Rugby League World on Coronation Street

3 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

little disappointed that it wasn't a scene where someone was in the Kabin putting a copy of RL World on top of the Rah rah magazines.

ย 

not that i've ever done that in WH Smiths ๐Ÿ˜„

65 years old and I still do that. Wife says I need to grow up.๐Ÿ˜‚

On 08/12/2020 at 14:29, Rioman said:

65 years old and I still do that. Wife says I need to grow up.๐Ÿ˜‚

Me also. Missing my fix of RLW. It's been so long since the last one, I did start to wonder if it the mention had been on one of the classic episodes on ITV3. Good to see one happy story on the current show, it's a misery fest at present and there's enough around without a soap adding to it.

On 09/12/2020 at 01:27, unapologetic pedant said:

ITV showed Shortland Street for a while over here. I feel the same way about it that you do about Coronation Street. The reason I watched a few episodes was that one of the actors (think it was the bloke who starred in "Once Were Warriors") was wearing a Queensland Origin jersey.

RLย sometimes featuresย on Police Ten 7. A bit too often. Not all publicity is good publicity. I`d rather have a good laugh at the Wellington 7s high jinks.

Shortland Street was good for an unintentional funny bad acting in the early days... They actorย your referring career has worked outย alright for starting out as a nz soap actor currently staring on Mandalorian...ย  Sadly NZ league scene and police Ten 7 are sub set that have a bit to much over lap for my likingย 

ย 

On 08/12/2020 at 18:55, Henson Park Old Firm said:

she's desperate for a shag

Hope ur not referring to my Grandma, but if you are I suppose your just trying to be funny, even if that was the case she died 12 years ago

1 hour ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

ย 

ย 

Hope ur not referring to my Grandma, but if you are I suppose your just trying to be funny, even if that was the case she died 12 years ago

no Iย was talking about the bird on CORONATION STREET... she's desperate for a shag (my apologies)

We don't get Coronation Street in Australia. I did see it in the UK though and I was amazed at how many men in England watch soaps. I've never in my life known a man in Australia who watches soaps. It's an interesting cultural difference..

ย 

On 07/12/2020 at 21:14, voteronniegibbs said:

Weatherfield ARLFCย :kolobok_clapping:

Weatherfield Wolfpack, funded by fashion tycoon Mike Baldwin and playing down at the Red Req (weather permitting).ย 
ย 

Run with the pack!

ย 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Could be a bit of a local derby against Rosserman Street and the Flying Horse. Some real needle going on

The after match pie and peas is fantastic I hear, proper sized helpings, you need a hot dinner though 'cos it's always blowing a Gail on that pitch

ย 

I'll fetch me own coat...........

11 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Eddie Yates and Stan Ogden had the look of old fashioned RL forwards. Would have made a handy addition to the pack.ย 

Bring them upto date with head to toe cheap and misspelled tattoos.

ย 

Hida-4-evaย 

ย 

ย 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Update on the Coronation St/RL connection. Peter Barlow reading Weatherfield Gazzete and headline on the back page was โ€˜Countdown to a new Rugby Leagueโ€™. Itโ€™s like a media frenzy lately.ย 

It's about the only media frenzy

On 11/12/2020 at 08:58, Copa said:

We don't get Coronation Street in Australia. I did see it in the UK though and I was amazed at how many men in England watch soaps. I've never in my life known a man in Australia who watches soaps. It's an interesting cultural difference..

ย 

To be fair though Australian soaps are terrible and Australian TV is pretty bad all round - likeย  poor man's American TV.

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair though Australian soaps are terrible and Australian TV is pretty bad all round - likeย  poor man's American TV.

How can you say that when it's given us classics like" Skippy" , Hone and Away, Prisoner Cell Block H....๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How can you say that when it's given us classics like" Skippy" , Hone and Away, Prisoner Cell Block H....๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Used to watch neighbours as a youngster ( as did everyone!)ย 

Accidentally flicked it on recently. There is one very good reason to watch it now.... There seems to be one criteria fior hiring actresses and it isn't actingย 

Is it supposed to be in Melbourne by the way? I assume no RL referenceing in it?ย 

Archived