The lack of reserve teams and DR makes retaining players difficult if they never get to play. This won't simply be a Wigan issue next season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On paper at least, Salford have one of the best set of backs in the league, Escare, Watkins, Sarginson, Sio, Lolohea, adding Burgess to the mix its a very dangerous side, add some quality to the pack and its got to be a top 5 team.  

Archived