Wakefield Trinity plans submision

8 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haha, oh mercy, good one 👍

So go on the portal and help bring it about.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

How do you think us Wakey fans feel!?

We'll believe it when we see it, but we can't do nothing at this stage, then complain later if it doesn't materialise.

Mate I hold nothing against Wakie fans, or any fans really (except most Melbourne Storm, Brisbane Broncos, Penrith Panthers and... well ok, I do hold bad feeling about a few, but not Wakie) and I wish I could get excited about a thread like this rather than burst into fits of laughter.

I feel your pain though. Shark Park is probably the biggest dump in the NRL.

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but where's the money coming from? I hope that Cas and Fev fans who are WMDC council tax payers are not expected to help in any way unless similar help is reciprocated toward the other two clubs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Slater said:

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but where's the money coming from? I hope that Cas and Fev fans who are WMDC council tax payers are not expected to help in any way unless similar help is reciprocated toward the other two clubs?

No, the developer of the Newmarket industrial site provides the funds, as part of the deal releasing the land set-aside for the "new" ground, along with funding streams sourced by the club.

The council have underwritten the loan used to buy the ground - the club do, and are, paying that themselves of course.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Whilst I get what you're eluding to, that's not really how it works and I think you know that. 

28 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Couple of lines from press release 23rd November:

The cost of the works will be funded by a significant contribution from Newmarket Lane Ltd, a joint venture between Yorkcourt Developments and Henry Boot Plc, via a S106 contribution and other private funds facilitated by the Club’s shareholders.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

51 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Yes you did and it was just as boring and petty the first time. How many times does this need to be explained, there has NEVER been any Council money available, not now, not ever!

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We can all play our own small part in helping Wakefield get this over the line! 

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2021/01/04/support-our-planning-submission/

This link is in the above article but for those who just want to go straight to adding support you can do so here: https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00

Done, thanks

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

As of writing, 1630 comments in support and 8 against. 

Actually, some of those "objects" are "supports" - they clicked the wrong button unbelievably (comments are in support).

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dboy said:

Actually, some of those "objects" are "supports" - they clicked the wrong button unbelievably (comments are in support).

DoubleD "laughed" at that post for some weird reason, so just for him:

(Objects)
Comment submitted date: Tue 05 Jan 2021
about time!

(Objects)
Comment submitted date: Mon 04 Jan 2021
The city of Wakefield needs a community stadium at the heart of the city. This can be used and develop in the area and promote health and well-being

(Objects)
Fully support

And then there are some really strange trolls.

I can't believe a Trinity fan has written this, so it suggests a rival "fan" is so desperately insular, that they will take time out to derail the club's efforts...then, if it fails, they will be on here telling everyone how unfit for purpose BV is.

"The ground we have is big enough, we haven't reached capacity in years and it would cost the club to build a bigger ground when we can't even fill the small one we have now. Plus our ground is few left of the classic grounds that we saw decades ago, and it would be a real shame to see that charm go."

Edited by dboy
spelling

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m willing to stake good money on Wakefield not building the stadium, they will point the finger of blame at Covid. In 2022 more plans will be released, nothing will happen, then a new excuse. I genuinely hope I am wrong, the stadium is not fit for Championship rugby never mind Super League.

If it fails, it won't be covid, it will be the developer ducking their obligations again (though THEY may blame covid).

John Minards has been very clear - planning wouldn't have gone in until they had everything in place, including funding streams - we wait and see.

Build is scheduled for end of season.

58 minutes ago, dboy said:

DoubleD "laughed" at that post for some weird reason, so just for him:

(Objects)
Comment submitted date: Tue 05 Jan 2021
about time!

(Objects)
The city of Wakefield needs a community stadium at the heart of the city. This can be used and develop in the area and promote health and well-being

(Objects)
Fully support

I laughed at the fact that some people are so dumb that they fail to understand the difference between ‘objects’ and ‘supports’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

And then there are some really strange trolls.

I can't believe a Trinity fan has written this, so it suggests a rival "fan" is so desperately insular, that they will take time out to derail the club's efforts...then, if it fails, they will be on here telling everyone how unfit for purpose BV is.

"The ground we have is big enough, we haven't reached capacity in years and it would cost the club to build a bigger ground when we can't even fill the small one we have now. Plus our ground is few left of the classic grounds that we saw decades ago, and it would be a real shame to see that charm go."

I’m guessing that comment came from former Cas Tiggers Chairman Richard Wright.

He’s got form for doing stuff like this!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Two storey stand with only 2,500 seating capacity in it?

I'll assume you're not trolling and I'll explain. 

That's because this is a community stadium project. The actual stand is quite large but much of it is taken up with extra facilities, mainly for community/business use. Wakefield are not actually short of capacity, we are short of facilities, especially facilities that will increase revenue. 

The other part of phase 1 will see the North stand fully re-terraced giving a covered standing area of over 3,500 which most UK supporters prefer, even these days.

Once this is done the large area at the southern end can be re-developed to add approx. 1,500 seats and a tier of executive boxes and other corporate goodies. Then finally a re-developed West terrace will be built holding approx. 3000 standing, maybe 4,000 at a pinch.

Total: 4,000 seats and 6,500 standing - total 11,500. That is enough for most SL clubs and probably always will be, assuming you live in the real world.

The new stand isn't actually a two tier stand, it's a single tier accessed from two levels. Like all modern stands there is a capacity to ad an extra tier if needed but in truth it wouldn't be cost effective.

To my mind that seating /standing split in the near perfect RL watching formula and as such BV will go from being one of the least popular grounds in SL to one of the most liked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I'll assume you're not trolling and I'll explain. 

That's because this is a community stadium project. The actual stand is quite large but much of it is taken up with extra facilities, mainly for community/business use. Wakefield are not actually short of capacity, we are short of facilities, especially facilities that will increase revenue. 

The other part of phase 1 will see the North stand fully re-terraced giving a covered standing area of over 3,500 which most UK supporters prefer, even these days.

Once this is done the large area at the southern end can be re-developed to add approx. 1,500 seats and a tier of executive boxes and other corporate goodies. Then finally a re-developed West terrace will be built holding approx. 3000 standing, maybe 4,000 at a pinch.

Total: 4,000 seats and 6,500 standing - total 11,500. That is enough for most SL clubs and probably always will be, assuming you live in the real world.

The new stand isn't actually a two tier stand, it's a single tier accessed from two levels. Like all modern stands there is a capacity to ad an extra tier if needed but in truth it wouldn't be cost effective.

To my mind that seating /standing split in the near perfect RL watching formula and as such BV will go from being one of the least popular grounds in SL to one of the most liked.

Never trolling. Just seemed a low capacity to me for a new stand. Thanks for the explanation.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

41 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Never trolling. Just seemed a low capacity to me for a new stand. Thanks for the explanation.

It is, though it's double what we have now! 

It has to be viewed as a phased development. The priority is to drag the grounds facilities into the new millennium before anything else. I don't know if you've been to BV but the grounds current HUB is the 'Rollin Shack' that used to be the Cats Bar/Clubhouse, along with the Boxes at the Southern end. The 'Rollin Shack' was built in the early '80s and was considered inadequate even then, not as good as some amature clubs, especially where player facilities are concerned. Should the development happen It will now become primarily a community fitness centre/cafe and changing rooms for those who will privately hire the pitch. With this, the Executive boxes and bars and the new East stand it will dramatically improve the matchday experience that we can offer.

It's worth noting that although the boxes or flats as we call them are ugly and 20 years old they do still offer a decent matchday experience when used for what they were intended (corporate clients).

Better capacity and unfortunately better facilities for away fans will have to wait, sorry about that but there simply isn't enough funding yet for that at present.

• Like 1