London Broncos Moving Update

The BOSG summary of the Q&A with Messrs Loubser and Milner has dropped. Judging by the output everything in the Broncos garden is rosey. Outstanding squad, brilliant new playing venue (with plans B and C just in case), amazing facilities for scholarship and academy and likewise for first team (now seemingly not so important to have all in one place), commercial deals aplenty, season tix soon to be in sale and so much more to be positive about .

Disappointingly many of my submitted questions weren't answered like forecast impact on fan base of another move, what's the strategy to get more bums in seats, why our recruitment is light years behind our competitors, are we really looking to get promoted to SL, who is actually training at the moment, have the new players arrived, etc.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magic XIII said:

The BOSG summary of the Q&A with Messrs Loubser and Milner has dropped. Judging by the output everything in the Broncos garden is rosey. Outstanding squad, brilliant new playing venue (with plans B and C just in case), amazing facilities for scholarship and academy and likewise for first team (now seemingly not so important to have all in one place), commercial deals aplenty, season tix soon to be in sale and so much more to be positive about .

Disappointingly many of my submitted questions weren't answered like forecast impact on fan base of another move, what's the strategy to get more bums in seats, why our recruitment is light years behind our competitors, are we really looking to get promoted to SL, who is actually training at the moment, have the new players arrived, etc.

I haven’t read it (is there a link anywhere) but from your summary of the summary, they’ve worded it how they want and go make it sound great, without answering too many/any of the tough questions. 

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Fixtures out on Sunday. Surely we'll hear from the Broncos then.

Equally, a home Cup draw tomorrow and you'd think they'd have to say something about the venue (though that could be held at Rosslyn Park with no speccies and no TV).

I really wonder how this Q&A went, as there are so many (in my mind important) questions remaining unanswered. Was it a case of the new BOSG exec not wanting to rock a boat that really needed rocking ?

28 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Fixtures out on Sunday. Surely we'll hear from the Broncos then.

Equally, a home Cup draw tomorrow and you'd think they'd have to say something about the venue (though that could be held at Rosslyn Park with no speccies and no TV).

I admire your optimism but I still think we’re more likely to find out by the away team telling us which ground they’re driving to

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Nothing is going to happen with Plough Lane until the planning application goes in. Sorry!

I can see four applications about the Plough Lane stadium outstanding at the minute. Is the conversion to rugby any of those - because it's not obvious to my untrained eye if they are?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to see what the government announces in its roadmap on February 22. It could be that fans are not back in stadiums until well into the summer, so it's wise for Broncos to take a careful view on when to start any lease with AFCW. No point shelling out when fans are excluded.     

17 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to see what the government announces in its roadmap on February 22. It could be that fans are not back in stadiums until well into the summer, so it's wise for Broncos to take a careful view on when to start any lease with AFCW. No point shelling out when fans are excluded.     

Planning applications aren’t really that expensive 

2 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

I really wonder how this Q&A went, as there are so many (in my mind important) questions remaining unanswered. Was it a case of the new BOSG exec not wanting to rock a boat that really needed rocking ?

To answer your question, the BOSG was set up by the club to undermine the Supporters Trust.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 17/12/2020 at 13:53, HarrogateKnights said:

How many stadiums is now in 40 odd years it must be close on 7 or 8. They have played in pretty much every area from North (Barnet), East, South (Take your pick) West (Ealing) no wonder they struggle to obtain a growing fan base from Barnet to Wimbledon has got to be a 50 mile drive. If they do make the move this has to be the last for sustanbility. Although saying that Wimbledon dogs used to be a good night out with friendly locals so hopefully they get that market. 

I count 10 Stadiums, that includes one offs, like Gillingham & Kingstonian

The other that I remember were Craven Cottage, Griffin Park, Crystal Palace, The Stoop, Barnet, Hendon, Charlton, Ealing, and if you really want to be pedantic, Wembley.

28 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The other that I remember were Craven Cottage, Griffin Park, Crystal Palace, The Stoop, Barnet, Hendon, Charlton, Ealing, and if you really want to be pedantic, Wembley.

Chiswick Polytechnic and Chelsea FC.

People always use moving stadiums as a stick to beat London with but how many of these moves were out of choice? Several were certainly a case of the Football club hiking rents to unaffordable levels or simply no longer wanting a tenant and London can hardly be to blame for that.

39 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

You missed Leyton Orient. I’m also certain they played a game against Catalans at an amateur RU ground, maybe Esher. 

Archived