London Broncos Moving Update

4 minutes ago, Click said:

I mean, you should probably watch the game, or at least the highlights before you criticise what others have actually watched.

I’m criticising people who proclaim the end of the world is nigh after the first game. I don’t need to watch anything to do that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t comment on something I didn’t watch. I’m a general rugby league fan. If I have a team, it’s England.

Will watch games at Plough Lane though, obvs.

This only goes to reinforce my view your only interest in getting Broncos to Wimbledon is for the benefit of Wimbledon as you seemingly have no interest in Broncos. You mock the views of fans who've been following them for years and you can't be arsed paying a fiver to watch them but are happy to comment on performance, etc

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m criticising people who proclaim the end of the world is nigh after the first game. I don’t need to watch anything to do that.

You realise we've played 3 games so far this season right?

2 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

This only goes to reinforce my view your only interest in getting Broncos to Wimbledon is for the benefit of Wimbledon as you seemingly have no interest in Broncos. You mock the views of fans who've been following them for years and you can't be arsed paying a fiver to watch them but are happy to comment on performance, etc

Where have I commented on the performance?

But you’re right, I mock those who call their team inept or L1 standard after one game. 

7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t comment on something I didn’t watch. I’m a general rugby league fan. If I have a team, it’s England.

Will watch games at Plough Lane though, obvs.

Wait a cotton picking minute!

The poster who has spent the past 3 months running around this forum, and others, pumping the tyres on this ridiculous move to Plough Lane, has openly admitted his support for this move is based on his football club needing the money, mocks the opinions of fans who have 25/30/40 years history with the Broncos, and slavishly regurgitates the nonsense being spewed by the Broncos' commercial manager into the ear of David Hughes and the Dons Trust......isn't even a ###### Broncos fan?

You can get stuffed pal!

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

The poster who has spent the past 3 months running around this forum, and others, pumping the tyres on this ridiculous move to Plough Lane, has openly admitted his support for this move is based on his football club needing the money, mocks the opinions of fans who have 25/30/40 years history with the Broncos, and slavishly regurgitates the nonsense being spewed by the Broncos' commercial manager into the ear of David Hughes and the Dons Trust......isn't even a ###### Broncos fan?

You can get stuffed pal!

I mean ... this is hardly brand new information?

But does now mean that we're confirmed that - of the posters on this thread who think this is an amazing move that only a div would have any concerns about - a grand total of 0% are actual London supporters.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

You can get stuffed pal!

Too late now, chief. The vote’s done 😜

I don’t see the need for the doom and gloom after Round 1. London have a decent, full-time squad. They will make the playoffs and then who knows.

I think London are unlikely to go up given the quality of Toulouse’s squad but I would have said the same in 2018 about Toronto.

Maybe Danny Ward can get them to peak in September & October...? He’s done it before. 

I’ll be there at Plough Lane to find out, anyway 😁

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’ll be there at Plough Lane to find out, anyway 😁

Presumably not if Wimbledon are playing away in or near London at the same time?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Sundays, bud. No clash. 

Good to know.

Very concerned that we might breach the three game limit your family imposed but hopefully we'll be able to work around that as well.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I mean ... this is hardly brand new information?

But does now mean that we're confirmed that - of the posters on this thread who think this is an amazing move that only a div would have any concerns about - a grand total of 0% are actual London supporters.

I knew he was, first and foremost, an AFCW fan but more fool me for thinking he was, at least nominally, also a Broncos fan.

Turns out he might, at best, pop along to a couple of games a year. If he's got absolutely nothing else going on that day.

2 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I knew he was, first and foremost, an AFCW fan but more fool me for thinking he was, at least nominally, also a Broncos fan.

Turns out he might, at best, pop along to a couple of games a year. If he's got absolutely nothing else going on that day.

And, to make it relevant to the fantasy land that the Broncos 'management' team and Dons Trust seem to be inhabiting ... he's likely to one of the more rugby-league-committed AFCW fans.

So, remind me, how do we get the figures that we're claiming are within reach?

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

And, to make it relevant to the fantasy land that the Broncos 'management' team and Dons Trust seem to be inhabiting ... he's likely to one of the more rugby-league-committed AFCW fans.

Be fair. It's Plough Lane and not the Broncos that will attract over 2k AFCW fans to pay to attend whenever the ground is opened for any sporting activity whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

something about opportunity and...new stadium and...tumbleweed

Whether we like it or not, M of K is just one of the (type of) people Wimbledon hope to persuade/encourage to attend Bronco's games. Is anyone saying they'd rather he (and his ilk) didn't bother and that they'd prefer them all to stay at home, so the hard-core Bronco's fans can enjoy the games all on their own?

Ok, he's lukewarm on our game, but he has ''some interest'' which is of ''some value'' to the club and the game as a whole. If he brings a mate, or a member of his family along with him who knows where it might lead.

We should think carefully about how we treat people like M of K, if we have any hopes of converting his lukewarm feelings into a passionate heat.

44 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Whether we like it or not, M of K is just one of the (type of) people Wimbledon hope to persuade/encourage to attend Bronco's games. Is anyone saying they'd rather he (and his ilk) didn't bother and that they'd prefer them all to stay at home, so the hard-core Bronco's fans can enjoy the games all on their own?

Ok, he's lukewarm on our game, but he has ''some interest'' which is of ''some value'' to the club and the game as a whole. If he brings a mate, or a member of his family along with him who knows where it might lead.

We should think carefully about how we treat people like M of K, if we have any hopes of converting his lukewarm feelings into a passionate heat.

No, it's not that at all. MoK will always be welcome to attend games, Broncos fans are a friendly bunch. The issue is the way he's been behaving on this thread, belittling long-standing fans and mocking their views, and then finally admitting he has barely a passing interest in the club.

9 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

No, it's not that at all. MoK will always be welcome to attend games, Broncos fans are a friendly bunch. The issue is the way he's been behaving on this thread, belittling long-standing fans and mocking their views, and then finally admitting he has barely a passing interest in the club.

Kent by name Kent by nature?

Once a Kent always a Kent?

Maybe you're right?

11 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant and very rarely stable

(As the Phytons suggested)

Socrates himself is particularly missed..... a lovely little thinker but a bug..ger when he's pi ss ed. 

Over the years I've met maybe  one and a half dozen london broncos fans who started following the club because the Broncos began to play at their stadium. Maybe half this number still follow the club but fewer actually attend games any more. Over the same 20 years or so, I've maybe a hundred who are expat northerners.

The concept of hosts becoming fans is yet another regurgitated marketing falacy that, like moving to a new area because there's a better chance people there will like the game, is flawed.

Other sports have had teams move to new areas and new stadiums with more success and even the original wombles attract 10k. London broncos rock up, stick posts in the ground and expect the fans to flood in and then act surprised when there's nobody watching. It matters little where they play. Without a strategy to build support there's no club without Me Hughes. What a waste of his money the last 2 decades have been.

16 hours ago, nadera78 said:

No, it's not that at all. MoK will always be welcome to attend games, Broncos fans are a friendly bunch. 

Mosy of them. Sadly I've seen people wearing RU related clothing being abused. People have reported on here about Quins RU fans they knew abandoning their RL season tickets due to abuse. I've mentioned a failed attempt to convert a group of friends who were abused for discussing football at half time.

There is a small minority of fans who don't seem to understand that everyone has to watch their first ever game and may well already have loyalties to another sport.

The fans also have their part to play if this move is to generate a new support base. Newcomers need to be welcomed and encouraged, not ridiculed for not having grown up around the sport.

18 hours ago, fighting irish said:

It’s alright, chief, if I’d been a hardcore Broncos fan over the years I might come across like a hate-filled loser too 😉

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s alright, chief, if I’d been a hardcore Broncos fan over the years I might come across like a hate-filled loser too 😉

Oh look, an AFC Wimbledon fan doing his best to make the Broncos feel like a welcome addition to Plough Lane rather than a money making scheme for the debt-ridden football club he supports.

Archived