Leigh then

Fevrob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lingard said:

you really think if PR remains and we finish to they would let us in.  Not a chance Robin, we are a stench that the RFL does not want at the top table.  Today has proved that.

I don't think they're that fond of Leigh either. I think it's the sensible choice, and they might even ruffle a few feathers among the sitting tenant under-achievers.

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And us to go up. That's be a good day on the main forum.......

That would be the perfect scenario. Leighs goal is simply 11th place, the same standing from 2017. Alot of people forget that.

I think you guys have a great chance and I wish you the very best of luck. SL does need a shake up and too many teams have been in their comfort Zones for quite some time now. Degsy is daft enough and bold enough to spend his readdies. Its his dream. Wakefield, Salford, Hudds and HKR will really need to look over their Shoulders next year because Leigh going up is probably their worst possible scenario.

Two pit Towns holding their own in SL has a ring to it in 2022. The invincibility of SL has evaporated, and the Challenge Cup upsets are now more frequent. I honestly do not think we will finish bottom. We didn't last time and I am all for the underdog.

I will be rooting for you boys next year as your consistency over the years deserves it )even though I bloody hated Post Office Rd as a player).

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

That would be the perfect scenario. Leighs goal is simply 11th place, the same standing from 2017. Alot of people forget that.

I think you guys have a great chance and I wish you the very best of luck. SL does need a shake up and too many teams have been in their comfort Zones for quite some time now. Degsy is daft enough and bold enough to spend his readdies. Its his dream. Wakefield, Salford, Hudds and HKR will really need to look over their Shoulders next year because Leigh going up is probably their worst possible scenario.

Two pit Towns holding their own in SL has a ring to it in 2022. The invincibility of SL has evaporated, and the Challenge Cup upsets are now more frequent. I honestly do not think we will finish bottom. We didn't last time and I am all for the underdog.

I will be rooting for you boys next year as your consistency over the years deserves it )even though I bloody hated Post Office Rd as a player).

Good luck!

Yeah it's time you broke up the party and let someone get relegated that haven't been relegated before. It's been too cosy too long. Good luck to Leigh

7 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Good luck!

Yes and London came within a whisker of staying up in 2019 - relegated on the last day through points difference. 

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes and London came within a whisker of staying up in 2019 - relegated on the last day through points difference. 

Can't fault London's effort in 2019, but they did benefit (twice?) From saints fielding their lads as they had priority fixtures next....

London beat what was in front of them 

Just now, Robin Evans said:

Can't fault London's effort in 2019, but they did benefit (twice?) From saints fielding their lads as they had priority fixtures next....

I'm sure other clubs benefited from playing against 'weakened' teams too but even taking away those 2 wins they did far better than anyone would have predicted.

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm sure other clubs benefited from playing against 'weakened' teams too but even taking away those 2 wins they did far better than anyone would have predicted.

Oh without doubt. I just recall that game v saints and how easy the two points were when in all likelihood they would otherwise got tupped

17 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The way London destroyed Catalan away was one of the highlights of the S.L. season for me.

16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I've had a fun afternoon

As our resident francophile, I don't know if you are sufficiently up to speed with the language to make the Toulouse forum worth a glance but either way it's a mirror image of our general forum...a few sensible posts but also some deliciously boiled urine in there with lots of anti-Brit sentiment, partly fuelled it seems by the current Brexit funfest.

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Why, what did they actually offer over any of the other applicants in terms of the judgement criteria - and I mean genuinely, not the 'we might have got a French TV deal' argument?

My reasoning was that as well as suiting the SL/RFL's obsession with expansion, they would have been the least offensive choice to the heartland clubs. 🤷‍♂️ 

23 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Agreed. I thought Toulouse were nailed on to be honest.

The French government's opposition to gambling advertising and sponsorship might have had something to do with it, considering that Betfred are the main sponsors of Super League?

Archived