2021 championship schedule announced

Batley Bob

i can also remember not knowing anyone affected with this virus, now i have a couple of old mates and their other halfs in a bad way with it, and the old lad next door as passed with it, a lot of folks suffering because a those off to ski slopes or packed into christmas markets past few weeks,brace yerselves for just after new years partys.šŸ˜°

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who's seen the Love RL piece on FB with club representatives; which is us as there's no new home strip, so do we now have a new away strip or is our man in last years and who is it? I can't pick it out.

On 28/12/2020 at 18:12, phildog said:

Ā Also Mutt Hancock needs to stop going on TV and swearing ALLĀ the figures are shooting through the roof. Ā I don't want to use our page as a political football but just to say that ofĀ a UK population of 66 million, the death rate works out at 1 in around 1200...hardly monumental.

We are now at a 1 in 750 death rate (and rising ) - is that still classed asĀ  "hardly monumental ??Ā 

Looks like "Mutt Hancock" was right and youĀ  were so wrong ! Your opinion that 1 in 1200 was "hardly monumental" sounded like something a certain American Gentleman would say !!

There is no way that our game should be considering a start until this scourge has reduced to manageable figures ! Ask all the 85000 bereaved families and I reckon that you will see that Rugby League is not really of significance in the general scheme of things ! The game will start again but not just yet . There are other priorities in life and obviously COVID is one of them !

Is it right that all the sports are continuing Joe Public (and of course Jane Public) cannot be within 2 metres of each other, Retailers are going under. Ordinary people are making massive sacrifices but Footballers, Rugby League/Union players, Cricketers, Tennis players, Grand Prix are allowed to get together in very close contact.

Just take Football, 22 players on the field, not sure but think you are allowed 8 subs per side, match officials on or off the pitch, manager/coaching staff, backroom staff, press, groundstaff, radio/tv commentators, cameramen (camera women), technicians and general staff.

If Ā the same number of Joe/Jane PublicĀ were seen together in Oakwell Hall they would be fined.Ā 

All sport should be shut down until the Covid Pandemic is sorted.

Ā 

Ā 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Ā 

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

Is it right that all the sports are continuing Joe Public (and of course Jane Public) cannot be within 2 metres of each other, Retailers are going under. Ordinary people are making massive sacrifices but Footballers, Rugby League/Union players, Cricketers, Tennis players, Grand Prix are allowed to get together in very close contact.

Just take Football, 22 players on the field, not sure but think you are allowed 8 subs per side, match officials on or off the pitch, manager/coaching staff, backroom staff, press, groundstaff, radio/tv commentators, cameramen (camera women), technicians and general staff.

If Ā the same number of Joe/Jane PublicĀ were seen together in Oakwell Hall they would be fined.Ā 

All sport should be shut down until the Covid Pandemic is sorted.

When the Bundesliga restarted last May, they estimated that ca200 people were needed in the stadium for each (televised) game.

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

When the Bundesliga restarted last May, they estimated that ca200 people were needed in the stadium for each (televised) game.

But for super league games last year played 80-100Ā folk max were in the stadium during games..Ā 

football has more staff I know etcĀ 

Just announced that all amateur football is about to be stopped again and they're discussing whether or not to cancel the entire 20/21 season already. Afraid there'll be a knock-on (pardon the pun!) effect with Championship rugby. I know we have an official date for training but there's more to come I reckon.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Just announced that all amateur football is about to be stopped again and they're discussing whether or not to cancel the entire 20/21 season already. Afraid there'll be a knock-on (pardon the pun!) effect with Championship rugby. I know we have an official date for training but there's more to come I reckon.

If we don't play this year we'll go to amateurĀ 

On 16/01/2021 at 14:48, Keep The Faith said:

If we don't play this year we'll go to amateurĀ 

What would you do with the ground?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, RogerT said:

Seems like your well in the know KTF.

I didn't mean batley i meant the game in general outside SLĀ 

no money coming in clubs will not surviveĀ 

players staying at home and not playing and not ready for contract it soon will be 12 months without a gameĀ 

On 17/01/2021 at 18:26, redditchbulldog said:

what makes you say that, most clubs survived 2nd world war nigh on 5 yrs with no brass and players not playing except for a select few

Competitions went on almost throughout WW2 with only a limited break. It was regarded as good for morale.

One HW club even won the league.Ā Ā šŸ˜‰

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived