London Broncos Moving Update

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Vaguely interestingly: Saracens have only just started doing it but with an established team that were already called Mavericks (with various names before the nickanme). The team is now Saracens Mavericks and a bit of a mish mash. I suspect they will eventually drop the Mavericks part and become more integrated to the bigger club.

Rhinos being linked to rugby league was useful last night as we had the netball commentators extolling the virtues of TGG whilst promoting the upcoming live coverage.

I knew there was something Saracens had done but then couldn't remember seeing their name that prominently lately, that explains it though ta.

The cross over of each can be useful as it opens up other sports for kids to enjoy because they already have a team to support so it seems more natural. It also becomes a name you just expect to see in sport and rivalries build across multi platforms etc. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RP London said:

I knew there was something Saracens had done but then couldn't remember seeing their name that prominently lately, that explains it though ta.

The cross over of each can be useful as it opens up other sports for kids to enjoy because they already have a team to support so it seems more natural. It also becomes a name you just expect to see in sport and rivalries build across multi platforms etc. 

Ngl I would take absolutely zero interest in Netball normally but I like to see Leeds Rhinos doing well so I have watched a couple of games this year on TV.

1 hour ago, nadera78 said:

The new website is so good there's nowhere on it to buy a membership.

There is, of course, a link to the commercial manager's other business where you can buy a replica shirt.

And have you raised this with them, or do you just whinge pointlessly?

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

And have you raised this with them, or do you just whinge pointlessly?

I'm not whinging, I'm pointing out how awful the club's management is. The fact it comes across as whinging demonstrates just how often mistakes are made, and horrifically basic mistakes at that. Who on earth launches a dog's breakfast of a website, then spends a week fixing it up, and still manages to leave off something as important as the place to buy tickets?

Still, as long as AFCW get their £200,000 (and the commercial manager's business gets a few sales) who cares about such piffling details?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Nice website things coming along (Dont expect miracles all at once) and to be honest IMHO opinion for what its worth James Milner seems to be doing a good job in attracting sponsors lets get real here it must be one heck of a job at present with no crowds allowed in and no TV

Paul

On 22/03/2021 at 15:20, Man of Kent said:

The deal is Broncos will pay guaranteed ground rental fees and Wimbledon will also receive commission on matchday income (ie tickets and beverages). So yes, but not all of it.

Ah right thanks for the information MOK. I’d love to see a strong Broncos. 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Nice website things coming along (Dont expect miracles all at once) and to be honest IMHO opinion for what its worth James Milner seems to be doing a good job in attracting sponsors lets get real here it must be one heck of a job at present with no crowds allowed in and no TV

Paul

I'm usually in agreement with you but I still find the website really limited in content, even if it now displays as expected for the most part. Like the previous incarnation, it doesn't seem as if the audience for the site is fans. Instead it's just stuff that James Milner is directly interested in - lotto, sponsors and kit.

But I see from the staff list there is another person in the commercial team. Good. I guess it depends what 'commercial and marketing' covers but I still see no media, sales, community, etc., which is likely why it's not possible to buy a membership or find a link to purchase a future streamed match from the site. Perhaps that is a conscious decision.

44 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm usually in agreement with you but I still find the website really limited in content, even if it now displays as expected for the most part. Like the previous incarnation, it doesn't seem as if the audience for the site is fans. Instead it's just stuff that James Milner is directly interested in - lotto, sponsors and kit.

Broken website, rubbish developers. Broken content, rubbish club.

4 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

But I see from the staff list there is another person in the commercial team. Good. I guess it depends what 'commercial and marketing' covers but I still see no media, sales, community, etc., which is likely why it's not possible to buy a membership or find a link to purchase a future streamed match from the site. Perhaps that is a conscious decision.

Maybe this Izzy Lovell from Rossyn Park RUFC - They will at least  have a club photgrapher for the Team

https://www.instagram.com/isabellelovellsports/?hl=en

However Izzy is listed as "commercial and marketing"

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

9 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Maybe this Izzy Lovell from Rossyn Park RUFC - They will at least  have a club photgrapher for the Team

https://www.instagram.com/isabellelovellsports/?hl=en

However Izzy is listed as "commercial and marketing"

Any relation to club captain and 'not a centre as long as I've got a hole in my backside' Will Lovell ?

On 23/03/2021 at 09:16, Tommygilf said:

Ngl I would take absolutely zero interest in Netball normally but I like to see Leeds Rhinos doing well so I have watched a couple of games this year on TV.

Some lads I work with have started watching that, though I’m not sure how much they’re into the netball itself. 

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Small update on the groundshare. The Dons Trust says planning permission has been sought and is expected by mid-May at the latest.

Is there a link to that because I checked earlier and I can't find it on the Merton portal?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

No. Dons Trust members had an email earlier. The DTB wants permission to host rugby matches at PL regardless of the Broncos. 

The only new planning permission thing I can see relates to a few issues around environmental impact.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It can take some time before planning applications are lodged and registered/uploaded by a council, dude.

The most recent up there regarding Plough Lan Stadium is from the dim and distant date of March 23rd.

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Uh-huh. And what’s the date on the documents submitted?

No idea. I know that the equivalent portal round here has everything on within 24 hours of receipt of payment. It's about the only thing the council do well.

Archived