Wakefield Trinity plans submision

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Sorry the truth hurts you.

Surely you don't believe that Belle Vue will be REFURBISED do you?

No idea, but according to your earlier posts you were adamant the new stand would not happen. Now it's grown arms and legs and become fully refurbished. Even Headingley for how good it looks, has not been fully refurbished. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

"Fully" is a fairly critical clarification to be fair. As even with this renovation Belle Vue will only be going from worst in the League on par with Cas to 2nd worst in the League. 

No doubt it needs to happen, but that's for the clubs benefit as much as anyone else. Afterthat BV will have one tiptop side and two adequate sides.  

The redevelopment of the West (and south) stand is naturally dependent upon funding. I dont think there is source for this yet. Who knows Wakefield AFC might get involved and be able to open up access to some grants (much as many supporters want nothing to do with Rodney Walker anymore).

1 minute ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

The redevelopment of the West (and south) stand is naturally dependent upon funding. I dont think there is source for this yet. Who knows Wakefield AFC might get involved and be able to open up access to some grants (much as many supporters want nothing to do with Rodney Walker anymore).

Or they maybe happy at Fev?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

. Who knows Wakefield AFC might get involved and be able to open up access to some grants (much as many supporters want nothing to do with Rodney Walker anymore).

good luck with that 

quote Wakefield A.F.C. is delighted to announce that the partnership with Featherstone Rovers has become even stronger

• Like 1

When the East Stand is completed, if it’s as the proposed plans now with WMDCs Planning Dept, then Belle Vue will be far far better than Wheldon Rd.

There will be

• properly tarmacked on site car parking
  • purpose built bars and food outlets
  • Multiple, brand new, well kept toilet/baby change facilities
  • New ticketing office & outlet 
  • huge pre match hospitality areas
  • brand new seating with excellent unobstructed views
  • brand new changing rooms and player/officials facilities
  • up to date physio & Medical rooms
  • Players gymnasium & indoor warm up areas

The new North terracing will be completely brand new and will have the most up to date crush bars.

There will be new up to date computerised turnstiles on both the East & West sides of the ground.

The South side Hospitality boxes will still provide Executive longes, Hospitality boxes, supporters bars, food outlets, toilet facilities and some of the best views of a match anywhere in the game.

The Cats Bar will also be revamped to provide a huge retailing area, more toilets, more bars and family areas.

To top it off the pitch will be new and crucially ‘full sized’

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

When the East Stand is completed, if it’s as the proposed plans now with WMDCs Planning Dept, then Belle Vue will be far far better than Wheldon Rd.

There will be

• properly tarmacked on site car parking
  • purpose built bars and food outlets
  • Multiple, brand new, well kept toilet/baby change facilities
  • New ticketing office & outlet 
  • huge pre match hospitality areas
  • brand new seating with excellent unobstructed views
  • brand new changing rooms and player/officials facilities
  • up to date physio & Medical rooms
  • Players gymnasium & indoor warm up areas

The new North terracing will be completely brand new and will have the most up to date crush bars.

There will be new up to date computerised turnstiles on both the East & West sides of the ground.

The South side Hospitality boxes will still provide Executive longes, Hospitality boxes, supporters bars, food outlets, toilet facilities and some of the best views of a match anywhere in the game.

The Cats Bar will also be revamped to provide a huge retailing area, more toilets, more bars and family areas.

To top it off the pitch will be new and crucially ‘full sized’

Full sized and level.  Plus new floodlights.

Up the Trin 

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

No doubt it needs to happen, but that's for the clubs benefit as much as anyone else. Afterthat BV will have one tiptop side and two adequate sides.  

According to Wakefield FC they asked to play at Belle Vue last year but were refused as we didn’t want additional wear and tear of pitch.  This may be the reasoning of the proposed new 4g pitch but think it’s  more for club training and community use.

Up the Trin

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

No idea, but according to your earlier posts you were adamant the new stand would not happen. Now it's grown arms and legs and become fully refurbished. Even Headingley for how good it looks, has not been fully refurbished. 

The new ground wont happen and neither will a rufurbed of Belle Vue

1 hour ago, POR said:

good luck with that 

quote Wakefield A.F.C. is delighted to announce that the partnership with Featherstone Rovers has become even stronger

They may stay, they may want to move and play in the City they represent if/when they move up the football league structure. Rodney  Walker has ###### off a lot of Trinity fans with his apparent duplicity so many want nothing to do with the football club. Me I'm more practical and understand money for stadium redevelopment doesnt materialise out of nothing and there may have to be a compromise somewhere.

4 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

But the new stand, yes or no?

So Wakey are going for a new stand and hope that if and when ground criteria is brought into Super League that will good enough to let them keep their Super League status

I think you and others are missing the point. I really do hope that Wakey get a new ground and a refurbished Belle Vue, but it's not going to happen anytime soon

9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Headingley is light years ahead of Belle Vue as regards Stadia

Belle view would been classed as good enough to host National leage North soccer games

That wasn't the point.

Headingley isn't "completed", so you are playing semantics when you say the BV refurb will never be "completed".

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So Wakey are going for a new stand and hope that if and when ground criteria is brought into Super League that will good enough to let them keep their Super League status

I think you and others are missing the point. I really do hope that Wakey get a new ground and a refurbished Belle Vue, but it's not going to happen anytime soon

Playing with words again.

Define "soon".

The club have said they hope to begin the demolition of the existing East stand at the end of this season - dependent on planning permission.

If that happens, is that ok with you?

Edited by dboy

Just now, dboy said:

That wasn't the point.

Headingley isn't "completed", so you are playing semantics when you say the BV refurb will never be "completed".

Can you honestly compare Leeds ground with Wakeys?

At least Leeds have are doing something about.

Actions speak louder than words, so what ground improvements have gone in at Belle Vue in the last 5 years?

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

Playing with words again.

Define "soon".

The club have said they hope to begin the demolition of the existing East stand at the end of this season - dependent on planning permission.

If that happens, is that ok with you?

HOPE being the key word here. I think i can add PROMISES to that as well because i have heard this for 20 years

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Ground criteria was brought in years ago when sky bought the game

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

HOPE being the key word here. I think i can add PROMISES to that as well because i have heard this for 20 years

I know you are trolling and I shouldn't bite, but hey ho!

As long as PP is granted, the demo & build will start at the end of the season.

The club have NEVER made any promises about ground developments; NEVER. Urban myth, pedalled by fools.

Every time the plans for a ground have failed, it has not been because of the club, but because of external actors - ironically including Caddick, who scuppered the Durkar build, by threatening YCC with legal action (he wouldn't have won legally, but neither WMDC, nor YCC could afford to be tied up in years and years of expensive legal blustering).