2 Clubs Short

5 hours ago, Griff said:

Depends how long your season is.

Maybe you need less fixtures.

The NRL seem to manage to end their season in September somehow.

They don't have a cup competition , and their TV deal is much bigger , RL is their main game , here it isn't and never will be 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ChristianB said:

Just a reminder of the work quietly being done in Cornwall regarding a possible future semi-professional team.

Many here were kind enough to respond to a League One supporters survey we conducted, and the results were even more encouraging than we could have hoped.

Fingers crossed then. 👍

Manchester wanted to and had a good sytem and backing, Serbia also wanted to. These would have been good additions in light of Ottowa and the lack of another due to Toronto.

For me league1 travel should be funded by the rfl if SL dont pass down any of the tv deal.

57 minutes ago, ChristianB said:

Just a reminder of the work quietly being done in Cornwall regarding a possible future semi-professional team.

Many here were kind enough to respond to a League One supporters survey we conducted, and the results were even more encouraging than we could have hoped.

Sounds promising, just need to sort out a regular airline out of newquay after easyjet pulled out and the flybe collapse.

Would be a good away day for fans and help boost the airport

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Why did you ignore the rest of my post ? , The bit which explained why we need more games ?

Jaysus !  That was your explanation, was it ?

Money's a red herring. If money was so important, we'd only have half a dozen clubs left.

In Division 2, I'm still looking at February attendances and thinking that they don't justify four extra games.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 hours ago, Griff said:

Money's a red herring. If money was so important, we'd only have half a dozen clubs left.

In Division 2, I'm still looking at February attendances and thinking that they don't justify four extra games.

Which is division 2? 

The one below SL in the 3 Tiers that being the Championship, or League 1 being below the Championship who are the First Division immediately beneath SL?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Which is division 2? 

The one below SL in the 3 Tiers that being the Championship, or League 1 being below the Championship who are the First Division immediately beneath SL?

The second tier.

I'm neither impressed nor fooled by fancy names.

On 09/12/2020 at 15:48, Smudger06 said:

The RFL has acknowledged a lack of 2 Clubs from competition structures and in particular is having discussions with L1 about this issue. 

Where can they find 2 Clubs to step up to the plate? 

I know in past situations they have put membership out to tender? 

I think it should be 2 more French clubs entering League 1 after Covid situation has normalised enough 2022? Its sustainable as proved by both Catalans and Toulouse over the years. 

Avignon? ..... If not 2 French Clubs, 1 French and maybe a Sherwood Wolf Hunt (Mansfield Marksman) ???? 

Yorkshire men's 5th division to Semi pro without passing a ball at arguably an higher standard than what they've played at in the past, we need to stop being romantics unless they have someone to chuck a few quid in their direction.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 10/12/2020 at 12:59, Saint 1 said:

I'm a big fan of what Wolfhunt are doing but they are some distance from being ready for League 1. 

Wolfhunt entered Yorkshire Division 5 this year (which obviously got scrubbed out due to COVID) so I would expect in terms of an NCL application they would have to work up the tiers somewhat first. They do also run some juniors, I know in 2018 they ran an u15s team in a Yorkshire league but think they were unable to get a team out for 2019. They were present at the Midlands junior festivals last year though.

In terms of Outlaws, our position remains that if stepping up to League 1 just means that we 1) just have to pay a bunch of Northerners to travel down to play for us 2) are no longer able to concentrate on the things we currently do well, then it isn't worth it.  Our juniors are concentrated primarily at the younger age groups, even if they were playing a full season in an organised league (they're not). While we are taking steps to develop our club and the game in the Midlands,  any League 1 presence for us at the minute would be fundamentally built on sand. 

A guy talking sense, give Newcastle the magic weekend for a couple more years then switch to Nottingham, also the RFL should start hitting the schools with development officers now, help with setting up 6 or more junior teams around the area to produce the quantity of players required to sustain a local league then the quality can move up to the Outlaws.

On 09/12/2020 at 21:40, LeytherRob said:

Much easier to do with a draft system that gives the lowest ranking teams first pick of the best youngsters each year though isn't it? 

Who would put the effort into a kid, young man to have he snatched away 

8 minutes ago, Marauder said:

A guy talking sense, give Newcastle the magic weekend for a couple more years then switch to Nottingham, also the RFL should start hitting the schools with development officers now, help with setting up 6 or more junior teams around the area to produce the quantity of players required to sustain a local league then the quality can move up to the Outlaws.

There is nowhere in Nottingham capable of hosting Magic. 

11 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Forest 30,445 County 18,816

You need a bigger stadium than tickets sold because of the nature of the unassigned seating to allow people to go in and out. 

I wouldnt hold it in a stadium less than 10k more than the amount of tickets you expect to sell. 

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Yes it was , the clubs have historical accounts that tell them the likely income in the future , that history enables them to set budgets , explain how exactly they play less games but make the same or better income ?

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes it was , the clubs have historical accounts that tell them the likely income in the future , that history enables them to set budgets , explain how exactly they play less games but make the same or better income ?

You say that as though all clubs break even (or better) every year.

The truth is that well known benefactors fund most of them.  I don't need to name them.

So what's the answer ?   Play more games ?  How many ?   30 ?  40 ?  50 ?   60 ?

24 minutes ago, Griff said:

You say that as though all clubs break even (or better) every year.

The truth is that well known benefactors fund most of them.  I don't need to name them.

So what's the answer ?   Play more games ?  How many ?   30 ?  40 ?  50 ?   60 ?

Some break even , some spend what their owners budget to ' invest ' 

So what's your answer , play 5 games ? 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Some break even , some spend what their owners budget to ' invest ' 

So what's your answer , play 5 games ? 

If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd've known.   But I'll post it yet again.

• Two clubs fewer
  • Four games fewer
  • Don't start till March

On 10/12/2020 at 10:41, Griff said:

Depends how long your season is.

Maybe you need less fixtures.

The NRL seem to manage to end their season in September somehow.

" Less fixtures " , as I put , the clubs know how many games they need , start later , end later 

Archived