Fair Go!

Oxford

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Do you think Fevs fine in 2019 for racist chanting will have any impact on the application?

I personally don't think its an issue cos fevs application will be rejected way before we get to discussing the antics of post pubescent youths in the crowd.

You are aware how that was sorted aren't you?

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Agreed, I’d say they will be ranked sixth out of the six. I expect them to be ranked as follows.

1 Toulouse, 2 London, 3 York, 4 Bradford, 5 Leigh, 6 Featherstone.

Wow, that is a surprise you ranking us as high as sixth!

This Northern Union thing is not working out for Featherstone Rovers RLFC, We've been handed a raw deal for over 25 years now. The Northern Union (RFL) & Super League could not care less about us, no matter what we do we'll be deemed as no longer worthy and never will be. When there only 12 Clubs left standing, 11 are in Super League and they are needing a 12th because another pie in the sky collapses, They would overlook us and choose a 2nd attempt at Paris SG or Celtic Crusaders started up by chancers on a wing and a prayer. To that end, we should look to move forward, upset the apple cart, resign from the RFL and apply for the Rugby Football Union.  

10 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

This Northern Union thing is not working out for Featherstone Rovers RLFC, We've been handed a raw deal for over 25 years now. The Northern Union (RFL) & Super League could not care less about us, no matter what we do we'll be deemed as no longer worthy and never will be. When there only 12 Clubs left standing, 11 are in Super League and they are needing a 12th because another pie in the sky collapses, They would overlook us and choose a 2nd attempt at Paris SG or Celtic Crusaders started up by chancers on a wing and a prayer. To that end, we should look to move forward, upset the apple cart, resign from the RFL and apply for the Rugby Football Union.  

We may finally get Sir Kev's support if we went down this route!

23 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Leave that snuff alone!!!🤣

45 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

If that's you submission and sums up your case for the defence, no wonder you were sixth in that line up and no wonder the RFL's got it in for you!

"and apply for the Rugby Football Union. "  Now you'll be made to feel welcome while the newspaper pretend journalists give RL a good going over and afterwards you'll be in much the same position or maybe worse.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

42 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Nay! Get Pontefract RUFC to ground share with Fev at P.O.R., and maybe Pontefract Collieries instead of Wakefield FC, then change the name (temporary?) to Featherstone & Pontefract Rovers (similar to Brighton & Hove Albion, where Hove is mainly omitted for short) and you automatically quadruple the population overnight and increase it to over 100K  if you include Ponte's satellite towns. Maybe that would shut the detractors up?

2 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Nay! Get Pontefract RUFC to ground share with Fev at P.O.R., and maybe Pontefract Collieries instead of Wakefield FC, then change the name (temporary?) to Featherstone & Pontefract Rovers (similar to Brighton & Hove Albion, where Hove is mainly omitted for short) and you automatically quadruple the population overnight and increase it to over 100K  if you include Ponte's satellite towns. Maybe that would shut the detractors up?

Quality. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on then lol. 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I personally don't think its an issue cos fevs application will be rejected way before we get to discussing the antics of post pubescent youths in the crowd.

You are aware how that was sorted aren't you?

Didn't some more mature fans decide to sit with them for a few weeks??

Just now, sweaty craiq said:

Didn't some more mature fans decide to sit with them for a few weeks??

More or less. Young uns shouting the sheeite were given some advice by some of the more established learned members of the brethren who had once been young n daft. Policed from within.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

More or less. Young uns shouting the sheeite were given some advice by some of the more established learned members of the brethren who had once been young n daft. Policed from within.

Always interesting an away day at POR, some great banter in the pubs with the elders but the few bells let all the great folk down - should have a few great battles in 2021

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Always interesting an away day at POR, some great banter in the pubs with the elders but the few bells let all the great folk down - should have a few great battles in 2021

Aye.... we found a reciprocal experience at Leigh!!🤣🤣

Similar towns. Similar clubs mate.

who ever gets the nod. I think should be exempt from relegation for the first season . Such short notice and time to build and gel a squad .If we want to try and expand the game and media interest i would would go with Broncos to super league and the Skolars to the Championship with both clubs given one years exemption from relegation . 

Chief Crazy Eagle

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Nay Lad, nay.

On 05/12/2020 at 11:19, The Phantom Horseman said:

Since the 6 shortlisted clubs were announced, it's been a Leigh-fest on here, with a healthy dose of Yorkmania too, plus lots of hand-wringing about Bradford.

I don't actually think the points made by Matthew Shaw in his article had had that much attention in the threads I've read on here.
Like many people I'm not actually that bothered whether it's my club that gets the nod, with trying for promotion at the end of the 2021 season looking a better long-term plan. But a lot of the views I've seen expressed have been ridiculously simplistic.

A lot of the threads on here have been turned round to leigh by other fans who have a problem with the club, not by leythers.

13 hours ago, Celt said:

I have been critical of Featherstone on here for a couple of reasons.

I have to say though, if the club owns its own training facility, that has to be serious plus point.

If that is the case, I am genuinely impressed.

Crikey that's a shock lol. 

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

A lot of the threads on here have been turned round to leigh by other fans who have a problem with the club, not by leythers.

That's probably fair enough. And as Blind Side Johnny suggested earlier on this thread, historically there have been one or two posters on this forum whose only contributions have been one-eyed pro-Fev propaganda (though not so much lately, I'd like to think).

I did think at the time I started this thread that I'd seen less about Fev than some of the other applicants, both here and in the media, though that might just be me being one-eyed too.

Archived