Wakefield Trinity plans submision

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

True, I think put earlier in this thread that I hope the plans for the new East stand incorporate future development by potentially allowing more space to be created on the western side for example.

I was under the impression (perhaps from my own imagination) that the Southern corporate bit would be coming down as the East stand would have facilities to supercede it?

The east stand has restaurant and I believe the hospitality isn't a box as I think the view these days they have the prime seats in the stand. I know the new main stand at Anfield followed this approach. 

That been the case the boxes still have a use for those that want them. There will  e a plan for the replacement of the south and west side of the ground, but let's get this one sorted first before getting ahead of ourselves.

The pitch isn't being moved, the new East Stand goes quite far back and the two remaining properties on Doncaster Road prevent everything sliding East. 

On 17/01/2021 at 14:13, The Future is League said:

For over 20 years, no.Nobody can be that unlucky and i maintain they are doing what they are doing at the moment is that they have heard rumours of a new criteria for Super League and are trying to buy time.

Here is a chomp then what rumours are you referring to then?

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

The same rumours that the people who run your club have heard, hence why the have got somebody to do a few sketches for them, and pretending they are serious about a revamp of Belle Vue.

So where is the answer to my question please what rumours are they? its not a complicated ask you have raised it now justify it.

1 minute ago, Forever Trinity said:

So where is the answer to my question please what rumours are they? its not a complicated ask you have raised it now justify it.

It's the same rumours the people who run your club have heard.

Do you really think they would have paid money to have these sketches drawn up if there wasn't any rumours about a criteria for Super League?

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Do you really think they would have paid money to have these sketches drawn up if there wasn't any rumours about a criteria for Super League?

There are no rumours!!!!  The rules have been in place since sky bought the game

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Hardly a few sketches though is it?  

OK so again what are the rumours please about the future criteria for SL I have not heard any you have raised it now give us the info that not unreasonable is it? Or are you just making it up?

• Like 2

There are no rumours!

The plans lodged with Wakefield planning department are very detailed and under no one’s judgement could they be dismissed as ‘a few sketches’ unless they had a prejudice.

I am as skeptical as they come and I’m certainly not a rose tinted blind, follower of those who run Trinity yet I fully expect this development to happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

There are no rumours!

The plans lodged with Wakefield planning department are very detailed and under no one’s judgement could they be dismissed as ‘a few sketches’ unless they had a prejudice.

I am as skeptical as they come and I’m certainly not a rose tinted blind, follower of those who run Trinity yet I fully expect this development to happen.

Oh it may well do OMEGA, and its long overdue.

The process of trawling out drawings everytime licencing criteria gets a serious mention may well be purely co-incidental....and has led to much pizz taking out of me and fev fans by those trinity fans I know.....

I genuinely and sincerely hope it comes off. The city needs it. The game needs it. BV is an absolute sheeitehole.... you know it, i know it. Its really does need serious redevelopment.

However, I'm not missing this opportunity to take the mick in the meantime..... you know the rules.....you may well have the last chuckle😊😊😊

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I genuinely and sincerely hope it comes off. The city needs it. The game needs it. BV is an absolute sheeitehole.... you know it, i know it. Its really does need serious redevelopment.

It has to be a money pit as well, and Wheldon Rd has to be for Cas too, so I’m sure the club would love an end to the saga, after all look how the cost of maintaining  Odsal helped to screw up Bradford.

3 hours ago, Oldbear said:

It has to be a money pit as well, and Wheldon Rd has to be for Cas too, so I’m sure the club would love an end to the saga, after all look how the cost of maintaining  Odsal helped to screw up Bradford.

100% correct!

Carter & Brereton didn’t & subsequently Carter on his own doesn’t maintain the facilities to anywhere near the standard as the previous owner & CEO, Glover & Elston.

I know for a fact that between the hospitality block, the pitch maintenance and the upkeep of the stadium infrastructure, Glover spent around £200k to £250k a year. That’s a figure every year just to stand still!

Factor in, on top of that the rent to Bank of Ireland of around £100k a year and that’s a huge chunk of revenue every year to play out of an antiquated stadium that consistently throws up challenges and is derided by everyone who experiences it.

why wouldn’t Wakefield Trinity be seriously trying to obtain newer more cost effective facilities

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OMEGA said:

There are no rumours!

I will be believe it when i see a fully refurbed Belle Vue or Wakey playing out of their new ground. I honestly don't think i will either will happen in the next few years. There might be some renovations, but not either of the above

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I will be believe it when i see a fully refurbed Belle Vue or Wakey playing out of their new ground. I honestly don't think i will either will happen in the next few years. There might be some renovations, but not either of the above

Oooh.  1st signs of a bit of back tracking.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Please give up,let them get on with it and if it doesn't materialise,criticise them then.

Is that not why people are criticising, precisely because it hasn't materialised for 20 odd years? Its not like this is the first page of the book, its more like volume 10 of a book set.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Moving the goal posts I see. 

23 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Course it is, you've slipped the word fully into the mix. 

"Fully" is a fairly critical clarification to be fair. As even with this renovation Belle Vue will only be going from worst in the League on par with Cas to 2nd worst in the League.