Josh Reynolds to Hull

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

... being reported on NRL website. 

Decent player but unlikely to take Hull FC to the next level. 

Has only played 21 games in 3 years with the Tigers and Has reportedly been offered a 3 year contract at 31 years of age. Crazy

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-josh-reynolds-set-to-leave-wests-tigers/6062b61a-ae29-4919-b2c8-da6a2c7d68e8?ocid=Social-NRLFS&fbclid=IwAR3bs84HCNrwZ4kyNRyLpy-1xOxbGBqx2KtuViYiqA8PauaWh0pFXS0Xet8

This is bloody ridiculous.

How many aging half backs do West Tigers have?

Are we systematically going through the lot?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Looks like it's confirmed here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/55209683

Lot of negativity but I think that will turn out to be a really good signing. Great competitor and very good player on his day, he'll be hungry as well after a few frustrating years at the Tigers. 31 is a decent enough age as well.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Surprised by some of the comments, i think Reynolds will do well over here. Good competitor and plenty of ability. Will really compete with Connor for the title of most disliked player in a Hull shirt though. One of those players you just love to hate.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

He is a running half. Made many linebreaks and scored many tries during his time with the dogs. 

Not the same player since he left the Bulldogs.

Remember him being carried off shoulder high by the fans after his last game at Belmore.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

41 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

He is a running half. Made many linebreaks and scored many tries during his time with the dogs. 

In his younger years yes, not these days. He even played rake a few games this year. He’s not a bad player and he’s a fierce competitor but he’s just a bit of Jack of all trades half. He’s not consistently good enough to nail down a regular place in NRL anymore

48 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

In his younger years yes, not these days. He even played rake a few games this year. He’s not a bad player and he’s a fierce competitor but he’s just a bit of Jack of all trades half. He’s not consistently good enough to nail down a regular place in NRL anymore

Your last sentence says it all.

Well I for one am happy with this signing. I think we need to be realistic about the calibre of player we can attract right now, and Reynolds is at the top end of that. A few years ago he was one of the best halves in the NRL. His face didn't really fit at Wests, plus a couple of injuries and off field problems for him to worry about. This is a new start for him and if he can recapture anything close to his Bulldogs form then he will be one of the best in SL. At 31 he should have a couple of good years left in him. 

You never really know what you are going to get with NRL signings, but Hodgson has worked with him recently  and I trust his judgement. Knowing the type of player he is I can't imagine him coming here for a holiday. He gives everything 100%. I think this could potentially be a very good signing. 

With him and Connor on the park together I think a few people will be getting rubbed up the wrong way next season!

Fierce competitor and was a good player about 3-4 years ago but has been absolutely pants since. His body is absolutely knackered and i'd be surprised if he manages to string more than a handful of games together for Hull.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

12 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That’s purely down to the coach not wanting him and hoping he’d break contract early if he was miserable. 

He took the dogs to the finals and signed with the tigers for big money. Cleary left and Maguire didn’t want him. 

If you play him at 6, he’ll run all day. 

3 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

That’s purely down to the coach not wanting him and hoping he’d break contract early if he was miserable. 

He took the dogs to the finals and signed with the tigers for big money. Cleary left and Maguire didn’t want him. 

If you play him at 6, he’ll run all day. 

Indeed.  Cleary was a different proposition to McGuire.  A coaching coach v a prescriptive coach.  Both appeal to different players but Reynolds wasn’t one.  Before that, at the Dogs, he was an excellent half with a good kicking and organisational game.  

Hull haven’t had a quality organisational stand off for a few years and I think a change in his life will be good for him imo.  

He is on a 2 year contract.  The first, might be part funded % between WT and Hull (not sure) so the deal could be a good one all round.  He just needs to put in, on the pitch now.

On 06/12/2020 at 06:33, Number 16 said:

... being reported on NRL website. 

Decent player but unlikely to take Hull FC to the next level. 

New faces.  New issues to comment on.  It's all grist to the mill.

Indeed there should be a special category within the Cap to specify 1 player per club that can create controversy.  SKY should appoint a commentator, ditto... and possibly a tailor.

why would people be moaning about a very experienced nrl stand off coming in to the comp? he may be towards the end of his career but to be written off at 31 is a bit harsh, remember this is a league that has just crowned paul macshane as its best player, give him a chance - beggars cant be choosers 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Fierce competitor and was a good player about 3-4 years ago but has been absolutely pants since. His body is absolutely knackered and i'd be surprised if he manages to string more than a handful of games together for Hull.

If you're correct then fair enough.

If however, you're not, then expect to see this post from you quoted next year when we're in the GF at the KCOM when he's awarded the Harry Sunderland Trophy.

I can dream can't I?

Archived