Wakefield Trinity plans submision

On 06/01/2021 at 15:45, dboy said:

No, the developer of the Newmarket industrial site provides the funds, as part of the deal releasing the land set-aside for the "new" ground, along with funding streams sourced by the club.

The council have underwritten the loan used to buy the ground - the club do, and are, paying that themselves of course.

The Council haven't underwritten the loan, they are the loan providers.

36 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Council haven't underwritten the loan, they are the loan providers.

Neither you nor I have seen the detail.

You are being semantic at best.

Either WMDC have taken a £3m loan on behalf of WTRLFC, under which the club are directly responsible for paying, including interest, or WMDC have underwritten a local govt loan, that WTRLFCs have accessed, which the club pay directly, including interest.

Either way, the result is the same - there is no cost or risk to the taxpayers of WMDC.

The land is the asset for security of the loan.

Edited by dboy
  • Confused 1

I was quite surprised with the "artists impression" of the new ground, that the cars in the car park had wheels, surely by the time its built we will have flying cars, hoverboards.. And teleportation pods to travel to away games 🤔🤔

Wakefield wildcats promising what their backside can't deliver since 1998

And yes Castleford are no better🤔🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Neither you nor I have seen the detail.

You are being semantic at best.

Either WMDC have taken a £3m loan on behalf of WTRLFC, under which the club are directly responsible for paying, including interest, or WMDC have underwritten a local govt loan, that WTRLFCs have accessed, which the club pay directly, including interest.

Either way, the result is the same - there is no cost or risk to the taxpayers of WMDC.

The land is the asset for security of the loan.

Whatever, but the 'loan' is for £3.15m on an asset worth £1.7m (from the Council's own internal papers). No risk to the council tax payers of the district, really?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’m willing to stake good money on Wakefield not building the stadium, they will point the finger of blame at Covid. In 2022 more plans will be released, nothing will happen, then a new excuse. I genuinely hope I am wrong, the stadium is not fit for Championship rugby never mind Super League.

They have been promising a new ground for over 20 years. f it was going to happen it would have happened years ago, 20 years ago

You and i know and so do a vast majority of Rugby League fans that it not going to happen anytime soon. They possibly heard a rumour about a new criteria coming to Super League and are trying to buy time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

It will happen when the funding permits, like all other stadia development. If it doesnt, then it's because the developer at NM has reneged again. 

So why has it taken over 20 years so far when they promised the RFL they would have a new stadium when they got back into Super league?

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So why did they make that promise to the RFL over 20 years ago, knowing full well they didn't have any funding?

They didn't.

Urban myth.

They did say they would play TV games at Oakwell, which they did...well, one game, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Whatever, but the 'loan' is for £3.15m on an asset worth £1.7m (from the Council's own internal papers). No risk to the council tax payers of the district, really?

The National Crime Agency believe the land is worth circa £2.5m.

The amount seized form Manni H was £500k - that's the amount they deemed to be the difference between what it's worth and what he charged for it.

John Minards and Michael Carter covered it in a fans zoom meeting recently. With fees, costs, appreciation, they were very comfortable with what the club ultimately ended up paying.

And of course, the value of anything, is whatever someone will pay for it.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Good to see the support from Rugby League fans for the redevelopment of Belle Vue.  

The Rugby League Family 

Up the Trin 

Absolutely agree (but there's 1 or 2 who just burn with bitterness, isn't there?).

Whatever happens, you cannot fault the club, under Carter & Minards, for their efforts in trying to get this over the line.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dboy said:

Absolutely agree (but there's 1 or 2 who just burn with bitterness, isn't there?).

Whatever happens, you cannot fault the club, under Carter & Minards, for their efforts in trying to get this over the line.

I know it’s become sort of fashionable to bag the Belle Vue slum but the reality is that it’s not the fault of Wakeys fans, who themselves know things have to improve, and the board have seemed to try their best to address the issue, unfortunately not everyone has supportive councils and friendly developers with a major supermarket chain ready to wave the magic wand. I really, really hope that this time you can get things done, you fans deserve it!

• Like 3

Can we all not support what Trinity appear to be trying to do now.

The time to criticise,would be if it all turned out to be false promises and lies. In which case,I would be the first to say good bye to them.

From what I know Carter genuinely appears to be a sound businessman,who is doing his absolute best for Wakefield and rugby league. I suspect he knows that if he and Wakefield do nothing,their medium term future is bleak. I wish him well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cookey said:

Can we all not support what Trinity appear to be trying to do now.

The time to criticise,would be if it all turned out to be false promises and lies. In which case,I would be the first to say good bye to them.

From what I know Carter genuinely appears to be a sound businessman,who is doing his absolute best for Wakefield and rugby league. I suspect he knows that if he and Wakefield do nothing,their medium term future is bleak. I wish him well.

False promises for 20 years Cookey

18 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Oh do shut up you sad little bore.

You've had 20 years of the same old stadium cobblers.

Getting all precious because some of us find yet more drawings rather amusing..... 🤣🤣🤣

Its life mate.... if Trin hadn't been so comical over the last two decades we probably wouldn't be sniggering. 

Do you not see where the scepticism is coming from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldbear said:

I know it’s become sort of fashionable to bag the Belle Vue slum but the reality is that it’s not the fault of Wakeys fans, who themselves know things have to improve, and the board have seemed to try their best to address the issue, unfortunately not everyone has supportive councils and friendly developers with a major supermarket chain ready to wave the magic wand. I really, really hope that this time you can get things done, you fans deserve it!

This is true.  Unless Wakey can print money (or Carter smuggle in blood diamonds up his backside) then no stadium can be built without investment.     And generally investment has to be paid for out of the profit from that investment.   I really have not followed the details, but can Trinity pay back the loans? 

(having said that, we are just looking at rebuilding 1 stand at the end of the day)

If the East side is redeveloped then the terracing behind the sticks is just about fit for purpose.But the other two sides of the ground are a disgrace at present.To make the ground something like a modern stadium would cost  8 to 10 million pounds.Lets face it Cas new stadium has little chance of being built so i think the best proposition would be a shared stadium in the Normanton/Altofts area with facilities for sport and education built in to give almost continous use.