Zane Tetevano.

Loiner

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Not sure he'd qualify for a Visa to come to SL given he's served prison time for beating the ###### out of his girlfriend on multiple occasions.

Complete & utter grub who no SL club should touch.

Must say I agree. Seems crazy that certain high profile players get hung out to dry by the game/fans and others sneak under the radar without much being said, for lets face it a much worse offence. I'll look forward to Wigan announcing their 'Against domestic violence' day if/when he joins the Rhinos. 

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Must say I agree. Seems crazy that certain high profile players get hung out to dry by the game/fans and others sneak under the radar without much being said, for lets face it a much worse offence. I'll look forward to Wigan announcing their 'Against domestic violence' day if/when he joins the Rhinos. 

Considering it’s not actually happened yet, let’s wait and see. There was that press release that said Super League would have a vote on players being signed to a club that seemed to ban Ben Barba but allow Israel Folau to join Catalans, much to the annoyance of Elstone. 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Considering it’s not actually happened yet, let’s wait and see. There was that press release that said Super League would have a vote on players being signed to a club that seemed to ban Ben Barba but allow Israel Folau to join Catalans, much to the annoyance of Elstone. 

Yeah that's fair to say mate, but long before Folau actually joined the Dragons the media and forums like this were awash with their condemnation of such a move. I get with a higher profile comes more scrutiny but this bloke is famous enough that similar (dare I say harsher) sentiments should be afforded to him as well. 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Barba or Folau hadn't actually committed any criminal crimes. This is about a SL club apparently trying to sign a player who's a convicted woman beater and served time in prison for it. He shouldn't be permitted to gain a Visa. But regardless of the visa situation, its sad that a club like Leeds (or any other SL club) should even be contemplating signing such a vile criminal. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

Barba or Folau hadn't actually committed any criminal crimes. This is about a SL club apparently trying to sign a player who's a convicted woman beater and served time in prison for it. He shouldn't be permitted to gain a Visa. But regardless of the visa situation, its sad that a club like Leeds (or any other SL club) should even be contemplating signing such a vile criminal. 

Whether they had or not, the Super League turned their back on one of them and not the other. It will be interesting to see what they do, if anything, should Tetevano to Leeds actually happen. 

On 15/12/2020 at 20:19, Jim Prendle said:

Which is a big change from back in the day when Aussie pops such as Greg Dowling and Les Boyd were brilliant in the British game.

Add in others from down under like Kevin Tamati, Kurt Sorenson and Ian Roberts (Although he may have been a second row back then), and there was a lot to like about Antipodean forwards.

What names! Uncompromising players we loved to hate. Thanks for reviving memories for an old old forum member!

18 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Every Super League club has overseas players, the position they play in isn’t relevant. Leeds produce more Super League and Championship players than any other club. 

In a salary cap, yes it absolutely does matter than x amount of money is being spent on a prop.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Les Boyd was an utter thug who should never have been allowed to play in England - today he'd be serving a worldwide ban.

I personally am very uneasy about signing a player who has convictions for serious DV offences.  I hear the 'he's done his time and turned his life around' stuff but I'm not really happy about it. Its weird though - I'd probably be less bothered if it wasn't Leeds talking to him. I'm also genuinely surprised he can get a visa with such a serious offence on his record.

6 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Les Boyd was an utter thug who should never have been allowed to play in England - today he'd be serving a worldwide ban.

I personally am very uneasy about signing a player who has convictions for serious DV offences.  I hear the 'he's done his time and turned his life around' stuff but I'm not really happy about it. Its weird though - I'd probably be less bothered if it wasn't Leeds talking to him. I'm also genuinely surprised he can get a visa with such a serious offence on his record.

I didn't say he wasn't a thug, but he was also one of the best props I have ever seen play the game, and as a Wigan fan I hated his guts.

He was tough, quick and had a decent pair of hands on him. He was one of those players you definitely wanted on your side rather than the oppositions.

Times were different then, no better, and in some ways a lot worse. I suppose you are one of those that wants to go around tearing down statues of Mr. Churchill as well.

17 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah I think what I wrote speaks for itself - teams like Wigan made a bit of a fool of themselves over the whole Folau saga. And not because they shouldn't support Gay pride (they absolutely should), but because they made that secondary to what they actually wanted to do - get a dig in at Folau/Catalans. My point is i'll be very surprised if they're as up in arms about Leeds signing this chap, even though his rap sheet is significantly worse. 

11 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah I think what I wrote speaks for itself - teams like Wigan made a bit of a fool of themselves over the whole Folau saga. And not because they shouldn't support Gay pride (they absolutely should), but because they made that secondary to what they actually wanted to do - get a dig in at Folau/Catalans. My point is i'll be very surprised if they're as up in arms about Leeds signing this chap, even though his rap sheet is significantly worse. 

So, let's get this straight, you are outraged at Wigan being outraged?

Well, I'm outraged at you being outraged about Wigan being outraged.

I hope that's quite enough outrage for you.

Good signing I’d reckon . Played in two grand finals in three years and desperately unlucky not to play in the other , so he’s been there and done it in top sides and was a kiwi international last year , so obviously highly regarded 

3 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

So, let's get this straight, you are outraged at Wigan being outraged?

Well, I'm outraged at you being outraged about Wigan being outraged.

I hope that's quite enough outrage for you.

No, Jim - that's not it at all. You're way off the mark, as per usual. *sigh* 

Good try though. Have another go. 

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

Of course it is. 

You have taken yet another chance to prove how patronising you can be and, quite honestly, I'm outraged.

Patronising?

"Times were different then, no better, and in some ways a lot worse. I suppose you are one of those that wants to go around tearing down statues of Mr. Churchill as well."

Pot, kettle....................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Of course it is. 

You have taken yet another chance to prove how patronising you can be and, quite honestly, I'm outraged.

Bless your heart. It's funny, only knuckle draggers ever seem to find me patronising - i'm beginning to chart a degree of correlation. 

n.b. Your sarcasm is as bad as your take on most things. Stop ducking, Jim - you might not miss the point as often. 

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Bless your heart. It's funny, only knuckle draggers ever seem to find me patronising - i'm beginning to chart a degree of correlation. 

n.b. Your sarcasm is as bad as your take on most things. Stop ducking, Jim - you might not miss the point as often. 

Wow, if you were made of chocolate You would eat yourself.

Maybe you should take some precautions before you disappear up your own arsa.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Patronising?

"Times were different then, no better, and in some ways a lot worse. I suppose you are one of those that wants to go around tearing down statues of Mr. Churchill as well."

Pot, kettle....................

🤣

Oh come on mate, I'm trying my best but it is extremely difficult for a Knuckle Dragger like me to elevate myself to the god-like status of those who chart correlations and other clever stuff like that.

Archived