R.I.P. Ged stokes..πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰

troutmaster

Just heard from the club that Ged Stokes has passed away.Very sad news and another good friend go's up to the Angels,Fly free my friend,you will always be remembered at Workington town.πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰

Terrible news . Ged and his family came to the area , loved it , and became a much liked and respectedΒ part of the West Cumbrian community . My heart goes out to his family , it really is a terrible thing to go through . I wish them all the best and all the strength in the world to endure this awful time . Ged will never be forgotten here . RIP

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Terrible news . Ged and his family came to the area , loved it , and became a much liked and respectedΒ part of the West Cumbrian community . My heart goes out to his family , it really is a terrible thing to go through . I wish them all the best and all the strength in the world to endure this awful time . Ged will never be forgotten here . RIP

Very well said David. RIP Ged.

Just awful news, he was a genuinely nice approachable bloke and sincere condolences to Deb and his family. He came over and really bought into the club and the area so is certainly a Kiwi but also an adopted West Cumbrian.Β 

As a coach he brought a great attacking style of rugby to us after some hard times and brought a Kiwi spine to us with the likes of JT, Limmer, Sione, Lavulavu that really kicked us on and brought us a couple of seasons of great memories which I'll always remember.

RIP Ged marra.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived