London Broncos Moving Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that they are now AFC Wimbledon's revenue stream wearing their colours is appropriate. Mind you as with Harlequins how long will it be before AFC WImbledon fans start complaing about the embarassment on and off the field tarnishing their club's name.

Still as with all ticket revenue, food and drink at Plough Lane, I take it the Dons will be getting a percentage of all sales of this kit... I am sure MOK can enlighten us all.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Given that they are now AFC Wimbledon's revenue stream wearing their colours is appropriate. Mind you as with Harlequins how long will it be before AFC WImbledon fans start complaing about the embarassment on and off the field tarnishing their club's name.

Still as with all ticket revenue, food and drink at Plough Lane, I take it the Dons will be getting a percentage of all sales of this kit... I am sure MOK can enlighten us all.

There isn’t anything about Wimbledon getting a cut of shirt sales in the correspondence I’ve seen - and quite right too. 

29 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

The away kit is right at least.

I disagree, the away kit should have been red not black. They should have abandoned Black this season.  All you will get now is the legacy Broncos fans buying this, and the new Dons fans in Blue / Gold.   This is only going to highlight divisions between the two sets of supporters, rather than try and bring together, when 20% of the crowd is in Blue, 10% in Black and 70% in the visiting teams colours.

Really feels like they (London, not Wimbledon) really have messed this up. They are going to end up pleasing  nobody here. Should have stuck to red

On 21/12/2021 at 11:38, crashmon said:

I disagree, the away kit should have been red not black. They should have abandoned Black this season.  All you will get now is the legacy Broncos fans buying this, and the new Dons fans in Blue / Gold.   This is only going to highlight divisions between the two sets of supporters, rather than try and bring together, when 20% of the crowd is in Blue, 10% in Black and 70% in the visiting teams colours.

Really feels like they (London, not Wimbledon) really have messed this up. They are going to end up pleasing  nobody here. Should have stuck to red

James Milner will be happy. Sales = ££££ in his pockets regardless of colour. 

On 21/12/2021 at 11:38, crashmon said:

If they’d chosen red rather than black it would have upset someone else. Maybe black was more continuity from the last six/seven years than red. Though what is a ‘legacy Broncos fan’? As Magic suggests the money people will be fine. It’s trying to strike an uncomfortable balance.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Most years I would have purchased both, and my dad and brother one each so that would be 4 tops. Last year we also bought the LBSA top as well. I've also shelled out on the Blackpool / magic kits when they have done versions of those.

This year very unlikely we buy any kits. Not going to be seen dead in a rip off wire shirt, and unlikely we will purchase the away kit. So that is 4 shirt sales they have missed out on.

I have nothing agaisnt blue and yellow, but they should have gone back to quarters to make us have a distinctive brand, as the chevron makes us look like poor wire \ leeds wannibes.

I would have gone with something like the below (but swapped the white for Gold). I don't believe any RL or football club plays in quarters. I still have this top, and it still fits amazingly

Harlequins-Rugby-League-2008.jpg.299f80710499789feeefb0d62fc45df9.jpg

18 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I would have gone with something like the below (but swapped the white for Gold). I don't believe any RL or football club plays in quarters. I still have this top, and it still fits amazingly

Harlequins-Rugby-League-2008.jpg.299f80710499789feeefb0d62fc45df9.jpg

Bristol Rovers play in blue and white quarters, but yes agreed they do look really good. 

So instead of looking very remotely like one team (oh which, Leeds’ traditional look isn’t a V and Warrington rarely play in a V), they should have gone back to a design they tried when they looked identical to a well-known Rugby Union brand? I’m sorry but not for me. 

I don’t imagine there will be too many (if any) Wimbledon fans associating the Broncos home shirt with other Rugby League teams and will see it as a nod to the football club. 

Archived