London Broncos Moving Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Half-page ad in today’s Metro

F5BD1D2D-11E8-4DC4-8E61-EAEBB7DB78AC.jpeg

Yeaaa, this is smart (Dons must have come up with this idea, as LB marketing would never have thought of this in a thousand years), as metro is free and available for everybody who gets on the tube.

Here's hoping this is not a one off, and they continue to push this

10 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Yeaaa, this is smart (Dons must have come up with this idea, as LB marketing would never have thought of this in a thousand years), as metro is free and available for everybody who gets on the tube.

Here's hoping this is not a one off, and they continue to push this

Hehe. Even the QR code works. What’s going on?!

Looking at my rugby league and cricket diary for 2022 i can only make 3 London Broncos matches as mainly will be at Dragons or Toulouse or up north a few times.

Bonus for me i will 100% go to the Cornwall v Cougars match on June 12th or the day before as will be in England that week before heading off for a week in Amsterdam Holland v England 3  1 day internationals.

Rugby League and Cricket the perfect mix:))))

Paul 

56 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Left hand / right hand ...

Indeed. Total shambles sadly.

They can’t decide whether to fully embrace the Dons angle or not… so you have a blue and yellow kit for ( for one year only) launch but still with a red logo/badge and all other marketing in red.

Everything is about hedging your bets… while still managing to wind up your existing (and withering) fan base.

2 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Indeed. Total shambles sadly.

They can’t decide whether to fully embrace the Dons angle or not… so you have a blue and yellow kit for ( for one year only) launch but still with a red logo/badge and all other marketing in red.

Everything is about hedging your bets… while still managing to wind up your existing (and withering) fan base.

They could've just had the blue and yellow as an away kit but as usual they have to complicate the matter 

The unveiling of the new shirt was a little underwhelming. I know Offiah played for London but given the new ground, era and new colours, surely they could have got a current and/or former Wimbledon player involved and even announced it, paraded the shirt at an upcoming Wimbledon (they may be planning this)

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Half-page ad in today’s Metro

F5BD1D2D-11E8-4DC4-8E61-EAEBB7DB78AC.jpeg

I haven't had a good word to say about this mob in recent times and that I am sure will continue, but unless I was being pedantic, I cant really fault this design of poster or approach with the Metro. Also, I don't think MoK shag pile does the picture much justice.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Vinny loves rugby league used to come down 2 nights a week and train with London Crusaders around the late 80,s

Paul

Why I was thinking Jones

Wimbledon legend and also RL fan.  Match made in heaven..

Ofc in real world there is no chance of it ever happening

4 hours ago, Wire quin said:

Maybe they want the Dons (Broncos) fans to feel fully at home in there stadium.

Maybe but they are meant to be a London team so tying themselves to a League 1 doesn't seem like a good idea in the long run. Maybe they'll rename themselves to Wimbledon eventually.

16 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Good one!

Discovered it through Tim Wilby in Sheffield watched in Leeds and continued when back playing in London.

He used to love Ross Strudwick,s training and his wife's (Lisa ex Aussie international Netball player) aerobics sessions were legendary:)

Paul

On 15/12/2021 at 19:30, ATLANTISMAN said:

Looking at my rugby league and cricket diary for 2022 i can only make 3 London Broncos matches as mainly will be at Dragons or Toulouse or up north a few times.

Bonus for me i will 100% go to the Cornwall v Cougars match on June 12th or the day before as will be in England that week before heading off for a week in Amsterdam Holland v England 3  1 day internationals.

Rugby League and Cricket the perfect mix:))))

Paul 

Covid permitting. 

Archived