London Broncos Moving Update

As a Season Ticket holder since 2000 (3 ST's to be exact), I did not renew this year for three very simple reasons

Reason 1 :-

1) Cost for the three of us to get to Ealing is 5gb petrol + 5 parking (total 10gbp per game)

2) Travel time = 40 mins (20 mins door to door * 2 trips)

3) Cost to get to PL would be £22 per person for travel card (we live outside M25) = 66gbp (per game)

4) Travel time 4 hours (approx 2 hours to get to ground if you also include time waiting for trains / bus)

So it takes 6 times as long and costs 6 times more travelling to the ground.
If Wimbledon offered parking (even at 10GBP per game), would be far cheaper.

Reason 2 :-

1) 25GBP to watch a mid team championship squad is too much. You should have had

• 18GBP in Championship
  • 25GBP in SL

Reason 3:-

900 fans (lets be generous) in a 2000 capacity stadium make a good noise

900 fans in 9000 seater stadium will have no atmosphere... sound like a reserve match

What would bring me back

1) Good enough squad to make playoffs, and a plan to take us back to SL

2) Parking availabilty (at Brentford the club did a deal with a nearby school, where you could park, there must be something similar near Plough Lane which could also work)

But as it stands now I have not renewed our 3 ST's and will not be renewing either.. Whether we attend a game for 25GBP later this year will depend on what is on offer, seeing us lose by 50 to Tolouse with a acadamy squad + Sammut and Aston will not put me through the gate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crashmon said:

As a Season Ticket holder since 2000 (3 ST's to be exact), I did not renew this year for three very simple reasons

1) Cost for the three of us to get to Ealing is 5gb petrol + 5 parking (total 10gbp per game)

3) Cost to get to PL would be £22 per person for travel card (we live outside M25) = 66gbp (per game)

4) Travel time 4 hours (approx 2 hours to get to ground if you also include time waiting for trains / bus)

1) 25GBP to watch a mid team championship squad is too much. You should have had

• 18GBP in Championship
  • 25GBP in SL

900 fans in 9000 seater stadium will have no atmosphere... sound like a reserve match

What would bring me back

2) Parking availabilty (at Brentford the club did a deal with a nearby school, where you could park, there must be something similar near Plough Lane which could also work)

But as it stands now I have not renewed our 3 ST's and will not be renewing either.. Whether we attend a game for 25GBP later this year will depend on what is on offer, seeing us lose by 50 to Tolouse with a acadamy squad + Sammut and Aston will not put me through the gate

This (although I am only 2 ST!!)

8 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

'It is with disgust that I read that loyal fans with over 25 years invested in the club, are getting letters banning them from the Club. As someone who also has over 25 years watching this club in its various locations and guises. I have no confidence whatsoever in the men now running the Broncos'.

What are they getting banned for? A very worrying development if true and totally toxic. 

Quinskolar

Its from the RL fans forum - The Halifax Thread page 7 the poster "it's me again" states on Monday 5th April

Orangeman when fans of 25 years plus are written to by the office monkey and associates and told they are no longer welcome it does make me wonder for the future of the club. (holding the paperwork to prove this if necessary)

On page 8 when Wire-Quin (who sometimes frequents this forum) asked why, the response was

Wirequin - disagreement on why things were not being done

I understand this refers to two of the original (elected) members of the BOSG, who left following a disagreement with the Commercial Manager (and allegedly Mr Hughes) about how the club was being run. The poster does claim to have a letter from the club proving this.

It is a very sad state of affairs

NB - Not sure the Webmasdter allows me to linik to a thread on the other board but iyt is there

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

3 hours ago, crashmon said:

• 18GBP in Championship
  • 25GBP in SL

What would bring me back

I understand your position on (reason 1) the travel issues generally (though a direct comparison on train and on car to both venues would be more relevant). The additional time and cost on the various changes the club have had is a challenge every year and has been since 1996. Beyond at Charlton my journey has been 2 hrs each way usually be PT (and yes with family cost), but hey I live in London unlike most of the fans. 

The club (and Wimbledon) might have parking sorted but as usual won’t have got round to telling anyone (but we're in the middle of a pandemic so maybe planning to tell us when there is clarity about when can actually go (no I’m not holding my breath either)). 

On your second reason less certain. I would agree not fully confident that squad much more than higher middle table but that’s not how STs or pricing works. Otherwise I’d have got in free in 2014 and might have to have paid an additional fee in 2018.

Reason three, you’ve clearly not been at Elland Road when Hunslet played there. The crack of a bone echoed round the ground. I agree 900 would be dire, and like you are probably thinking where is the plan to fill the new ground.

The squad might be that bad but a plan (realistic) would be a clear indication of what is planned going forward and with this move (no I’m not confident either).

On a side note, maybe the two training grounds is a Covid secure approach for this year (Keep first team away from rest) but not sure the Club would be that clever and certainly haven’t made that clear.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

20 minutes ago, Southern Reiver said:

Reason three, you’ve clearly not been at Elland Road when Hunslet played there. The crack of a bone echoed round the ground. I agree 900 would be dire, and like you are probably thinking where is the plan to fill the new ground.

I endured the 2015 season at Barnet, the 300 fans rattling around at the end of that season (I attended all the games). I really do not intend to endure Barnet 2 which this I am worried will turn into.

This has all Barnet 2 written over it again, I really hope I am wrong in which case you will see us back in 2022.

26 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I endured the 2015 season at Barnet, the 300 fans rattling around at the end of that season (I attended all the games). I really do not intend to endure Barnet 2 which this I am worried will turn into.

This has all Barnet 2 written over it again, I really hope I am wrong in which case you will see us back in 2022.

Have faith though I’m less sure that is what in. I’m afraid I think 2021 will be a complete wash out, and here’s a view, it’ll be a lock down again in September this year. So 2021 wont be a repeat of 2015. So all of 2021 to get 2022 right, as if.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Just an update on the much discussed London Broncos website: it's now down for a couple of weeks for maintenance.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 07/04/2021 at 21:21, crashmon said:

Try Crystal Palace with at best 100 in, despite what the official crowd figure was, for a 16000 capacity stadium.

Just one of many stories from the Strudwick days, I'm sure many have others, as do I.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Looks like rugby league at Plough Lane will get the green light in a week's time: https://democracy.merton.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=155&MId=4029&Ver=4

Interesting times.

Getting very excited for the tweet launching the new blue and yellow training kit

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Talk of moving closer together off the field and sharing resources. I wish them all the best I get the feeling this is the final roll of the dice. 

I imagine they'll do a bit of a rebrand to integrate themselves into the football club, a return to the 1996 colours perhaps?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

31 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Talk of moving closer together off the field and sharing resources. I wish them all the best I get the feeling this is the final roll of the dice. 

I imagine they'll do a bit of a rebrand to integrate themselves into the football club, a return to the 1996 colours perhaps?

Have you missed the previous announcement of a special blue and yellow kit?

Not sure if we'll have the clown shoes to go with it but I'm sure we can do a special edition of those later.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Sound more like a partnership - maybe even a takeover - than a groundshare. Very encouraging from a marketing POV.

The more cynical Broncos fans will say it’s doomed to fail but given the alternative is gates of 250 at Ealing I can’t see how the Wimbledon move could be worse than the status quo. 

52 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The more cynical Broncos fans will say it’s doomed to fail but given the alternative is gates of 250 at Ealing I can’t see how the Wimbledon move could be worse than the status quo. 

Its not inconceivable that the gates at Ealing now reflect the general mood/engagement of the Broncos long suffering faithful, the final nail in the coffin being the Plough Lane move.

3 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Its not inconceivable that the gates at Ealing now reflect the general mood/engagement of the Broncos long suffering faithful, the final nail in the coffin being the Plough Lane move.

But now, rather than investing £200,000 pa in engaging new fans, they are, instead, handing that money over to a football club.

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The only way is up, chief. 

Yup. You've got rugby league's 200k to go towards your £5m debt.

Archived