London Broncos Moving Update

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

Good luck with families (this one is gone, partly because, like others, we never received the t-shirt that came with membership), community clubs (never hear anything from the club anymore), AFCW fans (who knows?), and especially the "event seekers". Ah, the event seekers.

Yes, good luck to the Broncos.

I hope it works, wouldn't you agree?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

It's going to have to succeed with virtually none of the people who have ever supported rugby league in London and the South in attendance.

So, yeah, good luck with that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Man of Kent said:

I’m sure you’ll be willing it to succeed, won’t you Jon?

Next door to no interest at this stage.

Like I say, they're going to need to replace a lot of folk who did used to care.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The speed, and authority, with which you moved from "moving to Plough Lane is going to be brilliant" to "well, it's up to the Broncos but it might work" is quite something.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m sure you’re desperate for the move to work too, chief. Am I right? 

After 27 years, chief, I've washed my hands of it. As I said to you previously, it's your club now.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think the men's first team page is particularly encouraging for London fans

https://londonbroncosrl.com/mens-first-team/ 

I've been following the signings so far... Most have spent the last 2 years either at Skolars or West Wales... So.. I'll let you figure out how I think we're going to do next season.

I think TBC is much better than what we do have.

57 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Too often groundshares create an Us vs. Them situation (Hello, Wigan!) so a bit of enlightened self-interest through collaboration bodes well. 

Its not Wimbledon or the dons fans that any Broncos fan blames for the mess London are in right now. We know exactly who has put us where we are, Part time and fighing to avoid relegation with the weakest squad in the 30 years of London history.  So I would not expect any bad blood between London and Wimbledon when it comes to supporters or to the respective clubs.

I still think 200k rent is far too much for a struggling part time team, but again thats not the fault of the dons, but the leadership of London agreeing to that in the first place.

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Its not Wimbledon or the dons fans that any Broncos fan blames for the mess London are in right now. We know exactly who has put us where we are, Part time and fighing to avoid relegation with the weakest squad in the 30 years of London history.  So I would not expect any bad blood between London and Wimbledon when it comes to supporters or to the respective clubs.

I still think 200k rent is far too much for a struggling part time team, but again thats not the fault of the dons, but the leadership of London agreeing to that in the first place.

We don’t know for certain how much the rent is, to be fair, and it will have been negotiated post the PT decision. 

I believe stuff like this shows Wimbledon aren’t in it for a quick buck. Yes, ultimately they want to make money from the groundshare but they are in for the long term & they will be active to help make it a success.

It’s not going to be a ‘pull in a big crowd for the first game then forget about it’ thing. I fully expect Broncos games to be marketed by Wimbledon almost as if it was a Dons football team playing. 

Archived