Sky Sports halves offer for TV rights

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

The one big advantage that RL currently has over RU is that clubs can sign players to professional contracts a year sooner. Players wants to play in professional systems as early as possible and it makes a huge difference. Fanciful notions of drafts at 18 or 20 and making players stay at amateur clubs negates that.

No it doesnt. This again is another completely invented problem. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Damien said:

You really do seem to know little about this. Just stick to your strawman arguments.

You are just inventing things in your head and arguing against them then getting grumpy when someone points out these things dont exist. Its odd to see. 

Why would a draft based on central contracts mean we had to delay the signing of professional terms? wouldnt it be, kind of necessary, for a process involving central contracts to, kind of, sign players to contracts. Centrally?

3 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

You are just inventing things in your head and arguing against them. Its odd to see. 

Why would a draft mean based on central contracts mean we had to delay the signing of professional terms? wouldnt it be, kind of necessary, for a process involving central contracts to, kind of, sign players to contracts. Centrally?

You said 18. Gubrats said 20. Are you yet again going backtrack on what you said?

2 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

Hanley is 18. In a draft system this is the year he would be drafted. He has played a total of 1 SL game that he wouldnt have played in a normal year. Everything that has been done at academy and scholarship level could be repeated cheaper, better and for more players if done centrally. 

Here you go. You backtrack that much I know you find it hard to remember what you've said.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

You said 18. Gubrats said 20. Are you yet again going back on what you said?

I said they would be drafted at 18, but that doesnt mean that is when they would sign their first terms. 

If the draft system was predicated on central contracts then those contracts could be signed at any time before. 

Just now, Scotchy1 said:

I said they would be drafted at 18, but that doesnt mean that is when they would sign terms. 

If the draft system was predicated on central contracts then those contracts could be signed at any time before. 

So who trains them from 16-18?

Just now, Scotchy1 said:

The scholarship and academy aspects would be taken on centrally. In my opinion the best way of doing that would be through community clubs acting as local centres of excellence

So staying at an amateur club. Its funny how you have a hissy fit then just prove what you disagreed with.

I'm out, I really have better things to do than engage in circular arguments with someone who has to have the last word and who will always argue black is white.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

So staying at an amateur club. Its funny how you have a hissy fit then just prove what you disagreed with.

I'm out, I really have better things to do than engage in circular arguments with someone who has to have the last word and who will always argue black is white.

Honestly your comprehension skills are appalling. 

Not at amatuer clubs, at local centres of excellence. Where you could sign professional forms at the same time as now. You remember, the functions of scholarship and academy rugby aren't disappearing. Just being provided by someone else.

I have no idea why you have spent two pages arguing against a ban on players signing pro terms before they are 18 or 20 when that hasn't been suggested.

3 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

Honestly your comprehension skills are appalling. 

Not at amatuer clubs, at local centres of excellence. Where you could sign professional forms at the same time as now. You remember, the functions of scholarship and academy rugby aren't disappearing. Just being provided by someone else.

I have no idea why you have spent two pages arguing against a ban on players signing pro terms before they are 18 or 20 when that hasn't been suggested.

Wow, do you think this thread is just about you and your views and everyone is replying to you? Very odd and sad but speaks volumes about you.

I wasn't even replying to you when you quoted me on the last page. You quoted me. Then we just get more of your obtuse, repetitive drivel.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Wow, do you think this thread is just about you and your views and everyone is replying to you? Very odd and sad but speaks volumes about you.

I wasn't even replying to you when you quoted me on the last page. You quoted me. Then we just get more of your obtuse, repetitive drivel.

You've quoted me, multiple times, making the same invented problems which are things only you have suggested and then argued against.

There are only so many different ways for me to say to you I'm not suggesting we delay signing players to pro terms. There's nothing obtuse about it. I really couldn't be more explicit.

17 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

You've quoted me, multiple times, making the same invented problems which are things only you have suggested and then argued against.

There are only so many different ways for me to say to you I'm not suggesting we delay signing players to pro terms. There's nothing obtuse about it. I really couldn't be more explicit.

Anyone can look at the last page and see who initially quoted who.

Followed by more repetitive strawman babble. Its almost like you can't help yourself. You need help.

Anything for the last word. I'm out.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

If the point of this is to have a ' draft ' , then surely nobody could sign anybody until the actual ' draft ' , at which point the players would join their club ?

The best time for this would be age 20+ 

No individual club could, but the rfl/central administrator could

Archived