London Broncos Moving Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I thought there was TfL the tube, ppl are throwing the teddies out because they are moving from one London ground to another, better and more credible one......

How long have you supported London?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Just with the Broncos?

Yes, just the Broncos.

Sunday 11th September 1994 (I've just looked it up!) was my very first London Broncos game. Versus Keighley Cougars, at Hendon FCs old Claremont Rd ground. There were some seasons where I saw very few games because of work and what have you, but to all intents and purposes I've been a fan for 27 years. But I'm done now. They don't deserve anyone's support. It's just one thing after another and I've had enough.

I am and always will be a rugby league fan. How that evidences itself in future I have no idea, probably just internationals I guess.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Sound more like a partnership - maybe even a takeover - than a groundshare. Very encouraging from a marketing POV.

The more cynical Broncos fans will say it’s doomed to fail but given the alternative is gates of 250 at Ealing I can’t see how the Wimbledon move could be worse than the status quo. 

WELL here we go then no point fannying around now lets ALL group together and go for it.

Paul

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Not long. That's why I can't see why it's a major issue and not a minor inconvenience. 

Fair enough.

It's a major issue because we've gone from being based at one venue to be being based at three, because instead of growing as a sustainable Championship club with decent foundations we're having another go at bypassing all the hard work required to keep it going, because the money involved in renting a League Two ground is ridiculous, because the club continue to do their utmost to keep fans uninformed, because there is nothing being done to suggest any of the grand ideas behind this move will come to fruition because it already looks and feels like every other time we've done this. And, ultimately, because the club is heading back to tinpot irrelevance.

Other than that, I'm sure it'll be great.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Initially I was dead against the move, however now its done as a rugby league fanatic where one of my wonderful wife business is very involved in rugby league IM IN 🙂

Now I have to convince her to get the chequebook out and do what we can to help.

Paul

Possibly some kind of assimilation is the only outcome that can work now. The latest "now, for the very first time, we can set down roots at our forever home" press release has no comment from Hughes and no accompanying gushing video from the man. Maybe he's left money to cover the tab for a couple of years and is bowing out.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

I thought there was TfL the tube, ppl are throwing the teddies out because they are moving from one London ground to another, better and more credible one......

I don't think they are real league fans spitting their dummies out 

I may go and watch 3 or 4 games a year 

I like visiting London 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Initially I was dead against the move, however now its done as a rugby league fanatic where one of my wonderful wife business is very involved in rugby league IM IN 🙂

Now I have to convince her to get the chequebook out and do what we can to help.

Paul

That must be so annoying being married to a woman that earns more than you 

League diehard 

17 minutes ago, The storm said:

That must be so annoying being married to a woman that earns more than you 

League diehard 

20 years ago The Storm I would have agreed with you but after 4 children and a 21 year age gap I am happy to get my pocket money and be a good boy ,she happily wears the trousers (Thats what you get being married to a Russian) 

Quote her you need it and you love it  LOL:)

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

20 years ago The Storm I would have agreed with you but after 4 children and a 21 year age gap I am happy to get my pocket money and be a good boy ,she happily wears the trousers (Thats what you get being married to a Russian) 

Quote her you need it and you love it  LOL:)

Lucky man I say!

3 hours ago, nadera78 said:

But I'm done now. They don't deserve anyone's support. It's just one thing after another and I've had enough.

But you're on the wrong thread that should be on:

Castelford, Hull, Hull KR, Salford, Leeds. Wigan, Huddersfield, Leigh, Wakefield, but mostly Bradford otherwise the universe will end overnight.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 16/07/2021 at 12:52, nadera78 said:

And that's me done. Good luck to those sticking around.

On 16/07/2021 at 13:22, nadera78 said:

Yes, just the Broncos.

Sunday 11th September 1994 (I've just looked it up!) was my very first London Broncos game. Versus Keighley Cougars, at Hendon FCs old Claremont Rd ground. There were some seasons where I saw very few games because of work and what have you, but to all intents and purposes I've been a fan for 27 years. But I'm done now. They don't deserve anyone's support. It's just one thing after another and I've had enough.

I am and always will be a rugby league fan. How that evidences itself in future I have no idea, probably just internationals I guess.

C'mon mate, you can't just give it up. Not if you're like me. We need you. 

On 16/07/2021 at 10:03, ShropshireBull said:

Very little marketing for the move. Need to really have a plan in place to use World cup now it's on.  Going to need to go from 200 to absolute minimum of 2000,2-500 next season for this to be viable. 

If we are playing in the Championship or even league 1 this just won’t happen in my view.

3 hours ago, crashmon said:

it is positive news,. but at 25 GBP per ticket and no parking if they average over 500 at PL after the 1st couple of games I will be very surprised

Bloody he// this just won't do, this is the team in our capital city..........

Need a minimum of a grand rocking up every home game in the Championship, and that doesn't include away fans. 

I hope for the best for the London Broncos, been with us over 40 years.

On 16/07/2021 at 15:22, The Daddy said:

The press release sounded like it was used for previous London moves and just rehashed for this occasion. 

This needs to he s long term move or it's pointless 

And Wimbledon seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker, when 300 turn up instead of 3,000 they might realize they have been sold a dud.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

And Wimbledon seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker, when 300 turn up instead of 3,000 they might realize they have been sold a dud.

Maybe they are impressed that London is the only club in the world to claim that there former owner has been into space...

10 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Need a minimum of a grand rocking up every home game in the Championship,

And we were getting (back) there.

But then some AFC Wimbledon fans realised that their club was short of money.

12 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Maybe they are impressed that London is the only club in the world to claim that there former owner has been into space...

I seem to recall the Cougar's had a previous owner who had a substance problem that meant he was out in space for much of the time!

Archived