London Broncos Moving Update

20 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

£25?! I bet there’s not many Super League teams charging more than that (I know Saints do for the better seats on the halfway line). 

Yes, that feels very punchy. And £18 for concessions too - that is definitely a lot more than I'd expect to pay for a child under 16 (assuming that is the cut-off)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Yes, that feels very punchy. And £18 for concessions too - that is definitely a lot more than I'd expect to pay for a child under 16 (assuming that is the cut-off)

Steep, isn’t it. Cheapest prices at Wimbledon are £22, with concessions at £15 (oldies), £11 U21s, £6 U17s, £5 U11s. Family stand tickets are £3 for U11s.

Whilst I agree with the club that the basic season ticket has been too cheap for several years, I've also felt the pay on the day price is too high.

It's a significant deterrent to a first timer thinking of taking in a Broncos  game on the off chance - exactly the sort of person Broncos need through the gate.

I hope this pricing structure means the club has a plan to attract new fans with targeted offers etc. If not, I'm struggling to see the move gaining many new fans. 

Worryingly there seem to be a few long term season ticket holders talking about now going to occasional games or buying a half season ticket. Potentially not good news for the club. Small crowds rattling around Plough Lane will surely make it an even harder sell to the first timer?

Hope I'm wrong here.

21 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Whilst I agree with the club that the basic season ticket has been too cheap for several years, I've also felt the pay on the day price is too high.

It's a significant deterrent to a first timer thinking of taking in a Broncos  game on the off chance - exactly the sort of person Broncos need through the gate.

I hope this pricing structure means the club has a plan to attract new fans with targeted offers etc. If not, I'm struggling to see the move gaining many new fans. 

Worryingly there seem to be a few long term season ticket holders talking about now going to occasional games or buying a half season ticket. Potentially not good news for the club. Small crowds rattling around Plough Lane will surely make it an even harder sell to the first timer?

Hope I'm wrong here.

I have got to a stage in life now where I much prefer watching in what I would call a cozy atmosphere which is why I really did like Ealing.

Same for me in France (Apart from Toulouse the stadium for the present level we all know is too big however the match day experience is fantastic and more than compensates for 2/3000 rattling around in a large stadium) French Elite 1 really does it for me Lezignan/Limoux etc I find the whole day really enjoyable.

Dewsbury/Batley/York/Whitehaven all a cracking day out as well.

Paul

I think it was £25 entry last year - though I could be mistaken as I was an ST holder so never paid it.

I think the club has got the £18 entry for kids badly wrong. Really short-sighted and unimaginative. When you put that alongside the loss of the adjacent pitch at Ealing which served as an area for kids to play, I can see a drop off in younger supporters. We may be left with just the dwindling hardcore, average age 56.

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

My only reason for caveating about whether it's genuine is the notable absence of anything going in for planning consent - given that we are apparently deep in discussions with AFC Wimbledon.

Those are useful examples from Brentford and Tooting & Mitcham.

We are? How deep are you in at Broncos? How deep are you at T&M (because Broncos will never, ever play at the new Brentford).

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Steep, isn’t it. Cheapest prices at Wimbledon are £22, with concessions at £15 (oldies), £11 U21s, £6 U17s, £5 U11s. Family stand tickets are £3 for U11s.

And of course free admission to London Broncos games if the Dons Trust is to be believed....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

£25 for a working adult to watch full time pro rugby in London in a modern stadium seems OK to me, especially if as I'd hope the team is challenging for the playoffs. Definitely much cheaper than Quins, Saracens etc. 

But the concessions price is too high, especially for kids. Needs changing. 

Can't really see the value in the 1/2 season ticket so I'll pay on the day this year when I make it up there. 

OK, hot off the press.

The Dons Trust vote on the Broncos groundshare will be launched in the next few days. If the vote is positive, the planning permission will go in to Merton Council almost immediately afterwards.

The DT board wants to have some sort of post-season Legends type game in May before any rugby game, which will also serve as a necessary ground certificate test event. But the intention is for the Broncos to play this summer at Plough Lane.  

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

OK, hot off the press.

The Dons Trust vote on the Broncos groundshare will be launched in the next few days. If the vote is positive, the planning permission will go in to Merton Council almost immediately afterwards.

The DT board wants to have some sort of post-season Legends type game in May before any rugby game, which will also serve as a necessary ground certificate test event. But the intention is for the Broncos to play this summer at Plough Lane.  

Thanks for the update.

Was there a feeling the vote will be positive ?

I have to say I thought the process was more advanced than it seems to be.

10 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Thanks for the update.

Was there a feeling the vote will be positive ?

I have to say I thought the process was more advanced than it seems to be.

In the temperature test, the no ‘vote’ was 12%. I imagine the board will recommend approval to fans ahead of the vote but even if it doesn’t give an explicit opinion, I expect a comfortable ‘yes’ vote.

Most realise the need for Plough Lane to be more than a venue hosting 23 league games and a few cup games a year.

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

In the temperature test, the no ‘vote’ was 12%. I imagine the board will recommend approval to fans ahead of the vote but even if it doesn’t give an explicit opinion, I expect a comfortable ‘yes’ vote.

Most realise the need for Plough Lane to be more than a venue hosting 23 league games and a few cup games a year.

Were figures discussed? As in how much income expect to make as a result of the Broncos playing at Plough Lane.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Were figures discussed? As in how much income expect to make as a result of the Broncos playing at Plough Lane.

No. There’s a lot going on at AFCW with the new ground, new manager, new DT board, new DT strategy, Covid etc. Broncos aren’t exactly top of the agenda. 

When the vote is launched I’d expect some information by which DT members can base their decision. Whether that’ll include precise financial figures I don’t know but there may well be some nuggets in terms of indications about projected income.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

No. There’s a lot going on at AFCW with the new ground, new manager, new DT board, new DT strategy, Covid etc. Broncos aren’t exactly top of the agenda. 

When the vote is launched I’d expect some information by which DT members can base their decision. Whether that’ll include precise financial figures I don’t know but there may well be some nuggets in terms of indications about projected income.

Bring back DICKIE GUY thats what I say I remember once watching you guys v Woking back in the late 70,s at Plough Lane.

Paul

16 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

OK, hot off the press.

If planning permission for change of use hasn't gone in yet, where will the Broncos be playing for the first half of the season. Planning consent for change of use/extension of use can take up to 6 months, as anybody who watches Homes under the Hammer will testify

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

If planning permission for change of use hasn't gone in yet, where will the Broncos be playing for the first half of the season. Planning consent for change of use/extension of use can take up to 6 months, as anybody who watches Homes under the Hammer will testify

That's a question for the Broncos.  

3 minutes ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

As a kid, if someone had told me that in your lifetime it will be cheaper to fly to Spain than watch division 2 rugby league match I think I would have run away from them.

If anybody told me it would be quicker to fly to Toulouse than get to a Div 2 match......

On 24/02/2021 at 16:52, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Hope I'm wrong here.

Your not,  I am a current Season Ticket Holder who donated his season ticket money to the club in 2020, and I am not going to pay £ 240 for a season ticket.

As I see it, at least three possibly four matches (depending on whether Broncos beat Keighley) will be on Our League at £ 4.95 a throw that adds up to £ 19.80

Of the remaining nine Home Fixtures, when crowds are allowed in from 17th May,  I will only be able to make 3 to 5, so let's assume 5 at £ 25 that's £ 125.

Should I buy a non-refundable  half-membership (£ 120) I could attend these five matches at £ 50 so a grand total of £ 170 plus a Free Members Polo shirt  produced by APX  - which is where the £ 120 goes.

Should I not take out a half-membership it would cost me £ 144.80 maximum and should capacity be restricted at London Broncos home games, once I have recovered from the effects of the defibrillator, I shall make another great saving through paying £ 4.95 on Our League so it could be even cheaper.

Not giving up London League, and will definately make at least three London Skolars matches, but since I will not be a season ticket holder I no longer feel obliged to fit my life around Broncos matches more like Broncos matches fitting around my priorities these days..

That does mean that the Broncos miss out on any spend I might have during matchday attendance assuming of course food and drink revenue comes back to the Broncos...

Someone has made a monkey of himself, and I suspect that's why there are no arrangements to actually pay for these season tickets on line at present.

I am aware that the Commercial Manager reads these threads on TRL Perhaps he would like to comment on the pricing structure.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

24 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Your not,  I am a current Season Ticket Holder who donated his season ticket money to the club in 2020, and I am not going to pay £ 240 for a season ticket.

As I see it, at least three possibly four matches (depending on whether Broncos beat Keighley) will be on Our League at £ 4.95 a throw that adds up to £ 19.80

Of the remaining nine Home Fixtures, when crowds are allowed in from 17th May,  I will only be able to make 3 to 5, so let's assume 5 at £ 25 that's £ 125.

Should I buy a non-refundable  half-membership (£ 120) I could attend these five matches at £ 50 so a grand total of £ 170 plus a Free Members Polo shirt  produced by APX  - which is where the £ 120 goes.

Should I not take out a half-membership it would cost me £ 144.80 maximum and should capacity be restricted at London Broncos home games, once I have recovered from the effects of the defibrillator, I shall make another great saving through paying £ 4.95 on Our League so it could be even cheaper.

Not giving up London League, and will definately make at least three London Skolars matches, but since I will not be a season ticket holder I no longer feel obliged to fit my life around Broncos matches more like Broncos matches fitting around my priorities these days..

That does mean that the Broncos miss out on any spend I might have during matchday attendance assuming of course food and drink revenue comes back to the Broncos...

Someone has made a monkey of himself, and I suspect that's why there are no arrangements to actually pay for these season tickets on line at present.

I am aware that the Commercial Manager reads these threads on TRL Perhaps he would like to comment on the pricing structure.

If he does comment on here I hope he conducts himself with a little more professionalism than he sometimes manages on the other forum.

I think I mentioned on here before that I don't live in the UK anymore (apart from an unfortunate current sojourn to bury my mother-in-law) so season ticket arrangements don't bother me, apart from the various concerns I have expressed about the general direction of the club obviously. That said, my old man has confirmed to me he won't be going this season: moving grounds again is bad enough, to move to Wimbledon compounds that, and to then double his ticket price seals the deal.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

30 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Your view reflects mine exactly. I have gone above and beyond in my time following LB; season tickets for me and the lad (and the daughter many moons ago) writing off the value unconcerned how many games I attended, many player sponsorships, merchandise, events, etc, etc.

I convinced myself the club had a grip on some sort of plan but time and time again they have demonstrated unbelievable ineptitude. I am coming to the conclusion that as much as I hate to say it, LB are on life support.

I am not willing to continue blindly throwing money at the club. I will not get a season ticket. I will go to a few headline games, pay on the day and probably do hospitality. I'll go to a few away games. £30 by train to Wimbledon for a home game or crazy amount of time in car. I'll watch them on Our League. I am still a fan but don't feel as wedded as I have done.

Nice play on words ref monkey.

Archived