London moving again?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be fair, unless there was going to be serious upgrades, they had no future at Trailfinders.

I don’t disagree but they made a big thing about moving there, all the academy and junior teams being able to play there under one hub and they even invested heavily in their own gym setup there. 

Their nomadic existence continues........

Just now, DoubleD said:

I don’t disagree but they made a big thing about moving there, all the academy and junior teams being able to play there under one hub and they even invested heavily in their own gym setup there. 

They may continue that side of things there. They'd most likely just post matches out of a better standard ground.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They may continue that side of things there. They'd most likely just post matches out of a better standard ground.

Think that’s unlikely.

Given the chairman’s reduction in financial support in recent seasons, this announcement does appear somewhat surprising. I wonder if they have another investor 

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be fair, unless there was going to be serious upgrades, they had no future at Trailfinders.

Why? It was more than big enough for the amount of fans they have. Unless they’re going to go down the Bradford/Toronto route of giving away thousands of tickets for nothing, it’s not exactly a needed move. 

There’s also scope to build at Ealing, which they’ve done once already. 

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Brentford and Ealing (assuming it is Brentford) aren't so far apart. It shouldn't (note: shouldn't) make too much of a difference to the areas they work in, academies etc).

Plough Lane - also being mentioned in the comments, no idea about the article - would be more the kind of upheaval which has meant having to stop work in one area to start basically from scratch elsewhere.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, langpark said:

For me, you are either...

1) A person who complains about free pizza sponsorships for Super League

or

2) A person that thinks trailfinders is an acceptable venue (and image) for Super League.

You cannot be both.

Steady on mate, this comes across as a bit aggressive.

Archived