Tom Holmes

9 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Had to happen with the new coaching setup. You just couldn't have Holmes and Watson together.

Is Paul Moriarty on the staff, and were he and Tom seen anywhere near the Reichenbach Falls recently?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

It's all kicking off. It seems that the club has told Neil Baker and Tim Street that they won't be allowed inside the stadium together.

Has anyone told Bob Holness?* He'll be furious.

#and yes, I'm aware that is an urban myth.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

According to a lot of Fev fans before his signing were announced he must be brought in to sit on the bench or worse. Good signing,always liked the look of him and would have liked him at Fax as cover but no way we can afford that luxury.

Cover? He’s miles better than the halfbacks you’ve got. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Cover? He’s miles better than the halfbacks you’ve got. 

Potential to be injury free, but if i had to pick between Holmes and Chizzy i would pick Chisholme every time .Although it is good to have the pair of them .Ridyard and Holmes were responsible for Briscoes run of scoring tries in succesive matches so its good to have Tom back.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Potential to be injury free, but if i had to pick between Holmes and Chizzy i would pick Chisholme every time .Although it is good to have the pair of them .Ridyard and Holmes were responsible for Briscoes run of scoring tries in succesive matches so its good to have Tom back.

It is good to have Tom back, he won’t just be cover

11 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You've not heard of Oxy's first law of players?

"Any player who 'fax miss out on, or leaves them, isn't really that good"

I think you have had too much Christmas spirit. Im quite fair about my assesments normally, and I thought the bit where I said I thought he were a good player might have given away the fact that I rate him. I always thought he looked pretty good at hooker, now as I mention theres no way we could afford his luxury as a back up and in my opinion we have the best hooker in the Championship and we all saw that Moore looked very comfortable in SL for the Giants. Ive no idea if Holmes was injured or not but the fact they brought Moore in and once in the team he started every game suggests they rated him as well. 

The two halfbacks we have brought in was part of the plan to have them playing together once again so we were never going to risk bringing someone in on decent money that may or not be a starter. But anyway as I did mention I do think he is a good player but no we did not miss out on him. We were offered him long before he were offered around the Championship but it was a non starter straight from the off as Grix was happy with who he had brought in and there were no chance we could afford him.

Archived