London Broncos Moving Update

3 minutes ago, crashmon said:

That money would not allgo to the Broncos though, some of it would go to the Dons (I again could be wrong apologies if I am). So would that get funds for London to improve the squad to challenge for getting back into SL (which has to be part of the 5 year ambition)

Well, they should have cut a better deal on that basis with a reduced rent to compensate.

If they are solely relying on ST income then.......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

I agree, 10% is ambitious.

I would add that, with the exception of a bit of a token effort at Quins, Broncos didn't really seem to try to convert fans at the other clubs.

I'm assuming there is going to be a properly thought through and funded fan engagement strategy aimed at the core Dons support. 

If not, a 1% conversion rate is more likely...

What I would do is basically include all LB home games for free to Dons ST holders. (however on the proviso that Dons ST holders would not get their designated seat if a Paying Broncos ST holder has chosen that seat)

3 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Broncos stated they do retain some match day revenue as part of the groundshare deal. Understandably nether party has made fuller details public. 

I have to say I am still quite excited about the move, better ground, easier to get to (for me) - so all good.

27 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

What's it like to get to from the North. Brentford was a doddle and on street parking to boot. This looks like traveling round the M25 to the A3 and going in that way. How much longer will it take and what's parking like?

I get the train (from west Kent) but I keep hearing Waterside Way is a good (unrestricted) spot for parking near the ground. 

8 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Sadly there is another report emerging on the other forum of a club employee trolling fans. I sincerely hope this is false.

High Quality Futurama zero days since Blank Meme Template

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The man involved has form for this sort of behaviour, which gives an element of legitimacy to what is otherwise internet gossip. But he'll continue sucking on David Hughes' teat regardless.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

The alleged recipient has provided enough information to suggest it is either legitimate or that someone has gone to great lengths to smear the Broncos employee. Both scenarios are troubling.

It has been suggested he provide the evidence to the club.

If this is a malicious hoax, the employee absolutely has the right to have that made clear.

It's not a good look for the club and it can't be incidental to the loss of supporters over the past 18 months. There's been a definite rift in the supporter base - on one side, a group based around the BOSG, who see themselves as the true believers, and another group who have probably followed the club for longer on average but have been critical of recent developments. The latter have seen their comments deleted on social media or, worse, have allegedly been told by the club that their support is no longer wanted. When you are down to your last few hundred fans, you can't afford to jettison a bunch of them. This makes Hughes's call to lapsed fans to return all the more jarring IMO.

Its also interesting how selective they are on who they now contact via email.  I've been critical of the club this past year as I would rather have a squad challenging for the super leage, than be playing in a expensive white elephant (I really hope PL works, but I just can't see it unless you have success on the field as well)..  However considering I've been a gold ST holder since the Charlton days in 2000, (apart from last year, when we just took advantage of the 4 games for 60 offer), I've not had one email from them since making my views known about PL earlier this year.

I really hope that I am wrong, and @Man of Kent is correct, and the move will be a success, but for me the jury is still out right now, and I don't see enough in the strength of the Squad for me to get three full memberships this year, although we will probably pop down to a couple of games.

2 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Yes, a Broncos employee. I'm seriously considering walking away from the club over this. Another fan of 28 years has already said that's it for them. A line has been crossed here.

I go to watch the sport.

No interest about who or what anyone posts on social media. All of it, on both sides, just seem juvenile.

On a separate note - I walked the dog with a Dons ST holder this morning. They aren't getting many Dons fans to watch.

17 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Its also interesting how selective they are on who they now contact via email.  I've been critical of the club this past year as I would rather have a squad challenging for the super leage, than be playing in a expensive white elephant (I really hope PL works, but I just can't see it unless you have success on the field as well)..  However considering I've been a gold ST holder since the Charlton days in 2000, (apart from last year, when we just took advantage of the 4 games for 60 offer), I've not had one email from them since making my views known about PL earlier this year.

I really hope that I am wrong, and @Man of Kent is correct, and the move will be a success, but for me the jury is still out right now, and I don't see enough in the strength of the Squad for me to get three full memberships this year, although we will probably pop down to a couple of games.

I agree that I might just get tickets on the day. I have had 2/3 ST for the last few years for me and others I take.

Even if I see 10 games it washes its face in terms of cost.

10 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I'm confident crowds will be decent at Plough Lane.

If you want to know why I'm confident, go to an Ealing Trailfinders game via public transport and sit in the main stand. Then go to an AFC Wimbledon via public transport and sit in the main stand.

It'll become crystal clear.

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

If you want to know why I'm confident, go to an Ealing Trailfinders game via public transport and sit in the main stand. Then go to an AFC Wimbledon via public transport and sit in the main stand.

We've got the one off groundhopping bus-spotting crowd sewn up then.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Nah. Most of those types will have probably done it by now. Met one from Amsterdam the other day. 

Ah. So we don't even have the one-off groundhopping bus-spotters then.

This is a concern because it seems to be your main focus.

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Opposite you will be a completely empty stand of blue and yellow seats spelling out THE DONS. Behind that, blocks of flats. I thought about posting a photo but I want to leave something to the imagination.

Archived