Zane Tetevano.

Loiner

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Didn’t this thread start off as a new signing from the NRL,seams a long time since said new signing was mentioned.

The signing of a current New Zealand International drew comments of shouldn’t Leeds be using home grown players instead, which is a bit ridiculous as they produce and use more home grown players than any other club.

When was the last time a current New Zealand or Australian International was signed by a Super League club? It’s been a while unless I’m forgetting someone. Tetevano is the only current New Zealand or Australian International in Super League, which shows just how big a signing this is. Interesting Leeds have given him the 13 shirt.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The signing of a current New Zealand International drew comments of shouldn’t Leeds be using home grown players instead, which is a bit ridiculous as they produce and use more home grown players than any other club.

When was the last time a current New Zealand or Australian International was signed by a Super League club? It’s been a while unless I’m forgetting someone. Tetevano is the only current New Zealand or Australian International in Super League, which shows just how big a signing this is. Interesting Leeds have given him the 13 shirt.

You’ve still payed massively over the odds for him.

14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He's still a convicted woman beating cowardly #### bag and any Leeds supporter with an ounce of moral fibre should be ashamed that their club is employing someone like that !

You can try to derail this thread and distract by harping on about trophies, but at the end of the day you've signed a piece of nasty, filthy #### and thousands of Leeds fans, including kids will end up hailing him as some sort of hero if he turns in a few good performances for you. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

36 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

He's still a convicted woman beating cowardly #### bag and any Leeds supporter with an ounce of moral fibre should be ashamed that their club is employing someone like that !

You can try to derail this thread and distract by harping on about trophies, but at the end of the day you've signed a piece of nasty, filthy #### and thousands of Leeds fans, including kids will end up hailing him as some sort of hero if he turns in a few good performances for you. 

Mate you've gone from saying Leeds' academy hasn't produced any top talent, to then qualifying with an unspecified "recently" when pointed out last year's MOS, then claimed it hasn't served Leeds very well when demonstrated that last years Top Try Scorer and Young player of the year, now going on about Tetevano being a wife beater when shown Leeds' excellent record of silverware.

Switching goalposts or just straight trolling?

50 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Mate you've gone from saying Leeds' academy hasn't produced any top talent, to then qualifying with an unspecified "recently" when pointed out last year's MOS, then claimed it hasn't served Leeds very well when demonstrated that last years Top Try Scorer and Young player of the year, now going on about Tetevano being a wife beater when shown Leeds' excellent record of silverware.

Switching goalposts or just straight trolling?

Check the thread title - It was SKS who tried to change the discussion on this thread to distract from the fact that Leeds have signed such a vile, cowardly individual.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Check the thread title - It was SKS who tried to change the discussion on this thread to distract from the fact that Leeds have signed such a vile, cowardly individual.

Zane Tetevano, let’s get back on topic.

When was the last time a current New Zealand or Australian International was signed by a Super League club? It’s been a while unless I’m forgetting someone. Tetevano is the only current New Zealand or Australian International in Super League, which shows just how big a signing this is. Interesting Leeds have given him the 13 shirt.

17 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When was the last time a current New Zealand or Australian International was signed by a Super League club? It’s been a while unless I’m forgetting someone. Tetevano is the only current New Zealand or Australian International in Super League, which shows just how big a signing this is. Interesting Leeds have given him the 13 shirt.

Appreciate that Tetevano is a good signing but claiming him as a current NZ into (which he is), fans unfortunately may be a bit underwhelmed with his actual play.

He doesn't even make the starting teams for his respective nrl sides hes been apart of.

And on the Lions tour when he played for the Kiwis he only made the team due to other front rowers pulling out with injuries or suspensions (Jessie Bromwich, Nelson Asofa Solomona and James Fisher Harris).

Good signing but don't expect Adrian Morley!

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m guessing it was Joel Monaghan who also came to Super League due to unsavoury off field shenanigans!

20 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I’m guessing it was Joel Monaghan who also came to Super League due to unsavoury off field shenanigans!

Depends what you class as current but Merrin or Bird would be my guess. Kevin Locke and Greg Eastwood before that 

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Unless I’m missing something his conviction was 7 years ago, it’s not the reason he’s come to Super League. He clearly did wrong, but served his punishment and sounds like a reformed character to me.

7 years ago Judge Roy Ellis was "impressed with his rehabilitation", and Tetevano's commitment to living "a simple life",

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said the club wished him the best of luck in the Super League.

"Zane had an extraordinary impact on our young squad following his arrival at the club last season," he said. 

"He consistently elevated our training sessions with his professionalism and played an important role in the team's success in 2020."

Tetevano made 19 NRL appearances in 2020 and averaged over 100 running metres per game.

4 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Unbelievable, now you've changed tack again!

On page 5 of this thread you said this:

On 04/01/2021 at 09:42, Saint Toppy said:

But its been a long time since they've produced any of real quality

You had such a silly statement humiliated in the way it deserved and have been grasping for a new line since. First changing it to "recently", then changing it to challenging for trophies, then when that was shown to be flawed you have now changed it to Tetevano is a wife beater. 

I mean honestly if that was your actual point you had no need to go into this thread criticising Leeds' youth development. A simple post on that would have been enough and would probably have gotten you more respect than your embarassing squirming goal post shifts have been!

19 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Yet you welcomed Ben Barba with open arms, strange stance. I'm not defending Tetevano by the way.

I said I was surprised he could get a visa given his jail term.  I won't be that upset if he doesn't get one, but it really Leeds look amateurish.  Its really not that hard to get decent advice on visas. If they didn't get advice due to the fact he'd been in jail for a violent crime then frankly they're idiots.

On the Leeds production line, I'm not going back over the full list, but I don't think its that impressive over the past 5 years or so. At all. If we had good youngsters coming through when we needed them, our nosedive post 2015 would have been nowhere near as bad as it basically was.   

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

These things often take time, he was signed less than 3 weeks ago and there is currently a global pandemic with the epicentre in the UK and the Brexit debacle. It’s not really a surprise to anyone his visa has not yet come through.

Well, it’s in the press in Australia. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Anything more than a random Twitter post in the Australian press? 

No idea, not really bothered either way. However, a journalist for the Western Weekender posted the Tetevano tweet. Conversely, the last of Saints’ Australian imports arrived today so we’re all good. 

On 14/01/2021 at 12:17, BrisbaneRhino said:

I said I was surprised he could get a visa given his jail term.  I won't be that upset if he doesn't get one, but it really Leeds look amateurish.  Its really not that hard to get decent advice on visas. If they didn't get advice due to the fact he'd been in jail for a violent crime then frankly they're idiots.

On the Leeds production line, I'm not going back over the full list, but I don't think its that impressive over the past 5 years or so. At all. If we had good youngsters coming through when we needed them, our nosedive post 2015 would have been nowhere near as bad as it basically was.   

you may be right but as a matter of interest how long was his jail term and did it get repealed upon appeal (the jail term).

Just that given it was 7 years ago the jail term whilst impactful has lesser impact and if lessened advice may be that it is unlikely to be refused.

Not saying I agree or disagree from a moral perspective. 

I suspect their are a fair number of players that have been signed or continue to play (British or from elsewhere) with records that I morally object too.

Like it or not they should all be judged similarly...

Archived