Wakefield Trinity plans submision

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Can you explain this?

Obviously some near misses, but never finished bottom.

What have they done that's protectionist?

Spend all their money trying to win games of RL , pretty much what all pro sports clubs do 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So then it's just fill in the rest with terracing , I was going to suggest covered , but I'd leave it open 

Capacity about 8,500 I'd guess 

It's a great question that us Trinity fans never thought to ask for the Q&A.

The current East Stand holds nothing like 2500 - maybe a 1000??? So a big leap there.

The North Stand has a safety limit on, so when the re-furb is done, maybe add another 1000???

Current capacity is just short of 8K I think - so maybe 10k when East and North are done - West to follow in due course.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Spend all their money trying to win games of RL , pretty much what all pro sports clubs do 

The point being the club, certainly under Carter, have only spent the money they have - so that's all good.

If only spending the money you have to win games is protectionist, what would you call spending money you don't have, or not paying your rent to buy players instead?

Edited by dboy

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Agreed to take half money off Leigh.  Preferred smaller teams local to them for promotion rather than French teams who can grow the sport.  Off the top of my head. 

If Wakefield can generate more income from commercial streams,  they may be more inclined to support a 14 team league and wider expansion.  

You can't level those 2 claims solely at Wakefield + you have no idea how Wakefield did, or didn't vote.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't know what Carter's ideal league number is, but I am personally a 14 rather than 10 kind of person.

4 minutes ago, dboy said:

It's a great question that us Trinity fans never thought to ask for the Q&A.

The current East Stand holds nothing like 2500 - maybe a 1000??? So a big leap there.

The North Stand has a safety limit on, so when the re-furb is done, maybe add another 1000???

Current capacity is just short of 8K I think - so maybe 10k when East and North are done - West to follow in due course.

8K ? 😱🤔😂 , Seriously 😂

1 minute ago, dboy said:

You can't level those 2 claims solely at Wakefield + you have no idea how Wakefield did, or didn't vote.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't know what Carter's ideal league number is, but I am personally a 14 rather than 10 kind of person.

I'd suggest Mr Carter's ideal SL number is anything , as long as Wakey are in it 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dboy said:

The council haven't put any money into the club.

They arranged access to a local government loan scheme, which the club pays, in full, on time, with interest. Is that what you meant?

There is however a section of the refurb given over to community use - gym, cafe, studios, meeting space.

They've still loaned the money and will want to see a return

Just now, GUBRATS said:

I'd suggest Mr Carter's ideal SL number is anything , as long as Wakey are in it 😉

You'd be surprised - he's very pragmatic and has said all along that the game needs to change.

He was certainly anti-Wolfpack though, and he believes Catalans have to bring some financial reward for the whole game - which they don't really do.

I am a fan of Catalans.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

They've still loaned the money and will want to see a return

No, WMDC did not loan the money.

The money has not come from WMDC coffers or the local tax payer.

WMDC facilitated access to a govt loan scheme.

Of course, if ever Trinity did cease to pay, WMDC will be liable, as the arranging guarantor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dboy said:

You'd be surprised - he's very pragmatic and has said all along that the game needs to change.

He was certainly anti-Wolfpack though, and he believes Catalans have to bring some financial reward for the whole game - which they don't really do.

I am a fan of Catalans.

I'm sure he is , he might be for change , as long as it's not Wakeys status , I doubt any other owner would feel any different 

1 minute ago, dboy said:

No, WMDC did not loan the money.

The money has not come from WMDC coffers or the local tax payer.

WMDC facilitated access to a govt loan scheme.

Of course, if ever Trinity did cease to pay, WMDC will be liable, as the arranging guarantor. 

So they're going to want to make sure there is going to be a facility to pay back the loan. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm sure he is , he might be for change , as long as it's not Wakeys status , I doubt any other owner would feel any different 

No, he's said all along that the game is more important than the club, and the club has to step up.

He's a rather hard-headed business man. There should more like him in the game!

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

But they have brought more to the game than Wakefield over the last decade.  

Still this isnt a negative.  If we can have another commercially successful team near the cap whilst the clubs that are battling to come up ( Newcastle Leigh Fev) will all get a fair stab at it next time we are moving forward  

No he means things like the promised TV income, that never materialised. The French corporate sponsorships that never materialised. The competitive French international team that never materialised...

In cold, hard cash - Fev would put more into SL coffers than Catalans do.

And no, I wouldn't want Fev in SL over Catalans!

Edited by dboy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

No, he's said all along that the game is more important than the club, and the club has to step up.

He's a rather hard-headed business man. There should more like him in the game!

What people say and what they want are two very different things , if Wakey get this development , and I hope they do , the challenge will be to make it work no matter what League they are in 

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

No not solely at Wakefield,  just at clubs who have been consistently at risk rather than looking up.  I hope with this new facility that their perspective changes. 

If I remember rightly, the decision to limit Leigh's money was unanimous.

Wakefield were denied ANY SL funding for their first 2 year's in SL, I believe.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

So they're going to want to make sure there is going to be a facility to pay back the loan. Thanks!

They have fixed charges over everything that moves - they aren't really exposed:

bellevue-charge2.jpg

Edited by M j M
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

What point are you making?

You said WMDC want a return on "their" loan. 

It's in WMDCs interest to have a strong successful club, but the loan was predicated on the existing facility - it isn't tied to there being a new build.

If there isn't a new build, the status quo remains, and Wakefield continue to service the loan as they are doing currently.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

They have fixed charges over everything that moves - they aren't really exposed:

bellevue-charge2.jpg

Yeah, they're effectively a lender. The land isn't really worth that much unless Wakefield Trinity are doing something with it though - and in any case the Council want Wakefield to kick on with this now they have helped secure the ownership of the land.

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

What point are you making?

You said WMDC want a return on "their" loan. 

It's in WMDCs interest to have a strong successful club, but the loan was predicated on the existing facility - it isn't tied to there being a new build.

If there isn't a new build, the status quo remains, and Wakefield continue to service the loan as they are doing currently.

The council can't justify backing £3 million into Belle Vue with nothing to come out of it bar the freehold.