Zane Tetevano.

Loiner

2 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

You're welcome. It was a different game then, and in many ways, far more enjoyable.

Wasn`t a bad backrow for Oz was it ? Boyd, Reddy and Price, bit of a pattern there, Sterlo still talks about Lee Crooks being one of the toughest players he played with or against.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Wasn`t a bad backrow for Oz was it ? Boyd, Reddy and Price, bit of a pattern there, Sterlo still talks about Lee Crooks being one of the toughest players he played with or against.

It wasn't enjoyable to watch from a GB point of view, but I often rewatch my videos, yes videos, of the 1982 and 1986 tours.

Some brilliant players, and despite some of the scorelines, some great entertainment as well.

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Wow, if you were made of chocolate You would eat yourself.

Maybe you should take some precautions before you disappear up your own arsa.

Weak reply.

If you're going to try and come after people on here you must do better. 

Now, I'm done with you. You dragged me down to your level -  I got sucked in. I'll now return to my lofty perch above. 

On 15/12/2020 at 23:21, Gooleboy said:

Aye, Slammin Sam, what a waste of money. Taken on after ROW game at Headingley.

Couldn't even slam his dominoes down, absolute garbage.

On 16/12/2020 at 10:48, Saint Toppy said:

Not sure he'd qualify for a Visa to come to SL given he's served prison time for beating the ###### out of his girlfriend on multiple occasions.

Complete & utter grub who no SL club should touch.

Oh my I didn't realize he was that type of bloke.

Jim P - what on earth have statues of Winston Churchill got to do with anything? 

I made no reference to the 80s either. I just find the worship of Les Boyd weird. Watch the 'tackle' he made on Daryl Brohman and get back to me.  Just three games back after a long ban for that he was banned for 15 months for eye-gouging. But he didn't serve the suspension because he just went to play for Wire. Its a simple fact that if that was today, Boyd's ban would have been worldwide.

17 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Weak reply.

If you're going to try and come after people on here you must do better. 

Now, I'm done with you. You dragged me down to your level -  I got sucked in. I'll now return to my lofty perch above. 

I’m not going after anyone, on here or anywhere else, especially someone like you who is beneath mention.

Goodbye.

7 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Jim P - what on earth have statues of Winston Churchill got to do with anything? 

I made no reference to the 80s either. I just find the worship of Les Boyd weird. Watch the 'tackle' he made on Daryl Brohman and get back to me.  Just three games back after a long ban for that he was banned for 15 months for eye-gouging. But he didn't serve the suspension because he just went to play for Wire. Its a simple fact that if that was today, Boyd's ban would have been worldwide.

Who is “worshipping” Les Boyd?

I think you need to get some perspective here mate. I said he was a great prop forward, with good skills, which he was. I know he had a bad record with discipline, but that doesn’t make him a bad player.

Signing confirmed.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/12/25/rhinos-get-their-man-as-kiwi-ace-tetevano-signs-on-at-emerald-headingley/

If Ava Seumanufagai stays this will leave us with a very strong front row. If Seumanufagai, as expected, is leaving it's a replacement rather than strengthening and still leaves us under-weight up front.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Signing confirmed.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/12/25/rhinos-get-their-man-as-kiwi-ace-tetevano-signs-on-at-emerald-headingley/

If Ava Seumanufagai stays this will leave us with a very strong front row. If Seumanufagai, as expected, is leaving it's a replacement rather than strengthening and still leaves us under-weight up front.

Marquee signing as well. Presumably subject to getting a visa

On 15/12/2020 at 22:55, sweaty craiq said:

Is Ben Barba still "banned" from playing in Super League?

(Which crimes do and don't get bans and who is a minefield.)

On 15/12/2020 at 12:39, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Daily Telegraph reports Tetevano, who joined the Panthers from Sydney Roosters for 2020, is being targeted by Super League side Leeds Rhinos.

According to the Telegraph, the Rhinos are prepared to offer Tetevano a three-year deal worth $1.5 million, $150,000 a season more than his current contract.

Wow! Double Wow! (as Phil Gould would say).

Part of the rich tapestry that adds such intrigue and entertainment to our game are the characters who bring a reputation to the stage.

Some big brutal figures have been touted in this thread, Lee Crooks, Les Boyd, even Mr Tetevano himself.

Bit like that classic western 'The Good The Bad & The Ugly.

Who am I to categorise whom fits into which pigeon hole.

I should not be afforded a random snapshot punt at what kind of people they are based upon third party snippets of headlines relating to their private lives.

However, I should be able to determine if they add the unmistakable ' must-see' attraction of rampaging up the field marauding through the opposition defence.

We've all done regrettable things in our lives. Hopefully we got the chance to redeem ourselves in some way.

I wish Mr Tetevano well, seems Leeds have got a decent forward, if he brings the same excitement that Crooks & Boyd did we'll all be in for a treat 🙂🏉

I expect him to be a replacement for Ava, with him, Oledski, Prior and Holroyd being our prop contingent. Still think we could do with one more, or at least a prop-come-loose forward like Thompson but this is a good investment.

To put the "reported" figure in perspective, AUS$1.5 million for 3 years is roughly £250k a season. Hardly earth shattering, and for a current Kiwi international during Covid times - exactly the sort of signing one of the biggest clubs in the game should be making.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I expect him to be a replacement for Ava, with him, Oledski, Prior and Holroyd being our prop contingent. Still think we could do with one more, or at least a prop-come-loose forward like Thompson but this is a good investment.

To put the "reported" figure in perspective, AUS$1.5 million for 3 years is roughly £250k a season. Hardly earth shattering, and for a current Kiwi international during Covid times - exactly the sort of signing one of the biggest clubs in the game should be making.

Isn’t Tetevano replacing Cuthbertson, why do people expect Ava to leave? 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Isn’t Tetevano replacing Cuthbertson, why do people expect Ava to leave? 

A lot of talk around him going back to Oz and not coming back to the UK for various reasons, not least Covid which is making NRL signings more difficult generally. Equally the silence from the club and player on a now widely circulated rumour is a bit telling imo as you'd have thought they'd have got wind and shut it down through various channels if there was no truth to it at all - which seems to suggest there is. 

I don't see Leeds being too insistent on Ava returning if a replacement can be lined up. 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

A lot of talk around him going back to Oz and not coming back to the UK for various reasons, not least Covid which is making NRL signings more difficult generally. Equally the silence from the club and player on a now widely circulated rumour is a bit telling imo as you'd have thought they'd have got wind and shut it down through various channels if there was no truth to it at all - which seems to suggest there is. 

I don't see Leeds being too insistent on Ava returning if a replacement can be lined up. 

The club are hardly going to rubbish the rumours after the saga of Merrin 

Archived