Wakefield Trinity plans submision

29 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

He was a Stanningley player who then went to Wakey.  

I can find no record of him at the club. At what level are we talking about exactly, he certainly never signed a full time contract as far as I can see. Why the opinions of a seriously no mark player have any validity is beyond me.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

17 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I can find no record of him at the club. At what level are we talking about exactly, he certainly never signed a full time contract as far as I can see. Why the opinions of a seriously no mark player have any validity is beyond me.

I think it's an attempt to be funny. 

53 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I think it's an attempt to be funny. 

No, it's the usual attempt to turn any positive RL story into a negative. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 hours ago, Damien said:

11 years ago Wakey convinced me to buy a Season Ticket, saying they were signing "some right players"!

Lying bas.....

To be fair to Cam Leeming, his comments on Twitter are quite warm and he's just poking fun.

We'll still only believe it when we see it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

11 years ago Wakey convinced me to buy a Season Ticket, saying they were signing "some right players"!

Lying bas.....

To be fair to Cam Leeming, his comments on Twitter are quite warm and he's just poking fun.

We'll still only believe it when we see it.

Yep its just a funny piece of light hearted banter and should be taken for what it is. Its hard to believe that some can get so precious about such a thing.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yep its just a funny piece of light hearted banter and should be taken for what it is. Its hard to believe that some can get so precious about such a thing.

Indeed.  I think everyone will be happy for Wakey getting this project underway and it will have had enough banter in the pubs and clubs of the district over the years.

Spending the brass wisely is the next step and keeping tabs on the construction management.  Every error involves cost.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Try reading the info and stop being negative for the sake of it, you really are a bore.

Notes from todays planning meeting conclusion.

"A set of Planning Obligations are proposed to be included within a legal agreement Under Section 106 of the Act which would be signed by both Spirit of 1873 (The Club) and Newmarket Lane Ltd and would require the £8.8m contribution to be made within 1 week of the approval of a Delivery Plan for the stadium improvement project. A further (negatively framed) planning obligation would bar Newmarket Lane Ltd from commencing the warehouse development until both the approval of the Delivery Plan and the payment of the contribution'.

That should be clear enough even for you.

Re: the £8.8m contribution.  Does this mean that the £8.8m contribution is put into an account and Wakey themselves control all payment for work.  If so that is a good outcome.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

In what way is it funny? I'm not precious but it's lame to say the least.

However that wasn't my issue, I can still find no evidence that he ever joined Trinity in any capacity.

Anyway similar to Dboys point, I signed for Leeds RL as they were then as a colts player, at the time they told me they were building a team to win the league within three years. I never played for the Leeds first team but had I my career would have needed to have lasted nearly 15+ years for that to actually happen. Yet I don't hold it against Leeds because in fairness it did look like they were building a team capable of winning the league at the time, they were not lying it just didn't work out as they thought it would.

Ten years ago NM was a near cert, passed by the a Minister of the Crown, at the time the Trinity committee had no reason not to believe it and as such were telling the truth as they knew it at the time.

Thats why it's not funny, it's a fib regarding the player himself built into a historical misconception, old and wrong news is as stated not funny.

So sorry call me a killjoy but it's not funny in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Re: the £8.8m contribution.  Does this mean that the £8.8m contribution is put into an account and Wakey themselves control all payment for work.  If so that is a good outcome.

No, it goes to a Trust I believe run by the Council, Club and developer or something along those lines. Because it's a 'community stadium' Trinity have to comply to a number of requirements. It's a slightly odd one as Trinity do own the ground not the trust or the council as would be more usual but they will have to surrender some autonomy to the council, not a bad thing in my opinion.

The plus side to this is that the ground cannot be gambled away and will be separate to the clubs finances as part of the S106. This also means that it will be far easier to get council support for further investment in the future as the council can justify it as a community facility.

I expect to see another RL grant from WMDC in the future should the three clubs fulfil their community element of the deal.

May prove to be a new way for councils to support local teams in the future, where they leave the running and development of the community stadiums to the clubs but help in ways that matter and that they are good at.

I think it's very interesting that WMDC leant Trinity the money to buy the ground at an incredibly low interest rate, yet they can justify this because it's still higher than the rate they would get from a bank though not much. Yet I'm reliably informed that the interest WMDC get from Trinity keeps two rural bus services going, so it's a win win for both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I think my joke response has done a "whooosh" though...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No, it goes to a Trust I believe run by the Council, Club and developer or something along those lines. Because it's a 'community stadium' Trinity have to comply to a number of requirements. It's a slightly odd one as Trinity do own the ground not the trust or the council as would be more usual but they will have to surrender some autonomy to the council, not a bad thing in my opinion.

The plus side to this is that the ground cannot be gambled away and will be separate to the clubs finances as part of the S106. This also means that it will be far easier to get council support for further investment in the future as the council can justify it as a community facility.

I expect to see another RL grant from WMDC in the future should the three clubs fulfil their community element of the deal.

May prove to be a new way for councils to support local teams in the future, where they leave the running and development of the community stadiums to the clubs but help in ways that matter and that they are good at.

I think it's very interesting that WMDC leant Trinity the money to buy the ground at an incredibly low interest rate, yet they can justify this because it's still higher than the rate they would get from a bank though not much. Yet I'm reliably informed that the interest WMDC get from Trinity keeps two rural bus services going, so it's a win win for both.

Thanks for the response.  That process should ensure accountability which in turn should ensure good decision making.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

He's been a decent player at Championship level with a few clubs including Hunslet Hawks were he played along side a couple of players from my neck of the woods.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

50 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Fair enough but he never signed for Trinity which is odd because most championship players have at some point!

Hi may have done one day but I think he may have had to retire because of injury.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Every time I drive past that vast out of place white box on the M62 I think of both what a bad location it seemed to be and of how Trinity were screwed over by the whole process.

Building stadia is incredibly difficult and the news yesterday really is one of the better outcomes: the club doesn't end up somewhere I really couldn't see was a great location whilst being able to redevelop their own home, which they own.

The only downside I see is the ripping up of the pitch. That's a big sacrifice to make for any club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Every time I drive past that vast out of place white box on the M62 I think of both what a bad location it seemed to be and of how Trinity were screwed over by the whole process.

Building stadia is incredibly difficult and the news yesterday really is one of the better outcomes: the club doesn't end up somewhere I really couldn't see was a great location whilst being able to redevelop their own home, which they own.

The only downside I see is the ripping up of the pitch. That's a big sacrifice to make for any club.

I completely agree. I think the way its all turned out has been a blessing in disguise for Wakefield and a much better outcome.

On 16/12/2021 at 18:53, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm really happy for the Wakey faithful, they've had to put up with so much over the years when it's come to the ground situation and it finally looks like something might be happening so let's hope everything is sorted in full and work can start soon. 

Great news. I agreed and have said this here previous that it is the supporters who are being taken for a ride if their club doesn't keep the facilities reasonable.

Is the budget c8m. That is 5000 seats and bogs that work! 

You could see the Main Stand and the quirky Hospitality portacabins stand (Personally I love it as although its ugly it gives Belle Vue character.) remaining and two new stands being erected. 

It could be a nice tidy place. 10-11k capacity. Add a 4g pitch and Wakefield's fuiture looks good.

Over to Cas and perhaps SRD then

On 17/12/2021 at 08:52, Kirmonds pouch said:

I've forgotten a lot of players over the years, but glad I'm not going senile on this one!

On 19/12/2021 at 12:41, ShropshireBull said:

Fantastic for Wakey and game as a whole.  Should get them closer to the cap in revenue so they can be more successful on the field to give us another challenger.  4G pitch will be huge in building a younger fan base.  Get them on the pitch as kids,  make going to the ground part of the routine. 

In a couple of years we could have 8 teams (Cat,  Toulouse,  Leeds,  Wigan Wire Saints Hull Wakey ) plus some teams in the champ currently all with the finance to be pushing for playoffs, with FTA coverage to boot. 

Will turn alot of games that werent good for tv coverage due to facilities into another option. 

Very well said, thing's are now looking pretty good, since we feared the SKY money cut was going to badly affect the professional game.....

• 4 weeks later...