Wakefield Trinity plans submision

30 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

East is the partially seated, partially standing that is visible to the TV camera, North is the largish terrace behind the sticks, although this is a refurb than actual redevelopment. Western terrace is the exposed shallow terrace runing the full touchline that really needs some attention, but that will have to come down the line if the club can gather enough funding from God knows where to redevelop it.

I absolutely get why they're doing the north and the east first (because they need to and the east is where the space is for all the stuff that needs to front the main road) - but it is a real pity they're not doing the north and the west first, because the west is the biggest mess and the east looks quite tidy still. Pausing to get their breath back with the east and south as is, and north and west sorted out, would leave a good looking ground in the meantime. 

Anyway, as I say I do know and appreciate why the east's got to happen first.

I have always enjoyed the hospitality at Trinity (The stacked portacabins that nearly bankrupted the club:)

The rest of the stadium is to put it mildly a dump but excellent playing surface.

I hope it all works out for them and their fans as i have always thought with the right management and marketing it has amazing potential.

A sleeping giant.

Paul

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Plot 8 passed, this is the financial enabler.

It's the first of the two major hurdles.

The next is that the Council in particular force the developer to see through the deal in its entirety..

But is still a huge victory and a massive leap forward for the club.

Great news.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Well the upgrade to BV has been passed the Council are now considering plot 8 at Newmarket which is the key to the majority of funding

That is great news im really pleased for the Wakey faithful. I haven’t been for seven years because the spec was shocking, so hopefully i’ll be visiting in the near future when Saints are over there. 

• Like 1

Well I will not be celebrating just yet.  York court are a bunch of snakes and so far have squirmed their way out of spending a penny whilst they have lined their pocket with millions on the rest of the development. 

As far as I am aware their will be no cash handover but yorkcourt will develop the stadium till the equivalent of  £8.8m runs out. Their interpretation of their costs could be very much at odds to what the club expects.

Still plenty of fun and games to come, sorry for being pessimistic but my experience of years of this saga has led me to this.

One good point, that despicable politician Box is no longer on the scene so at least that's a plus.

34 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Well I will not be celebrating just yet.  York court are a bunch of snakes and so far have squirmed their way out of spending a penny whilst they have lined their pocket with millions on the rest of the development. 

As far as I am aware their will be no cash handover but yorkcourt will develop the stadium till the equivalent of  £8.8m runs out. Their interpretation of their costs could be very much at odds to what the club expects.

Still plenty of fun and games to come, sorry for being pessimistic but my experience of years of this saga has led me to this.

One good point, that despicable politician Box is no longer on the scene so at least that's a plus.

Not how it reads in the docs no payment of 8.8 million and no work can start on the warehouse. Its all linked into a delivery plan looks like this could be a belt and brace job on Yorcourt.

Edited by Forever Trinity

9 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Not how it reads in the docs no payment of 8.8 million and no work can start on the warehouse. Its all linked into a delivery plan looks like this could be a belt and brace job on Yorcourt.

Not had chance to read it, let's hope its water tight and then some. 👍

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Try reading the info and stop being negative for the sake of it, you really are a bore.

Notes from todays planning meeting conclusion.

"A set of Planning Obligations are proposed to be included within a legal agreement Under Section 106 of the Act which would be signed by both Spirit of 1873 (The Club) and Newmarket Lane Ltd and would require the £8.8m contribution to be made within 1 week of the approval of a Delivery Plan for the stadium improvement project. A further (negatively framed) planning obligation would bar Newmarket Lane Ltd from commencing the warehouse development until both the approval of the Delivery Plan and the payment of the contribution'.

That should be clear enough even for you.

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Try reading the info and stop being negative for the sake of it, you really are a bore.

Notes from todays planning meeting conclusion.

"A set of Planning Obligations are proposed to be included within a legal agreement Under Section 106 of the Act which would be signed by both Spirit of 1873 (The Club) and Newmarket Lane Ltd and would require the £8.8m contribution to be made within 1 week of the approval of a Delivery Plan for the stadium improvement project. A further (negatively framed) planning obligation would bar Newmarket Lane Ltd from commencing the warehouse development until both the approval of the Delivery Plan and the payment of the contribution'.

That should be clear enough even for you.

Would be signed... so not yet signed

Look sorry for being negative and all. But my experience of everything Yorkcourt tells me not to accept anything till it's actually delivered. 

I really hope I am wrong and you are right. 

14 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Would be signed... so not yet signed

Look sorry for being negative and all. But my experience of everything Yorkcourt tells me not to accept anything till it's actually delivered. 

I really hope I am wrong and you are right. 

Well of course it's not signed, it only passed 4 hours ago, probably is now.

What experience with YC? The same as the rest of us I'd assume. This has little to do with YC and everything to do with the Council. If you want to be negative its WMDC who you should be worried about, however it's hard to see how they can wriggle out of this or would want to, especially after committing 2 million already.

11 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well of course it's not signed, it only passed 4 hours ago, probably is now.

What experience with YC? The same as the rest of us I'd assume. This has little to do with YC and everything to do with the Council. If you want to be negative its WMDC who you should be worried about, however it's hard to see how they can wriggle out of this or would want to, especially after committing 2 million already.

Look we both obviously want this to happen. We both want me to look a miserable old pessimist and you right. 

I am sorry kirmo, I just do not trust YC for many reasons including some I can't post on here. 

I will leave it for now and just sit back and see what happens next.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm really happy for the Wakey faithful, they've had to put up with so much over the years when it's come to the ground situation and it finally looks like something might be happening so let's hope everything is sorted in full and work can start soon. 

Absolutely. Bring on the time when they can commission a watercolour painting of the actual stand

Pleased for the fans.

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I think the ground improvement's will go ahead this time, but if they don't Wakey will loose their Super League status. within 3 years. Cas must take this as a wake up call otherwise they will fine themselves in the Championship within 3 years if they don't do major improvement's to their ground