2 Clubs Short

The RFL has acknowledged a lack of 2 Clubs from competition structures and in particular is having discussions with L1 about this issue. 

Where can they find 2 Clubs to step up to the plate? 

I know in past situations they have put membership out to tender? 

I think it should be 2 more French clubs entering League 1 after Covid situation has normalised enough 2022? Its sustainable as proved by both Catalans and Toulouse over the years. 

Avignon? ..... If not 2 French Clubs, 1 French and maybe a Sherwood Wolf Hunt (Mansfield Marksman) ???? 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Would be nice to see Manchester and Bristol.

But one's been disbanded (as a club trying to get into L1) and the other's not much more than a pin in a map. Both would be nice, but neither's ready to go. Might as well have Hartlepool and Norwich.

At this stage it's really got to be an existing club or two stepping up IMO.

31 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

The RFL has acknowledged a lack of 2 Clubs from competition structures and in particular is having discussions with L1 about this issue. 

Where can they find 2 Clubs to step up to the plate? 

I know in past situations they have put membership out to tender? 

I think it should be 2 more French clubs entering League 1 after Covid situation has normalised enough 2022? Its sustainable as proved by both Catalans and Toulouse over the years. 

Avignon? ..... If not 2 French Clubs, 1 French and maybe a Sherwood Wolf Hunt (Mansfield Marksman) ???? 

Source please.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

54 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

...and maybe a Sherwood Wolf Hunt (Mansfield Marksman) ???? 

Too soon for Wolf Hunt, who are probably a better fit with the NCL. Nottingham Outlaws, who have (and own) a better ground and have youth teams in place, might be a sounder proposition. 

Hate to remind everybody but semi-pro RL was tried in Mansfield, Alfreton and Kirkby-in-Ashfield - and never caught on. Mind you, one could say the same of Nottingham.

Instead of just suggesting clubs because we like the sound of them (there are loads that fit that bill for me), this is about which clubs actually want to enter L1, and I bet very few if any do. I certainly can’t see any other French teams wanting to, why would they. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Instead of just suggesting clubs because we like the sound of them (there are loads that fit that bill for me), this is about which clubs actually want to enter L1, and I bet very few if any do. I certainly can’t see any other French teams wanting to, why would they. 

VSL were vociferous in their aim to get into League 1 a couple of years ago.

16 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Villenueve Lepards in France, were very keen 

Wasn’t that years ago? They only get about 500 to their games, they’d need a lot of investment to be able to do it. Also the risk of seriously weakening Elite 1 if their top clubs did join our system. 

Archived