Leigh ta ra.

RogerT

i wish them well too,all they need is a couple a TWP players back and its clocks turned back for 12 months,i look forward to to a close end a season 2021 battle to see who takes there  rightfull place for 2022 by doing it on the pitch rather out of an hat rafflestyle.

Leigh have a rightful place in Super League, 6 clubs were invited to put forward an argument to be allocated a place in Super League, judged by a independent panel Leigh were obviously the best candidates.

Looking at the 6 candidates it would of been difficult to argue against the result. York and Bradford the main contenders (in my opinion) probably will benefit spending another year in the Championship the only problem is only one club can go up at the end of the season.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

5 hours ago, ernieone said:

Leigh have a rightful place in Super League, 6 clubs were invited to put forward an argument to be allocated a place in Super League, judged by a independent panel Leigh were obviously the best candidates.

Looking at the 6 candidates it would of been difficult to argue against the result. York and Bradford the main contenders (in my opinion) probably will benefit spending another year in the Championship the only problem is only one club can go up at the end of the season.

Bradford in SL? 😂 

I'd be happy if I was a coach of the following other 4... 5th spot is to play within the championship next year... 

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Out of the six clubs I think Leigh had the strongest squad of players but I also think they have the weakest coach,he’s got a lot of egos to manage. 

Why not just let them get on with it and concentrate upon the Championship. How will this pan out in 2021?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why not just let them get on with it and concentrate upon the Championship. How will this pan out in 2021?

To be honest with Leigh out the way it’s going to be a cracking championship next season. Fev I reckon will be favourites but York and Toulouse have recruited well. Looking forward to it.

Ask Kevin whether we should worry about away visitors, Batley have struggled for  years to get decent home crowds, he as appealed many times for more people to turn up, it must be like braying your head against a stone wall.

18 hours ago, RogerT said:

Ask Kevin whether we should worry about away visitors, Batley have struggled for  years to get decent home crowds, he as appealed many times for more people to turn up, it must be like braying your head against a stone wall.

But do you think the club do enough to publicise themselves within the area?  If you had just moved from, say Scotland, to Batley would  know there was a professional sports club in the town?

No I don't, they don't have enough volunteers to help out regardless of what they do, but what can you do.

And yes Graham they would need help as Batley is next door to the dark side.

54 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No I don't, they don't have enough volunteers to help out regardless of what they do, but what can you do.

And yes Graham they would need help as Batley is next door to the dark side.

There always seems to be plenty of tight shirts and shiney shoe types wandering about rog,dont they do owt.😅

12 hours ago, RogerT said:

We shall see now London have been placed in Tier 3 as some of the football clubs have fans back.

Only home fans back at the football so far, although obviously RL fans are much more local to each other, generally speaking.  Suppose it depends how the rollout of the jab is going when the RL season starts back up

15 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

They might need a takeaway or a Turkish hairdressers 😉

but back to the away fans...

Will they be allowed in when we go back with covid etc   

The logistics of crowd management in RL grounds will be quite tortuous with or without away fans. Anyone who imagines that it will simply be "back to normal" will have a big surprise. Sadly, none of us really know just how long it will be before unrestricted access to sports grounds will return.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The logistics of crowd management in RL grounds will be quite tortuous with or without away fans. Anyone who imagines that it will simply be "back to normal" will have a big surprise. Sadly, none of us really know just how long it will be before unrestricted access to sports grounds will return.

Yes. Infections on the rise, Christmas to come and then a tough New Year ahead. I get the impression that some think that come April we will be just getting on with it, particularly with a vaccine already out there. Thing is, with the vaccine roll out, the law of big numbers applies here, we really are a long, long way away from acceptable coverage!

The old normal is a thing of the past.

Sorry for the thread drift!

Archived