London Broncos Moving Update

4 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

A chap by the name of Paulos Latu has been named in the 21 for this weekend. 

Some people think the Broncos can make a success of moving to Wimbledon. In reality, we can't even announce the signing of a new player.

Ask yourself: does the announcement of a new player in any way promote the sale of tracksuits?

And there's your answer for why things are as they are.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Ask yourself: does the announcement of a new player in any way promote the sale of tracksuits?

I intended simply to use an emoji on this post rather than reply, but couldn't decide between laughter and tears.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

16 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I assume it will be better in a few days 

Start the timer ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

A little birdie tells me the website is indeed a work in progress. The same birdie rates the people doing the work too.

I wouldn't rate anyone who put up a work in progress.

It's still screwed by the way.

17 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Yeah. You always put your work in progress live. 🤣

Yep.... I was surprised too

The academy/Staff link goes to a competed page and looks decent 

As of this afternoon I am putting my positive outlook hat on..... Broncos play rugby league tomorrow and I can watch it...... That is something 

If we make the play offs we as ll know what can happen regardless of form... Especially with a certain sinewy and bearded Aussie half back 

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep.... I was surprised too

The academy/Staff link goes to a competed page and looks decent 

As of this afternoon I am putting my positive outlook hat on..... Broncos play rugby league tomorrow and I can watch it...... That is something 

If we make the play offs we as ll know what can happen regardless of form... Especially with a certain sinewy and bearded Aussie half back 

Aren't the play-offs top 6 this year, same as SL played last year? You'd have to be worried if the Broncos were *not* making that, surely?

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

4 hours ago, nadera78 said:

A chap by the name of Paulos Latu has been named in the 21 for this weekend. 

Some people think the Broncos can make a success of moving to Wimbledon. In reality, we can't even announce the signing of a new player.

Thanks boys, those comments made me laugh out loud.

Just now, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Good grief. Just been on the site - 'work in progress' is very generous.

It's certainly bold.

Put together by a company called Key & Eagle who have the slogan "Unlock Your Potential... And Watch it Soar" which makes no sense whatsoever. Is the Eagle locked up? Who locked up the Eagle? Why lock it up anyway when you can just put one of those little hats on them and they just go to sleep?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

5 hours ago, nadera78 said:

I intended simply to use an emoji on this post rather than reply, but couldn't decide between laughter and tears.

There's probably a whole new emoji needed for RL.

Without getting super nerdy, the website is a Wordpress site. They're not rocket science, just about the opposite: you probably got one for free if you ever signed up for web hosting. Add a couple of logos to one of the default templates, and Bob's your uncle. Get hacked at a rate of knots if you don't keep up to date with security patches though.

3 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

A little birdie tells me the website is indeed a work in progress. The same birdie rates the people doing the work too.

Looking at the site right now, I can't say I put any faith in that birdie's judgement. This is the website of what's meant to be a "professional" sports club. Once again, I despair.

Archived