London Broncos Moving Update

4 hours ago, EssexRL said:

I never made it to Trailfinders. Unlike all the other Bronoco homes this one was just too much of a ball ache to get to on a Sunday. Plough Lane will be easier and looks a nice ground so me and the boy will get to some games (it will help us fill all those gaps in the L1 schedule). I'm not sure our addition of two spectators will offset the downside...

I would love to see a ten year plan to build the club to match the lease.

Is it a ten year lease?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

Is it a ten year lease?

I read that in the report but yeah nothing in concrete yet. Whatever though, Broncos need a long term plan for off-the-field as much as on-the-field. That plan needs to link with the wider RL community in London and around. The truth is the future down here of the game lies on the shoulders of the clubs and fans whether we want it or not.

I have read thta there is a commitment not to play a London Broncos home game until after AFC Wimbledon have played at Plough Lane. So it would appear thta the only nailed on London Broncos Home game (In a Dons Homage Strip) would be 12th September against Featherstone.

So I would expect them to start playing out of the Richmond Athletic Ground. Assuming of course spectators are allowed. It does make the selling of season passes / memberships difficult

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 15/02/2021 at 12:13, Angelic Cynic said:

Could you London people be so kind as to keep us updated on whether the Challenge Cup game is to be played on a Saturday or a Sunday ,for those of us who may have essential work.

Whether or not standing on the roof of a Transit van will be enough to view the game,or whether the upstairs of a double decker bus is required?

Are there any high-rise flats overlooking the playing pitch?

This type of information is very important.Thanks in anticipation. 

On 15/02/2021 at 14:29, ATLANTISMAN said:

High rise flats in Richmond LOL:) 

But some nice apartments if youve got a spare £m+ and probably a good view from the ones on top of the hill.

30 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I have read thta there is a commitment not to play a London Broncos home game until after AFC Wimbledon have played at Plough Lane. So it would appear thta the only nailed on London Broncos Home game (In a Dons Homage Strip) would be 12th September against Featherstone.

Where did you get that from? I’ve read the opposite, from the Wimbledon board. 

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

So I would expect them to start playing out of the Richmond Athletic Ground. Assuming of course spectators are allowed. It does make the selling of season passes / memberships difficult

AFC Wimbledon have played their for months. Do you mean with fans?

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

AFC Wimbledon have played their for months. Do you mean with fans?

That is correct, appoogies my initial post was unclear on that but there ios a commitment that the first game in front of fans will be AFC Wimbledon. and there was talk of a Broncos Kit in Wimbledon colours. I think this came from a link to one of the Dons Trust meetings. Can't track it down this late at night

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

Now Got it - Dons Trust Board Minutes 16th December 2020

https://thedonstrust.org/dtb-minutes/

Confiirmation from Joe Palmer AFC Wimbledon CEO

Joe added that Broncos had explicitly said that their fans would not be allowed to return before ours and that if the closed doors policy extended into summer, AFCW season-ticket holders would be given free entry and Broncos would wear a dedicated blue and yellow third kit

George Orwell

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

That’s it. Read it carefully.

We all have. The Broncos are going to cosplay as Wimbledon in front of their fans.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Where did you get that from? I’ve read the opposite, from the Wimbledon board. 

I have read it carefully, you were in denial of this which is hidden in plain sight. Without breaking any confidences, this has not been discussed or mentioned to the Broncos Official Supporters Group.

There appears to be none of the bar profits, merchadising, commercial partners and hospitality. which are normally part of the spiel whenever London Broncos move or re-brand and the increase in Season Ticket Holders is now explained it's Wimbledon Season Ticket Holders let in for free

George Orwell

36 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I have read it carefully, you were in denial of this which is hidden in plain sight. Without breaking any confidences, this has not been discussed or mentioned to the Broncos Official Supporters Group.

There appears to be none of the bar profits, merchadising, commercial partners and hospitality. which are normally part of the spiel whenever London Broncos move or re-brand and the increase in Season Ticket Holders is now explained it's Wimbledon Season Ticket Holders let in for free

You say that like it's a bad thing. It's actually very positive if your priority is increased revenue for AFC Wimbledon.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

43 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

You have the vision of Mr Magoo without his glasses, my friend. 

25 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. It's actually very positive if your priority is increased revenue for AFC Wimbledon.

Bingo.

It is no surprise that someone whose first support is for AFC Wimbledon thinks it's a brilliant prospect.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

So if football fans can’t return till the summer, they’ll throw open the doors for their fans for a rugby league game and make Broncos wear blue and yellow for a day? 😆

It's a great deal for London and I'm stunned you can't see that.

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I don't dispute that but I also think it's a brilliant prospect for the Broncos. You've got to be a bit of a paranoid div to think otherwise.

TBH, you've got to be someone prepared to completely overlook reality to believe that a move to yet another non league football ground is going to be transformative for London given the state of the club in all aspects right now.

But it's a pay day for your football team so crack on.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It's a great deal for London and I'm stunned you can't see that.

It’s not. Yes, they’ll have a big crowd once this year (if they’re allowed to by the government) and they’ll play in blue and yellow (but given London’s history, they needed to order this shirt in 2017 to be made to get it on sale on the day) but do you really think/expect London will do anything to capitalise on this? To me, it’ll drive up the animosity towards someone daring share their ground and getting to used it with fans before they do. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s not. Yes, they’ll have a big crowd once this year (if they’re allowed to by the government) and they’ll play in blue and yellow (but given London’s history, they needed to order this shirt in 2017 to be made to get it on sale on the day) but do you really think/expect London will do anything to capitalise on this? To me, it’ll drive up the animosity towards someone daring share their ground and getting to used it with fans before they do. 

I really should make my sarcasm more explicit.

It’s an embarrassingly awful plan and, as such, one I’m entirely confident will happen.

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don't either. My optimism is based on AFC Wimbledon capitalising on it, not Broncos. The Broncos couldn't run a bath but AFC Wimbledon will want to work with them on the promotional side and turn it into a success. 

Archived