Wakefield Trinity plans submision

2 hours ago, OMEGA said:

The popular urban myth that Wakefield promised a new stadium is just that, a myth it is untrue, a falsehood often quoted by so called fans of the game who are ignorant of the facts.

You see this is what I don’t understand about the comments made by some of the games so called fans. If we are being realistic here what would Wakefield have to gain by even wanting to remain in a sub standard stadium given that

1. It will cost a fortune to keep meeting minimum safety standards

2. The current facilities make it difficult to grow the fan base

3. The current facilities may hurt sponsorship opportunities as corporate clients seek to entertain in better stadia

4. The current facilities make it hard to attract new players.

Given all that I’m pretty sure the club themselves really want a better ground, but again with no Tesco or other supermarket riding to the rescue and no cheap council land with unblocked planning permission then I’m not sure what other alternatives were open to them apart from what they are trying. Building new facilities without some major outside help is nearly impossible, it does make what Fev has done an even more impressive achievement but that was on the back of some great volunteers, not every club is so lucky.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Wakefield Trinity won the Championship Grand Final which was the culmination of a play off tournament whose stated goal was that the winner would gain a Super League place.

How then did Wakefield “hoodwink” the RFL?

For the record Wakefield Trinity also won the League Leaders Shield that year and were clearly the best team outside SL and possibly already better than a couple of clubs already in SL.

The popular urban myth that Wakefield promised a new stadium is just that, a myth it is untrue, a falsehood often quoted by so called fans of the game who are ignorant of the facts.

We were all told in 1998 to up grade our grounds, Fev did but Wakefield spent it on players, they won the GF and promised to do ground so they could stay in SL, the rest is history. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

We were all told in 1998 to up grade our grounds, Fev did but Wakefield spent it on players, they won the GF and promised to do ground so they could stay in SL, the rest is history. 

I also seem to recall it was one of the pushes for Salford to leave the Willows too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Trinity have been looking to upgrade/replace facilities since way way before Super League was even a tickle in Maurice Lindsay's loins.  Omission from the initial Super League set up and two years of failure to get promotion never stopped this background activity.  Salford, Hull and then Wakefield all entered Super League thanks to results on the pitch.

The specific subsequent requests from Super League, to Wakefield were, some ground safety improvements, provision of suitable corporate/hospitality facilities and pick a stupid name.  All three conditions were met.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Trinity have been looking to upgrade/replace facilities since way way before Super League was even a tickle in Maurice Lindsay's loins.  Omission from the initial Super League set up and two years of failure to get promotion never stopped this background activity.  Salford, Hull and then Wakefield all entered Super League thanks to results on the pitch.

The specific subsequent requests from Super League, to Wakefield were, some ground safety improvements, provision of suitable corporate/hospitality facilities and pick a stupid name.  All three conditions were met.

Must have a huge collection of artists impressions.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 18:39, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Whatever, but the 'loan' is for £3.15m on an asset worth £1.7m (from the Council's own internal papers). No risk to the council tax payers of the district, really?

Wrong, 1.7 million was the worth of the ground when sold by the BOI, the car park was owned by a different company. Both were sold to us together. Yes we did pay £3.15 m but not for an asset worth £1.7 but for one worth nearer £2.7 million. So yes over the odds but not by the margin you are trying to fabricate.

• Like 2

On 08/01/2021 at 09:34, The Future is League said:

It's not going to happen any time soon. You know i know it and so do a vast majority of Rugby League fans. 

No they don't, only plebs like you claim to know the inner workings of Ltd companies and a Metropolitan District Council. Even for a troll you're pathetic.

Do I know if it will happen? No I don't but I don't know it wont either. As I say, only a know nothing keyboard warrior would make such a ludicrous claim, either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kirmonds Pouch calm down, you'll blow a stanchion. Wakefield have previous. Whether you say they haven't carries no weight at all.

When they won the Grand Final in '97 right up until today, a new ground has always been their target. Now Wakefield are not the only club

with false promises. You can go into how unfortunate they've been with applications and failed backers. But 24 years and still unsure of whether it will happen. Then you put the tin hat on it by saying what Wakefield Council paid is only £400,000 over todays value.

You Sir are a pure comedian. Topped off by your keyboard warrior jibe. UNBELIEVABLE. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No they don't, only plebs like you claim to know the inner workings of Ltd companies and a Metropolitan District Council. Even for a troll you're pathetic.

Do I know if it will happen? No I don't but I don't know it wont either. As I say, only a know nothing keyboard warrior would make such a ludicrous claim, either way.

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Is that even a question, seriously are you five years old?

The truth is obviously hurting you.

Wakey have got wind of a new criteria coming to Super League and by coming up with a few sketches they hope to prolong their Super League existence, but too many false dawns in the past about a new ground or a refurbished Belle Vue is coming back to bite you. Like the cat you have used up your 9 lives

Trolling the trolls!  FFS!

It's Tom Briscoe is 💩 all over again. 🙄

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Wrong, 1.7 million was the worth of the ground when sold by the BOI, the car park was owned by a different company. Both were sold to us together. Yes we did pay £3.15 m but not for an asset worth £1.7 but for one worth nearer £2.7 million. So yes over the odds but not by the margin you are trying to fabricate.

Technically at the time you purchased it the market value was £3.15m as evidenced by the purchase price

• Like 2

I hope this does come off for the club, but even with this build Belle Vue still would struggle to be one of the top 20 RL grounds in the 3 tiers of RL. That's pretty bad for a SL club.

However it isn't their fault - their only crime was perhaps making some ill-advised announcements on plans when they didn't really have anything concrete.

After all, some of the strongest clubs in the NRL play in absolute dumps - Manly and the Wests Tigers for starters. It doesn't make them bad clubs.

Edited by goldcoaster
  • Like 2

Neutral and opposition supporters once smiled, shrugged their shoulders and simply got on with the challenge of a day out at Wakefield.

After all there was a growing pile of propaganda that 'The Wildcats' (stop sniggering at the back) would soon be building the Rugby League version of The Etihad Stadium. All would be good the season after next.

The sorry saga has been dragging on longer than Coronation Street.

It's not going to happen, it never was gonna happen. Coach fulls of visiting fans will be straining their necks and grimacing at the Olde World matchday experience until Super League say enough is enough and the farce has got to end.

My apology for stating what the majority of Rugby League admirers think (and certainly those of us who've suffered the place in person), it's a dump and an embarrassment to the core value objectives Super League aspires to, especially the in house code of continual improvement.

Wakefield supporters and all who intend to visit as neutrals or opposition deserve far, far better.

Get on with it 👍🏉

• Like 3

On 15/01/2021 at 08:10, Ramon Rojo said:

Neutral and opposition supporters once smiled, shrugged their shoulders and simply got on with the challenge of a day out at Wakefield.

After all there was a growing pile of propaganda that 'The Wildcats' (stop sniggering at the back) would soon be building the Rugby League version of The Etihad Stadium. All would be good the season after next.

The sorry saga has been dragging on longer than Coronation Street.

It's not going to happen, it never was gonna happen. Coach fulls of visiting fans will be straining their necks and grimacing at the Olde World matchday experience until Super League say enough is enough and the farce has got to end.

My apology for stating what the majority of Rugby League admirers think (and certainly those of us who've suffered the place in person), it's a dump and an embarrassment to the core value objectives Super League aspires to, especially the in house code of continual improvement.

Wakefield supporters and all who intend to visit as neutrals or opposition deserve far, far better.

Get on with it 👍🏉

Just had a facetime conversation with my mate.... all family trinity fans and all pizzin themselves at this.... they say more or less exactly the same as you adding ...

"Yeah.... everytime licencing criteria surfaces we get Dave from Lupset to do a drawing. We get to stay in superleague while you lot with your DIY stadium get to stay in the sludge. Know your place underling"!!!! 

I decline to.post my response!!🤣

Edited by Robin Evans

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Just had a facetime conversation with my mate.... all family trinity fans and all pizzin themselves at this.... they say more or less exactly the same as you adding ...

"Yeah.... everytime licencing criteria surfaces we get Dave from Lupset to do a drawing. We get to stay in superleague while you lot with your DIY stadium get to stay in the sludge. Know your place underling"!!!! 

I decline to.post my response!!🤣

DIY stadium ? Anyone can do theirs apart from them lol  !!!! 

• Like 1

The developer who ripped us off and the people of Wakefield by getting planning permission for a iceberg by promising to build community facilities and stadium for the people of Wakefield have just put a planning application in for numerous warehouse units where they were supposed to be building us a stadium. It’s not a coincidence that the club have announced that company would be putting in a large contribution towards developing our stadium whilst trying to get the council to pass planning for I presume their multi million plans, I just pray it all comes off!

• Like 3
f3gms4.jpg

On 08/01/2021 at 10:30, sentoffagain2 said:

If the East side is redeveloped then the terracing behind the sticks is just about fit for purpose.But the other two sides of the ground are a disgrace at present.To make the ground something like a modern stadium would cost  8 to 10 million pounds.Lets face it Cas new stadium has little chance of being built so i think the best proposition would be a shared stadium in the Normanton/Altofts area with facilities for sport and education built in to give almost continous use.

Sorry they have been there and tried that on the old pit site at Sharlston let down by the Council again.

On 08/01/2021 at 09:35, The Future is League said:

False promises for 20 years Cookey

No false promises you just believe what you want to believe forget about all the planning applications and promises by developers and the Council

16 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

The developer who ripped us off and the people of Wakefield by getting planning permission for a iceberg by promising to build community facilities and stadium for the people of Wakefield have just put a planning application in for numerous warehouse units where they were supposed to be building us a stadium. It’s not a coincidence that the club have announced that company would be putting in a large contribution towards developing our stadium whilst trying to get the council to pass planning for I presume their multi million plans, I just pray it all comes off!

Yep and then its the small matter of that outfit parting with the funds once all planning is approved, we all know what happened last time and the local community is left with that massive eyesore in their back yard.

5 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Sorry they have been there and tried that on the old pit site at Sharlston let down by the Council again.

No false promises you just believe what you want to believe forget about all the planning applications and promises by developers and the Council

For over 20 years, no.Nobody can be that unlucky and i maintain they are doing what they are doing at the moment is that they have heard rumours of a new criteria for Super League and are trying to buy time.