Salford fined for failing to fulfil a fixture

9 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

There is the obvious parallel to be drawn here.

Since Salford voted for the end of Toronto they have reneged on millions in debt and been fined for failing to fulfil fixtures. 

Why anyone thought that is an acceptable position for the game to be in is beyond me 

SL should have treated them like their soccer team and not promoted them because they offered nothing commercially, like you told us would happen.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Red Willow said:

This is down to the stupid schedule Salford had, playing all those games in a just a few weeks. I await the fine for Hull KR.

I know how I feel as a Salford fan and it always seems we are more harshly treated than others.

I agree 

Hull KR give up on the season... Toronto got threw out for that even though Hull KR got paid the tv dough and Toronto never.

Leeds refused to go to Catalan and i am not sure what happened with saints.

Is is amazing to me that people who will stand in line for hours, moaning about queing of course, to have a go at the RFL for being stupid & unreasonable will then wave banners like a crusade for rules & regulations.

I'm glad I follow SRD because of the history I have with the club but even more so, and far prouder, because they put player welfare first.

If the RFL feel they've been magnanimous in some way that just shows they're deluded.

Whatever they say it just doesn't Addy up!🖕🏾

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

28 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

How about the welfare of the businesses that they didn’t pay? Many of whom were probably local and ran by local people. Don’t they matter? 

The thread is about the punsihment for not playing and given this tendency to bring up the past you forgot Salford joined the NU a year late!

A Levi on breathing next, "rules are rules"

I read somewhere that Salford had played more games than any other team, if that is the case I find the fine to be a tad unfair given the RFL are all for preaching about player welfare but we have seen things like this and Champ teams turning up and being allowed to play with14 players. Its player welfare when it suits.

The good thing is that if Salford do manage to find the cash its a little bit more money towards the repair of Odsal.

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I read somewhere that Salford had played more games than any other team, if that is the case I find the fine to be a tad unfair given the RFL are all for preaching about player welfare but we have seen things like this and Champ teams turning up and being allowed to play with14 players. Its player welfare when it suits.

The good thing is that if Salford do manage to find the cash its a little bit more money towards the repair of Odsal.

Yes but isn't the sudden support for the RFL on these very pages one for the book?

11 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Catalans away. They decided, unilaterally, that they were not going to play the game

Different situation, start of the pandemic and the league was  postponed a few days later. Leeds had players with covid symptoms, they did not un fulfil a fixture due to lack of players or lack of will to find players .

think Leeds to remarkably well to play has many fixtures as they did, utilising  Academy and loan players. Salford did not have the will to do this. 

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Yes, of course, something that happened in September 2020 is directly comparable with something that happened in 1896. If you don’t want to answer the question, don’t. 

You keep bringing up the past as  irrelevant questions!

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

The point is that how long did the Toronto thread last? 400 pages? Full of outrage about unpaid monies. And yet, if you’re one of the gang, the same people crying foul turn a blind eye. But carry on, poor old Salford, always being unfairly picked on

If I was I'd bring up other things.

Just now, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Did HKR not have a covid outbreak in the squad and subsequently had to miss the following two weeks, which happened to contain the final two fixtures?

The point is that all the fixtures had very good reasons why they were not played this season.

But some people continue to insist rules are more important than players!

Added to the fact that missing the Wolves game gave them an outside chance of two points against us.

19 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Different situation, start of the pandemic and the league was  postponed a few days later. Leeds had players with covid symptoms, they did not un fulfil a fixture due to lack of players or lack of will to find players .

think Leeds to remarkably well to play has many fixtures as they did, utilising  Academy and loan players. Salford did not have the will to do this. 

Ashall-Bott by any chance?

41 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The point is that all the fixtures had very good reasons why they were not played this season.

But some people continue to insist rules are more important than players!

Added to the fact that missing the Wolves game gave them an outside chance of two points against us.

That isn't true. 

There were processes in place for cancelling games. They were all around covid outbreaks. Salford didn't cancel due to Covid, everyone else did. 

That is the difference here. 

Literally every other cancellation was directly due to Covid outbreaks, lockdowns etc. 

Many teams played severely weakened teams to keep the show on the road, in fact the earlier Wire v Salford game saw Wire play a 2nd string side. Salford decided they didn't want to play, nothing to do with covid. 

43 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Given that HKR, Leeds and most controversially Saints simply couldn’t be bothered to play inconvenient matches - with in the last case huge implications for the integrity of the competition - this is a ridiculous sanction. 

They cancelled games due to Covid - as did your team. 

Just now, Dave T said:

That isn't true. 

There were processes in place for cancelling games. They were all around covid outbreaks. Salford didn't cancel due to Covid, everyone else did. 

That is the difference here. 

Literally every other cancellation was directly due to Covid outbreaks, lockdowns etc. 

Many teams played severely weakened teams to keep the show on the road, in fact the earlier Wire v Salford game saw Wire play a 2nd string side. Salford decided they didn't want to play, nothing to do with covid. 

Dave you're just miffed cos it was the only way you would win!

17 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

Well, if anything was proven this year, this wasnt really the case. 

Leeds didnt fulfil a fixture, Salford didnt fulfil their fixtures, Hull KR unilaterally decided to end their season, Toronto did the same. 

Yep. I was trying to point out the flaw of rules is rules applying to the 2020 season

56 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep. I was trying to point out the flaw of rules is rules applying to the 2020 season

"Now I think I know
What you tried to say to me
And how you suffered for your sanity
And how you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they're not listening still
Perhaps they never will"

But some people continue to insist rules are more important than people!

I think the Fans are taking bets on SRD forums good odds on
1) What the next punishment will be for
2) Which poster on here will volunteer to be on the Jury

Professor DaveT on't bench 

image.png

On 18/12/2020 at 17:30, Spidey said:

Yep injuries were cited. A good cup run hampered Salford trying to fit their games in

Then the league change the league format when other clubs cited issues (eg Saints going to Catalans, Hull KR Saying they wouldn’t complete the season)

Yep they broke the rule, but was exceptional circumstances

I agree ... it's is cheeseparing from some commentators to criticise Salford.  There is no parallel or TWP in my opinion.

I think the league have been harsh.

Archived