Wakefield Trinity plans submision

I for one am delighted for Trinity and rugby league. Clearly it is desperately needed but I have faith that it will actually materialise.

As for Castleford, there is no way they should receive a single penny of any cash injection, they will merely waste it on paint and glue. I'm afraid Castleford should be sent to the Championship and replaced by Newcastle, York or similar for the good of the overall game. They have been an embarrassment to the game for all of the21 century. Equally, I suspect that if they were kicked out, they would very quickly develope a new ground and perhaps return to SL.

Wheldon Rd may not exactly be sparkling new but I can't honestly say Cas are 'an embarrassment to the game'. In fact that's an embarrassing thing to say. 

7 minutes ago, cookey said:

Unfortunately, that is not the view of broadcasters or sponsors, they simply dont want to be associated with the place in 2021. It's not fit for third rate ferret racing.

Whilst I agree with you that they should have pulled their finger out and sorted it years ago (as should all other clubs in unfit stadiums) they often have packed crowds that, despite other things, looks good on TV. I’m not sure a sponsor or broadcaster would prefer they cover a 5K in a 25K situation.

9 minutes ago, cookey said:

Unfortunately, that is not the view of broadcasters or sponsors, they simply dont want to be associated with the place in 2021. It's not fit for third rate ferret racing.

You're just making stuff up now. Sky don't like the complications of setting up at Wheldon Road but they love the screen presence it has.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Wheldon Rd may not exactly be sparkling new 

I'm on record on here multiple times for saying it's the best atmosphere in SL when it's full and rocking, but I think you've just won the internet for today with that understatement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iffleyox said:

I'm on record on here multiple times for saying it's the best atmosphere in SL when it's full and rocking, but I think you've just won the internet for today with that understatement!

I can do diplomatic when need be. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Whilst I agree with you that they should have pulled their finger out and sorted it years ago (as should all other clubs in unfit stadiums) they often have packed crowds that, despite other things, looks good on TV. I’m not sure a sponsor or broadcaster would prefer they cover a 5K in a 25K situation.

Sorry I disagree with you here, firstly as a Wakey fan and living in the same district and council as Cas to say they should pull there finger out is down right rude. The politics locally with the LA etc has been a disgrace to say the least, Cas have a programme lined up at Glasshoughton but of course with everything in our district its all very complicated.

However allowing you to justify your post what exactly should Cas, Wakey and any other clubs you are implying that are in unfit stadiums do then?

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Sorry I disagree with you here, firstly as a Wakey fan and living in the same district and council as Cas to say they should pull there finger out is down right rude. The politics locally with the LA etc has been a disgrace to say the least, Cas have a programme lined up at Glasshoughton but of course with everything in our district its all very complicated.

However allowing you to justify your post what exactly should Cas, Wakey and any other clubs you are implying that are in unfit stadiums do then?

I don't know because it's not my job to know what is involved in building a new stadium - but it is somebody's, so ask them. 

And I aren't implying anything, grounds like WR or Belle Vue *are* unfit for the 21st century. 

4 hours ago, iffleyox said:

I love going to Cas (Hull FC supporter)

• Like 2

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

9 hours ago, cookey said:

I for one am delighted for Trinity and rugby league. Clearly it is desperately needed but I have faith that it will actually materialise.

As for Castleford, there is no way they should receive a single penny of any cash injection, they will merely waste it on paint and glue. I'm afraid Castleford should be sent to the Championship and replaced by Newcastle, York or similar for the good of the overall game. They have been an embarrassment to the game for all of the21 century. Equally, I suspect that if they were kicked out, they would very quickly develope a new ground and perhaps return to SL.

Are you seriously suggesting that SL would be a better product for kicking out Cas and replacing them with York or Newcastle? Cas would be a big loss to SL and that’s coming from a Wakey fan. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 10:28, Forever Trinity said:

Unfortunately WMDC have ducked out of doing heir duty time and time again by playing on the 3 club scenario. Unfortunately far too many Cas fans have fallen into the trap and helped push the myth created mainly by ex council leader Peter Box.

What Cas fans in particular should do is, should the Trinity scheme really happen, is to do the same. don't see what Trinity get as missing out but simply as a road map as to how to go about getting what you need.

There has been a fair bit of wheeler dealing for Trinity to get what they MAY be getting. The situation at Cas is not the same but there are similarities. There is Council land/support for developers that can be played off for developer support for an upgrade of WR.

Just be realistic and come up with a viable pan. Truth is Cas only really needs a new main stand, floodlights and perhaps the widening of the pitch, all possible within a manageable cost.

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2021 at 13:40, Marauder said:

I love going to Cas (Hull FC supporter)

Me too.  Fantastic atmosphere on that away terracing, watching a blood and thunder game No different than standing on the away terracing at Headingley really.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 19/11/2021 at 13:27, Kirmonds pouch said:

Unfortunately WMDC have ducked out of doing heir duty time and time again by playing on the 3 club scenario. Unfortunately far too many Cas fans have fallen into the trap and helped push the myth created mainly by ex council leader Peter Box.

What Cas fans in particular should do is, should the Trinity scheme really happen, is to do the same. don't see what Trinity get as missing out but simply as a road map as to how to go about getting what you need.

There has been a fair bit of wheeler dealing for Trinity to get what they MAY be getting. The situation at Cas is not the same but there are similarities. There is Council land/support for developers that can be played off for developer support for an upgrade of WR.

Just be realistic and come up with a viable pan. Truth is Cas only really needs a new main stand, floodlights and perhaps the widening of the pitch, all possible within a manageable cost.

I've always said WR is a proper RL ground and should be 'done' up, surely they could build a new main stand and stay where their history is. If Featherstone can do their ground up surely a SL club can. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I've always said WR is a proper RL ground and should be 'done' up, surely they could build a new main stand and stay where their history is. If Featherstone can do their ground up surely a SL club can. 

They will.

That’s what the 6 million is for.

Brilliant work when you think about it. Each club gets enough to get them started and each set of fans cannot be aggrieved.

Yet that money is a fraction of what one new stadium let alone two or even three would cost.

That money and perhaps a few more helping hands here and there immediately let’s WMDC off the hook as the worst provider of community sports facilities of any MDC in England.

You gotta hand it to them. I also think Cas will find their way to some very cheap council loans, ditto Fev should they ever need it.

All a council has to get to justifying a loan is to receive more in tenure than leaving it in a bank, ie 0.001% would do.

Also just for the benefit of our resident Cas red neck Les Tonks I’d like to put him straight on one piece of false propaganda he keeps peddling.

Trinity did NOT pay over the odds for BV. The seller knew we needed the ground back to meet SL criteria. He was in no hurry to sell, we had to approach him.

He was a businessman all be it a dodgy one but he only followed the basic laws of capitalism. He sold it for the most he knew he could squeeze out of us, you’d do the same if you were selling your house impromptu!

Forget about Red book values, utter nonsense in the real world, the vendor can charge what he likes, they are a guide nothing more. He did well but we got what we desperately needed although at the top end of our budget.

As is life, since then property prices have risen and the value is more or less even now. So do shut up on that one, wasn’t clever when you first peddled out your one fact and now it’s irrelevant.

27 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

They will.

That’s what the 6 million is for.

Brilliant work when you think about it. Each club gets enough to get them started and each set of fans cannot be aggrieved.

Yet that money is a fraction of what one new stadium let alone two or even three would cost.

That money and perhaps a few more helping hands here and there immediately let’s WMDC off the hook as the worst provider of community sports facilities of any MDC in England.

You gotta hand it to them. I also think Cas will find their way to some very cheap council loans, ditto Fev should they ever need it.

All a council has to get to justifying a loan is to receive more in tenure than leaving it in a bank, ie 0.001% would do.

Also just for the benefit of our resident Cas red neck Les Tonks I’d like to put him straight on one piece of false propaganda he keeps peddling.

Trinity did NOT pay over the odds for BV. The seller knew we needed the ground back to meet SL criteria. He was in no hurry to sell, we had to approach him.

He was a businessman all be it a dodgy one but he only followed the basic laws of capitalism. He sold it for the most he knew he could squeeze out of us, you’d do the same if you were selling your house impromptu!

Forget about Red book values, utter nonsense in the real world, the vendor can charge what he likes, they are a guide nothing more. He did well but we got what we desperately needed although at the top end of our budget.

As is life, since then property prices have risen and the value is more or less even now. So do shut up on that one, wasn’t clever when you first peddled out your one fact and now it’s irrelevant.

https://citizen.wakefield.gov.uk/districts-rugby-league-clubs-set-for-a-6m-boost/?utm_content=bufferf72ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Although it does suggest that the proposed RL Resilience Fund of up to £2M each can be used to meet RFL conditions on stadium facilities but the main thrust is on increasing community usage. A condition is to produce an annual report on impact.

Whilst it's obvious that the 4g pitch and refurbishment of the existing clubhouse for community use at BV will go a long way to meeting these requirements, the picture is less clear at WR.

They will probably need significantly more than £2M to improve the stadium and increase community use. Hopefully, they will decide on the future of WR quickly and seek additional funding.

The overpayment for buying back BV is an urban myth.

On face value, Manni Hussein bought it from Bank of Ireland for £1.7M and the club paid £3M.

However, MH got it for an absolute bargain because (for rather mysterious reasons best known to the council leader and a certain Knight of the Realm) the club was told not to bid for it. What the club eventually bought was not only the stadium but also all the land up to Doncaster Road which had been cleared of existing buildings (superbowl, wimpy, etc.). They also paid the market rate as, at the time, MH was on no rush to sell. 

2 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

https://citizen.wakefield.gov.uk/districts-rugby-league-clubs-set-for-a-6m-boost/?utm_content=bufferf72ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Although it does suggest that the proposed RL Resilience Fund of up to £2M each can be used to meet RFL conditions on stadium facilities but the main thrust is on increasing community usage. A condition is to produce an annual report on impact.

Whilst it's obvious that the 4g pitch and refurbishment of the existing clubhouse for community use at BV will go a long way to meeting these requirements, the picture is less clear at WR.

They will probably need significantly more than £2M to improve the stadium and increase community use. Hopefully, they will decide on the future of WR quickly and seek additional funding.

The overpayment for buying back BV is an urban myth.

On face value, Manni Hussein bought it from Bank of Ireland for £1.7M and the club paid £3M.

However, MH got it for an absolute bargain because (for rather mysterious reasons best known to the council leader and a certain Knight of the Realm) the club was told not to bid for it. What the club eventually bought was not only the stadium but also all the land up to Doncaster Road which had been cleared of existing buildings (superbowl, wimpy, etc.). They also paid the market rate as, at the time, MH was on no rush to sell. 

WR is identical to BV in that it has no community facilities. All Cas have to do is put their community facilities in the main stadium. What counts as community use can be very fluid.

I guarantee you that 2 million will go into a new main stand. Where they get the other six million from I’m not sure. 

My guess is that the council will use some of its considerable land stock to facilitate a generous donation from a certain developer. More or less the plot 8 scenario but dressed up differently.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a fan of slow, steady progress, keeping people up to date on progress and also highlighting any potential delays.

Non match day hospitality is key, as clubs simply cannot exist via 15 matches a season and a local benefactor. Leeds is the blue print for non match day revenue.

23 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Good news, though if this ever happens moaning on this forum will have to reduce by about 40%. 

I don’t know which stand is which (North, East etc), is the bizarre one behind the sticks on the right when you watch on tv one of the ones being developed? 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good news, though if this ever happens moaning on this forum will have to reduce by about 40%. 

I don’t know which stand is which (North, East etc), is the bizarre one behind the sticks on the right when you watch on tv one of the ones being developed? 

East is the partially seated, partially standing that is visible to the TV camera, North is the largish terrace behind the sticks, although this is a refurb than actual redevelopment. Western terrace is the exposed shallow terrace runing the full touchline that really needs some attention, but that will have to come down the line if the club can gather enough funding from God knows where to redevelop it.

• Thanks 1